Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1966 mustang production date question

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Ax_register 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I’m new to the forum. I’ve owned a few mustangs over the years and I recently purchased a 66 with no door warrantee plate. I’m in the process of getting a plate made and would like it to be as accurate as possible. Does anyone have access to the mustang production guide volume I that can tell me approximately when it was built.

Vin # is 6F09C212744

From my deduction this is what I have for everything else

Body = 63A
Color = Q. Original color appears to be a darker blue
Trim = 86
Date = ?
DSO = somewhere down south maybe Atlanta
Axle = 6
Trans = 6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Can anyone tell me how to register on the ISOmustang site. I see where you can add your car but not actually register with an id and PW

#7 ·
All orig Ford sheet metal has a coded date stamping. That could get you "in the general ball park". Areas that would have it, top fender lips, underside of hood, inside drain edges of trunk (where lid comes down on).
Others maybe able to explain better.
Of course hood fenders may have long been swapped out but trunk area maybe still orig sheet metal.

#8 ·
"Trim = 86"

That's impossible for a 1966 Mustang. Trim code 86 was a Black interior for a '64 1/2 Mustang.

That code was changed to "26" for 1965 and 1966 Mustangs. If you have an ALL BLACK Standard Interior, It should be code "26"....not "86".

:eek:)

Tony K.

#9 ·
The DSO for Atlanta is "21". DSO=21

Do you have any original paperwork for the car?? The Original Owner's Manual Perhaps?? Or the Original Ownercard??

:eek:)

Tony K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.