ď I am ď frustrated with NPD in Charlotte, N.C. - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 120Likes

post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 07:20 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Ahhhhhh...what a healthy thread.
66whitepony likes this.

Regards,
Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 08:10 PM

All's well that ends well...Hope your radiator tomorrow is in perfect shape and you're happy with the results...

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 08:45 PM

Location: Formerly Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Now Silverhill, Alabama USA
Having Rick as part of our forum along with being very active in it says a lot about him and his company. This goes a long way in my book.

To the OP, we are are looking forward to pictures when you receive your shipment tomorrow!!

John

John Goettsch

My First Mustang

Transformed 2017: (Thanks 22GT)
66 FB C Code Upgraded to HiPo+
Autolite 4100 1.12 - 4-Speed Toploader
3.55 True-Trac - Koni Adjustables
Z-Member - Arvinode Exhaust

66 FB C Code C4
Code U Tahoe Turquoise Metallic
White/Aqua Pony Interior

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOCK View Post
NPD runs the best aftermarket operation when it comes to our Vintage Mustang Parts.
Now, Can things get screwed up, over looked--Yes. This is a happening in what we call Life. Not a damn one of us run a perfect operation/or have a error free existence .
As has been stated, call the folks at NPD, explain your concerns. They will be addressed, I guarantee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bossnine View Post
To the OP: I've got an email into Shawn so that I can find out who you are, review your order history, and find out where Shawn is with you on this radiator. We can also check order history on that specific radiator to determine if one was ever returned to us. Often times, a re-taped box can be as simple as someone having looked at the part at our counter, but decided not to buy. And lord knows, we've also been shipped radiators from the manufacturers that got a bit dinged-up before they ever made it to the box.

But everything is speculation for me at this point. I'll be in touch. If you could please PM me with your email address, that would also be helpful.

Thank you, and I apologize in advance for anything/everything we might have contributed to these mishaps. I'll be happy to sort through it with you, in the hopes of making-good and also preventing future grief.

Rick
NPD
[email protected]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bossnine View Post
Update:

I have yet to hear back from the OP, but I have both emailed and PM'd.

I have spoken with Shawn in NC, and he had already spoken on the phone with the OP today, and has an inspected replacement radiator heading to him for Saturday delivery. Hopefully UPS doesn't damage it!

We'll work to help ensure this type of chaos does not occur ongoing.

Rick
NPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackelbarry View Post
I havenít been on the forum today because I was trying to get other things done to the car. That being said, I have talked with Shawn at NPD as well as responded to Rick. I assured Rick that I was not trying to call anyone out and with the response I received from a few people, I was just glad I didnít say anything about their Mother or God. They have reviewed my orders, going back years, so they know the amount of money that I have and will spend. We chalked it up to a run of bad luck and they are still my go to parts supplier. Also, they have gone above and beyond to get me the radiator tomorrow.
To anyone I have offended by starting this thread, I apologize.
tack, as you have seen rick has already responded. as for ticking people off on he forum, i dont think you have because you had an issue, and you were clam and collected about getting the necessary information out, and not pointing fingers at anyone, or p#ssing and moaning about NPD trying to rip you off or other such garbage.

everyone makes mistakes from time to time, its how the mistakes are handled that is the key to great customer service. good job everyone staying cool over the issue.

64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

a man's fate is a man's fate
and life is but an illusion

fordsix.com admin
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 11:28 PM

To the OP, I think you did NPD a service. Look, if it takes the owner of a company to get Customer Service to step up and make something right, then there is a lack of training, direction or policy. I think the the OP was tame and representative of someone who is frustrated with a Customer Service issue. He should have had the same results he is getting now without ever having to post. He didn't.

I buy from NPD and Summit and have never had a problem with either but I know that problems occur and its how those problems are addressed that matter. If you have to involve the owner, something is wrong.

For you guys waiting for a progress report and photo's from the OP tomorrow, that's a little presumptive isn't it? Sounds like the issue is solved.
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

The progress report would be for the OP to confirm that the issue was taken care of, and that he is happy with the end result.

I personally donít need the OP to confirm this, because Rick said heíd take care of it and thatís enough.

But when you call someone out for a mistake, you should also clearly make public that the issue was / is resolved, and that youíre good.

Iím confident that the OP will do just that.

Ex-wife,....."You drove how far for that thing?"
Daughter,..."Theres no inside and it stinks."
Friend,......."Dude, thatís a rusted pile."
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 07:09 AM

Garage
I read every 'vendor' related post I see. I've only had one issue with cj pony on an order and it was handled quickly and professionally. However, after seeing the owner of NPD personally respond to every issue with his company and even chime in on some of my silly parts questions with way more info than necessary, links to parts and offers to assist in making things right, they have been getting more of my business lately. CJ's is often cheaper but I get a more mom and pop shop type feel from the folks at NPD. I see a greater support for our hobby and passion in general. Sometimes that is worth a few more dollars. If I ever have an issue with NPD, a quick search on here and you will have the owners personal email address...who else does that??
Israel, subpar63, Turnall and 1 others like this.

