CJPP Support - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 62Likes

post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra94svt View Post
I get my stuff dropped shipped from their Pennsylvania warehouse. With your location it come from me camaro CA. Pm me anytime or 812-660-1062

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much thanks to you and this community. You all are great!

4 speed
Rally-Pac
Bench Seat
Power Steering
All-around discs
Aftermarket A/C

And not nearly enough time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Supporting Vendor

In case this helps...

There are two 65-66 decklids on the market currently, the one from Golden Legion, and the newer-tooling/thicker one from Musclecar GT (which I'm fairly certain where Dynacorn buys theirs from).

We carry both.

I went back with a measuring tape, and the MGT decklid came in at 52 5/16" wide (measuring in the same place as the OP).

The GL decklid came in at a gnat's hair over 52 3/8".

I measured my 1,300 original mile original-paint coupe in the showroom, and it came in at just-over 52 3/8", you could attribute the difference between it and the GL decklid to paint thickness.

And if the OP has a couple of repaints on his original lid, that could explain the extra few gnat hairs on his tape.

But it does appear that the MGT lid is a touch narrow..

What I was not impressed with is the care with which the outer skin was applied to the inner frame on the MGT lid, or the craftsmanship on the tail-end of the lid. Where the body creases are, it's not terribly crisp, and not terribly straight. The body-crease seems to meander a bit. And lots of grinding work under the primer on the RH side.

For the extra dough, you might get O.E. thickness and heft, but the lighter GL lid has the better side to side dimension, and better/crisper/truer stamping of the outer skin, and better/cleaner installation of the outer skin.

Of course, installing each of them is the REAL litmus test, and I don't have an available coupe to play with. I can't play with that virgin low-mile unit in the showroom obviously..

To the OP, I'd be willing to slide you a killer deal in return for your test-install findings on the GL lid, if you're so inclined. PM me if interested.

Water drains...... And I thought I'd seen it all....

Rick
NPD

Last edited by 69bossnine; 12-27-2018 at 05:29 PM.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 06:50 PM

Sorry to hear about your poor customer support experience, seems to be a number a posts recently on CJPP service. I actually switched to CJPP a few years back, even though Mustangs Unlimited is close to me. A few poor experiences with the counter folks at MU. A few guys there are very good, but it only takes a few instances to get turned off.

So far, CJPP has been good to me, shipping has been fast and backorders filled within days, with the exception of one, which they credited me for pretty quickly once notified the parts would not be replenished in the near term. I am a bit concerned that they recently set a threshold for free shipping (and noticed MU is now free on all orders) and discounts donít seem a often or as much (but I could be incorrect).

Hope this gets corrected for you!
alex1965 likes this.

'68 Mustang Hardtop, 302, C4
AKA "Dr. Wolf"

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 07:01 PM

What you received could have been somebody's return, they simply restock and ship it out to the next guy.

I have been happy with the purchases I have made from CJPP in the past, but posts like this make me think I am going to NPD for sheet metal in the future.
alex1965 likes this.

Alan
1970 Mach 1 Coyote powered restomod in progress. Started 10/2016.
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...mod-build.html
2017 Mustang GT AT donor purchased 9/2017.
FFR MK4 sold 3/1/2018.
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1965 View Post

Clearly no ďdrainage holesĒ in the original.

If you clean the seam sealer in the circled area, you may find a cut for condensation that accumulates on the inside of the lid to flow down and drain. Usually the excessive sealant used during production of the lid covers them. I cleaned the seam sealer and opened the cuts on the corners on my 69 and 70 coupes (with original trunk lids) before paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3217.jpg (171.8 KB, 21 views)
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslanefe View Post
If you clean the seam sealer in the circled area, you may find a cut for condensation that accumulates on the inside of the lid to flow down and drain. Usually the excessive sealant used during production of the lid covers them. I cleaned the seam sealer and opened the cuts on the corners on my 69 and 70 coupes (with original trunk lids) before paint.

