Classic Industries will start to sell Classic mustang Parts now???!!?? - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
CAL Mustang was the source for Daisy's parts when restored in 1983.
Back in the early and mid 80's, California Mustang dominated the Mustang restoration parts market, and we (NPD) were the young newcomers scrambling to take whatever slice of that market we could..

So watching the Cal Mustang name sunset is somewhat strange. Hard to believe we've been at it this many years now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 02:41 PM

Garage
I had just gotten a harness from them a month or so ago. It was missing a couple of boots and the service rep helped me get the missing pieces pretty quick... Kinda sad to see a long standing name going out of business. I'm anxious to see how the new Classic Industries venture turns out.

Barney..1966 Mustang Coupe

Last edited by scootr117; 04-19-2018 at 02:42 PM. Reason: .......
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bossnine View Post
Back in the early and mid 80's, California Mustang dominated the Mustang restoration parts market, and we (NPD) were the young newcomers scrambling to take whatever slice of that market we could..

So watching the Cal Mustang name sunset is somewhat strange. Hard to believe we've been at it this many years now...
You guys are doing something right it's a rough market to be in.

Out of all the parts I've ordered from NPD I've never needed to return anything, can't say that about any other vendor including Cal-Mustang they did carry some deluxe interior parts that beat all my expectations.

Folks need to research & do their homework on vintage cars there are too many variations & versions of parts with all the options offered for Mustangs. If I'm not sure I don't hesitate to call. NPD also has great CS. I'd guess 80-90% of customer returns is lack of verifying the part will fit their setup.

Bob

69 Coupe 351W C4 Holley Street Avenger Comp Cams Roller Noisy Gear Drive
Cad ATS V
Some previous cars: 68 Shelby GT500 428 Auto, 40 Chev Coupe 283, 47 Fiat Topolino B/A Chev 288 Hilborn, 64 Plymouth 426 Hemi SS/BA, 70 & 71 Cuda & Challenger 426 Hemi SS/AA, 55 Chev 327, 55 Chev Nomad 283, 57 Chev Nomad 327,
57 Pontiac Safari 389, 63 Corvette 327, 68 Cougar XR7 302, 68 Camaro RS/SS 327
69 Camaro Z28 396, 73 Olds Cutlass Supreme 455 4 sp

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 02:59 PM

When we were in the area last year, I got to spend a "car day" on vacation. I did a tour at chips shop, visited classic industries, socal speed shop up in Pamona, and a couple other places I can't quite recall and even went to a local cruise in in Huntington Beach.

I saw what a few people mentioned, it seemed like a lot of people sitting down waiting for someone to get to them. HOWEVER, if I was local, I think I could handle the wait if that meant I got to get my stuff right then. I do have NPD a couple hours away in NC and have been there multiple times, especially when trying to get matching interior colors, but it was so cool for SO MANY parts places and shops to be in one "local" area. I think when they bring up your name they can see how much you've spent, so I always get treated nice The counter people have always been super nice to get a couple versions of colors for me, blue is especially a pain in the ***...

2011 Mustang 3.7L Premium Pony Package
2015 Silverado 5.3L 2LT DC Z71
1965 Mustang C Code Coupe 289/T5/3.25
1967 Chevrolet C10 350/700R/3.73
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400

Last edited by 65 Pony; 04-19-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page