1966 Mustang Convertible
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 09:07 AM

Garage
I use NPD and Summit most often. Summit now has the Texas warehouse, and I can have parts at my door the next morning. So Rick....can you get a warehouse here in Texas? That would be great.

Rick is a stand up guy, an enthusiast, and a promoter of our hobby. Sure his business makes money from the hobby, but his interests are more about the hobby than making money in my opinion. This is evidenced by his participation on this forum, as well as his willingness to go the extra mile for his customers or potential customers. The suggestion that having a CEO involved in the resolution of an issue shows "poor training/organization" does not apply in this instance. I see it as being indicative of someone wanting to ensure that all customers are satisfied. Excellent business practice by an excellent company in my book. And a practice usually only found in the small, mom/pop local businesses that I prefer. I appreciate that. It's pretty hard to make a large company have that small town feel. Rick has conveyed that "feeling" to me and others here. I think the OP is getting that now....
rpm, Turnall and Josep like this.

65 FB 289/3sp Rangoon Red/Red interior
68 Coupe 200/6 T-5 Diamond Blue/Blue interior
68 Coupe 302/C4 Black interior
69 Coupe 250/6 C4, Blue/Black interior
70 Coupe 390/C6 Auto Gold Metallic/Ginger interior
2010 Gold V6/Auto Sunset Gold/Black interior
65 Falcon Vintage Burgundy/Palomino interior
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 09:36 AM

Just wanted to add that I sent 69bossnine a PM yesterday and had a reply last night. Details of our conversation will be kept private by me, but I wanted to say publicly that I have changed my mind based 100% on Rick's actions.

I also want to confess two misstatements I made, after the screw-up I continued ordering from NPD for almost a year and the correct lid was part of those subsequent orders.
Israel, 69DroptopGT and Turnall like this.

Edbert
1967 Convertible (GTA/GT350 mashup owned since 1988)
http://sylvia1967blog.wordpress.com
2018 Raptor SCAB 802a
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 09:53 AM

I've been visiting the NPD site in Charlotte for more years than I can remember. Always great service from the folks on site and never any problems. I've had to swap parts for various reasons in the past and haven't had anything but great service. Every business has hiccups, and every business has folks that are not as on top of things as others. Sometimes it takes a little extra effort on the buyers part to get to the right person. Glad the OP is in good hands.

67 Shelby Clone
410 stroker, RHS heads, FPA headers, Lentech full manual AOD
Global West upper / lower control arms, rear leafs and del-a-lum bushings
Street or Track strut rods, Viking coilovers
Wilwood front disc brakes
-----------------------------------------------------
2008 Shelby Convertible 625 HP
VMP SC 2.5 pulley and tune. Steeda cold air intake
True Forged Sleeper 20x11 and 20x10 wheels
MGW shifter, Tokico D spec shocks and struts
MTF 1 piece headliner, 2008 Shelby seats

post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 09:14 PM

Location: I bounce between The Texas Hill Country & far North Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupster View Post
I use NPD and Summit most often. Summit now has the Texas warehouse, and I can have parts at my door the next morning. So Rick....can you get a warehouse here in Texas? That would be great.

Rick is a stand up guy, an enthusiast, and a promoter of our hobby. Sure his business makes money from the hobby, but his interests are more about the hobby than making money in my opinion. This is evidenced by his participation on this forum, as well as his willingness to go the extra mile for his customers or potential customers. The suggestion that having a CEO involved in the resolution of an issue shows "poor training/organization" does not apply in this instance. I see it as being indicative of someone wanting to ensure that all customers are satisfied. Excellent business practice by an excellent company in my book. And a practice usually only found in the small, mom/pop local businesses that I prefer. I appreciate that. It's pretty hard to make a large company have that small town feel. Rick has conveyed that "feeling" to me and others here. I think the OP is getting that now....
I would rather save on sales tax...
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: I received a new radiator today, over night air, and it was in perfect shape. Obviously, Rick and Shawn stepped up to the plate without being asked to make this happen. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me or the NPD staff, the Champion (3) row radiator is not a direct fit for a 1967 Mustang with AC. It is to deep and doesn’t fit between the front clip and the fan shroud. So, I drove to Charlotte to return both radiators. I also took my original radiator so we could find something that would work. As always the guys at NPD were very helpful and it was nice to be able to to put names and faces together. They were able to find a radiator that would work so I brought it home. As of 8:00 pm it is mostly installed. I will finish it up in the morning and pressure check it. For a long drawn out process, over one part, that no one could foresee, NPD has been great.

Last edited by Tackelbarry; 09-01-2018 at 10:28 PM.
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 12:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

I've had the opportunity to circle-back via message/email with both gentlemen this AM, and all seems to be good. I truly REGRET the amount of run-around and grief this radiator debacle has been for Tackelbarry, but gratified that he was able to drive down and sort it out, not to mention meet some of our sales team first-hand.

