1967 Deluxe Door Panels Black - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

1967 Deluxe Door Panels Black

Searched the forum but didn't find much on the '67 deluxe door panels.

I find myself having to consider replacing the door panels in my nut & bolt restored '67 FB with deluxe interior, the originals are just not serviceable any longer sorry to say.

I purchased a set of TMI panels but the quality is just so poor I can't bring myself to use them. Are there any other repro panels out there, that folks have had direct experience with, that are of good to excellent quality i.e. faithful reproductions? NPD looks to have a non TMI (at least not identified as such) set - does anyone know of the quality of those?

I would consider having a used set restored if anyone knows of any, hint-hint, but they'd have to be really good cores. I don't need the trim, cups, hardware and all that just the vinyl covered panels.

Thanks to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 11:36 AM

Garage
It's been more than a dozen years but IIRC I used Dash Direct brand panels and they fit well and looked good. I'm fairly sure they are widely available from many reputable Mustang parts houses.

As far as "restored" panels, I am skeptical that those are readily available but then again, never say never when it comes to vintage Mustangs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_9755.jpg (471.5 KB, 7 views)

url]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/jefftepper/IMG_0027_edited-1.jpg[/url]

*Principal wrench on this 69 Mach I*
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 11:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

Our 1967 deluxe panels are manufactured by Dashes Direct.

Rick
NPD

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTepper View Post
It's been more than a dozen years but IIRC I used Dash Direct brand panels and they fit well and looked good. I'm fairly sure they are widely available from many reputable Mustang parts houses.

As far as "restored" panels, I am skeptical that those are readily available but then again, never say never when it comes to vintage Mustangs!
Thanks Jeff.

I'm looking at the DD panels but haven't seen enough photos yet (thanks for posting yours, it's a good start)... think I'm gonna call them and see.

In terms of restored panels - I have a guy - but the cores need to be in pretty good shape around the stress areas which my originals are not.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bossnine View Post
Our 1967 deluxe panels are manufactured by Dashes Direct.

Rick
NPD
Thanks Rick.

I called your Michigan shop this morning - that's what started me down the DD path. I think the photo on your site may not do the DD panels justice. The thing that concerned me was a visible ridge along the top reveal so trying to hunt down other/higher quality photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page