18Likes
  • 8 Post By atitagain
  • 3 Post By kclark
  • 2 Post By jgrote
  • 4 Post By awhtx
  • 1 Post By lowlyslows

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Frame rails

Hey guys got a lot done on the car engines out as well as Transmisison most of the interior aswell as the dash and most other things that will come off now it’s tome to get down to the rust I removed one of the quarter panels now it’s time to do what I’ve been dreading anyone in here ever removed and replaced a front frame rail looking for some feed back in how anyone’s done that thanks guys -John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernnstang View Post
Hey guys got a lot done on the car engines out as well as Transmisison most of the interior aswell as the dash and most other things that will come off now itís tome to get down to the rust I removed one of the quarter panels now itís time to do what Iíve been dreading anyone in here ever removed and replaced a front frame rail looking for some feed back in how anyoneís done that thanks guys -John
i ran out of breath reading that
Israel, Huntingky, rhutt and 5 others like this.

1968 mustang: coupe: factory A/C, P/S, P/B car. Original 289, C4 street/strip trans (2600 stall), 8" rear with 3.40 gears and true trac, front steering and suspension rebuilt to factory specs 3-4 yrs ago. Wimbledon white with two tone blue interior, 68 C-stripe added. Vintage wheel works 16" wheels, 255's in back with 225's up front.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:57 PM

Watch Jo Daddy's Garage, he does a really good job, I think, in explaining things. He also gives some good tips. I've learned a lot watching his restorations.

Video 1 Frame Rails

Video 2 Frame Rails
evrev, 65RedStang and vegasloki like this.

You never know until you ask.

2nd owner 1966 Mustang Coupe V8.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Hey guys. I've got a lot done on the car. The engine's out, as well as the transmission. Most of the interior, as well as the dash and most other things that will come off. Now itís time to get down to the rust. I removed one of the quarter panels. Now itís time to do what Iíve been dreading. Has anyone here ever removed and replaced a front frame rail? I'm looking for some feed back in how anyoneís done that. Thanks guys -John
I hope you don't mind, but I had to edit your post just to try to figure out what you were asking. And I'm sorry, but I'm no help. This seems like it would be really tough without a frame jig. However, I'm no expert.
Israel and Huntingky like this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 09:21 PM

I have to do same thing both of my front frame rails are shot, bumper arms were so rot out you could of kicked the bumper right off.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Hey guys got a lot done on the car engines out as well as Transmisison most of the interior aswell as the dash and most other things that will come off now itís tome to get down to the rust I removed one of the quarter panels now itís time to do what Iíve been dreading anyone in here ever removed and replaced a front frame rail looking for some feed back in how anyoneís done that thanks guys -John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja.mc44 View Post
I have to do same thing both of my front frame rails are shot, bumper arms were so rot out you could of kicked the bumper right off.

Hey guys- punctuation marks (commas and periods) don't cost any extra around here so feel free to use them as appropriate.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
I am glad I am not the only one that had to take a moment to translate.

I am going to be going through the same process as well, and then some. Basically everything below the top of the wheelhouses is shot on my car. This is my first restoration attempt and canít provide a lot of help either.

I agree on Jo Daddyís Garage. I plan to go through all of his Mustang Retoration videos. They may not show you everything you need to know or teach you the skills needed to tackle it, but he does a great job of getting you to think things through and different ways to address issues you will face.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja.mc44 View Post
same here saw a few videos about doing the first 28 inches of it. But I mine are rusted out completely the section under the drivers side firewall/floor is completely rusted out almost missing.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
same here saw a few videos about doing the first 28 inches of it. But I mine are rusted out completely the section under the drivers side firewall/floor is completely rusted out almost missing.

Check out some of the build threads. Here's a link to one of them, https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...s-journey.html

There's also a forum member @lowlyslows who is documenting his build on youtube. He's done frame rail work in his vids, here's the link to his channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0b...r7z6nemIIzUgyg

Frank
66 Coupe
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:45 AM

Hey,

How did the work turn out?

Slows
Huntingky likes this.

~Paul

"It's not that you can't do it, you just haven't been able to yet"

1967 Mustang Coupe to Fastback - In progress
Build Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0b...r7z6nemIIzUgyg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page