Both fellows have been beyond reasonable and patient, and I appreciate it. I also appreciate all of the positive and supportive remarks on this thread..

Rick
NPD
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT4G View Post
To the OP, I think you did NPD a service. Look, if it takes the owner of a company to get Customer Service to step up and make something right, then there is a lack of training, direction or policy. I think the the OP was tame and representative of someone who is frustrated with a Customer Service issue. He should have had the same results he is getting now without ever having to post. He didn't.

I buy from NPD and Summit and have never had a problem with either but I know that problems occur and its how those problems are addressed that matter. If you have to involve the owner, something is wrong.

For you guys waiting for a progress report and photo's from the OP tomorrow, that's a little presumptive isn't it? Sounds like the issue is solved.
Fair comment, and I'd love to explain...

First off, I'll mention that Shawn (NC Manager) had already spoken with the OP, and the replacement radiator was inspected, processed and pulled for Next Day Air Saturday Delivery, before I got a chance to speak to him.

Now to the core of the issue.. Many years ago, right after Al Gore invented the internet , I began making it a priority to review all emails that came over our website myself. Why?? Because I found them both fascinating and educational, and it gave me the opportunity to view raw/unfiltered feedback PRIOR to it getting tossed into the delegated-hierarchy for remedy and/or reply and/or action. Reading emails every morning was the best exercise, a powerful tool, for being able to tangibly see "how NPD was doing", without the potential of employees sweeping matters under rugs or blowing "sunshine up my skirt".

Now, I did not (and I do not) personally tend to every matter. I don't have enough time for that. I read, and I typically delegate accordingly, sometimes providing the delegate with tips or advice on how to handle, other times knowing that I can rely upon the delegate to handle it properly. Real-time, ongoing, training and oversight... It's been the most EFFECTIVE manner that I can continue to infuse/embed my father's ethics and way of doing things into our entire operation, trickling from me to management to sales to warehouse.

And every so often, I'll read a review or a comment regarding product, and the hobbyist/enthusiast/businessman (all of the above) in me thinks "I've gotta see this for myself", and I find myself out in the warehouse looking at parts, taking them over to cars to compare, measuring and photographing, etc... These activities commonly result in emails to suppliers, manufacturers, fixing and improving things that need fixing and improving.. And if I wasn't doing it, I don't know if my (extremely busy) managers would have that kind of time. I have the luxury of not having a boss tell me what I should be doing with my day LOL So I have the latitude to go where I feel I'm needed.

Same thing for this forum. It is educational for me. I get far more from VMF than the members get from me. I get to see how we're doing, how we are viewed and considered, how our competitors are viewed and considered... And when there's a problem with a product, would we have ever found out about it if we didn't stumble upon the thread on VMF?

The positive threads/mentions are gratifying.. But it's the negative ones, be it on service or product, that are MOST valuable. Those afford us the opportunity to fix things that might be either broken, or at least "lapsed".

OK, enough self-gratuitous blabbering. But bottom-line, I'm handling this stuff not because our organization isn't well-trained. It's the opposite. Because my continued involvement, direct involvement, maintains a level of core-ethics, core-knowledge and core-culture throughout the organization. I often asked myself back in the 90's as we got bigger and bigger, with more and more catalogs, "how in the hell do we continue to get bigger without SACRIFICING service and quality and knowledge? At what point do we trade-off being adept at what we do for volume?? How can a sales team sell 125,000 products from 12 different catalogs, and actually be good at it??

Well... That's always been my primary challenge, and that's kind of why I've allowed myself to stay entrenched on the front lines, rather than hiding in my office conjuring up new goofy sales/promotional ideas, going over spreadsheets, and playing online Sudoku LOL..

My dad's goal has always been to "do right by the hobby, for the hobby". He never wanted to sell-out and retire, because he thought that as long as we could continue doing things the way we do it, it was best that we continue..

And luckily, I have a fantastic group here in Corporate, and out at the branches, that allow me to focus on what I feel needs focusing.

Rick
NPD
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 PM
rpm

Bravo Rick! I'll continue the lovefest with my experience. After emailing NPD on a superfluous website question, I was shocked that El Jefe himself replied. He ended up telling me the extent to which he went to get 2 good straight original bumpers for new tooling for the 69 Mustang. It was an enormous amount of work, and I figured if he was willing to do that, he's in it for more than profits, and NPD would remain my go to parts source.

Bob

There are 2 types of people, those who own pickups and those who borrow them.

69 M code Mach 1, 393w AFR 185, AOD trans, 3.50 traction lok N case, 14" 2015 Brembo 4 piston disc, QA1 4 wheel coil covers, Chromo tube susp arms, Triangulated rear arms, Convertible inner rockers & seat riser, 8 point roll bar.

Build Pics http://s782.photobucket.com/user/rob...?sort=3&page=2

Build Thread
http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php...bitch-is-back/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page