What I did
1. sliced open the floor pan from the top and hammered on it from inside the car to try and get it into reasonable shape. I cut the spot welds and then cut out on top of the spot weld lines so that it wouldn't leave a seam on bottom of the pan. After I got tired hammering on it, I laid it back down, re welded the spot welds and then seam welded the whole cut out. I cut 3 sides and left the front attached.
2. using various hammer banging tools I knocked the bulges in as straight as I could get them to reshape the corners and try and get them back to something close to right angles.
3. after banging from the inside, I had all kinds of high and low spots on the floor supports so I went along the bottom and peened in all the high spots that prior banging created
4. sand to metal, primed, filled and primed today
This is right before today's priming. I was too tired to think to take an after I primed it shot.
I don't have a before anything shot of these but there wasn't any place on the sides and bottom that was really straight when I started. It turned out to be a lot more work than I expected because I refused to just quit. It might have been better in the long run to just replace them with new metal but I didn't.
The wankered up corner where the support meets the cross member is me, many moons ago, learning not very well how to put in a floor pan. I paid all my attention to the top or inside the car and not so much what the bottom of the car was going to look like. I may get a crazy bee and fix that(or not).
65 2+2, 331, C4 presently apart for complete a restore
1979 Ford F150 custom, 302, C4, AC, tilt wheel, main transportation