Okay, so there are drainage holes. Not sure if itís the same for 65, but that is good to know anyway. Thanks for pitching in!. However, the tears in the metal on my trunk lid repop are clearly not well done, nor do I think they are intentional. If they ARE supposed to be there, they were done terribly and not in the same spot as the originals...

4 speed
Rally-Pac
Bench Seat
Power Steering
All-around discs
Aftermarket A/C

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1965 View Post
Okay, so there are drainage holes. Not sure if itís the same for 65, but that is good to know anyway. Thanks for pitching in!. However, the tears in the metal on my trunk lid repop are clearly not well done, nor do I think they are intentional. If they ARE supposed to be there, they were done terribly and not in the same spot as the originals...
Mine are small shear cuts under the expended areas, they are a lot cleaner than your repop trunk.
alex1965 likes this.
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 09:44 PM

I took some pictures of the deck lid of my 65. It is the original and even has the jack instruction label still in there. I don't see any drain holes but there a lot of other slots and holes. Maybe some are drain holes. At least I didn't see any drain holes. My Deck Lid measures 52 9/16.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181227_183304.jpg (280.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20181227_183310.jpg (299.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20181227_183335.jpg (281.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20181227_183406.jpg (376.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20181227_183707.jpg (290.3 KB, 11 views)
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 09:51 PM

Sorry to hear about the support service, or lack of with CJPP, hope they get it straightened out for you. Glad you posted it though, I was about to pull the trigger on their 66 tail light panel and some other parts, will wait a bit now.

Ordered an original tooled panel from MU, but they don't have any in stock and don't know when they'll get them in, so I'm thinking that dynacorn is the next best part for fitment.

Keep us posted on the outcome.
alex1965 likes this.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 11:31 PM
Banned

Have yet to actually have a decent experience with CJ's. Have ordered multiple items over the years, most are on back order even though they don't say this on their website. Then it takes 5-7 business days to get the order. NPD or Summit is where I do a majority of my parts purchases, if I can't purchase the item locally.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65stang3 View Post
I took some pictures of the deck lid of my 65. It is the original and even has the jack instruction label still in there. I don't see any drain holes but there a lot of other slots and holes. Maybe some are drain holes. At least I didn't see any drain holes. My Deck Lid measures 52 9/16.

Thanks for the pics of the original, this reinforces what we suspect! Thank you

4 speed
Rally-Pac
Bench Seat
Power Steering
All-around discs
Aftermarket A/C

post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman49 View Post
Sorry to hear about the support service, or lack of with CJPP, hope they get it straightened out for you. Glad you posted it though, I was about to pull the trigger on their 66 tail light panel and some other parts, will wait a bit now.

Ordered an original tooled panel from MU, but they don't have any in stock and don't know when they'll get them in, so I'm thinking that dynacorn is the next best part for fitment.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

The taillight panel I got from them was probably the best sheet metal part Iíve gotten from CJs, but itís a simple piece to make and each part could be different. If you can order from a different supplier, might as well in case you get a defective unit and donít want to engage in the brain damage that is CJ support

4 speed
Rally-Pac
Bench Seat
Power Steering
All-around discs
Aftermarket A/C

post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBlue View Post
Have yet to actually have a decent experience with CJ's. Have ordered multiple items over the years, most are on back order even though they don't say this on their website. Then it takes 5-7 business days to get the order. NPD or Summit is where I do a majority of my parts purchases, if I can't purchase the item locally.

Theyíre parts are usually in stock for me, but Iíve noticed they take forever to ship out. Unfortunately, their support team has a poor reputation and I can see why after trying to sort this out

4 speed
Rally-Pac
Bench Seat
Power Steering
All-around discs
Aftermarket A/C

post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 03:15 AM

I have been there in person when visiting my dads place in PA

They have a fair collection of damaged stuff for sale on the showroom floor so they definitely take it back.

That damage on your lid is crazy, Never seen anything like that
alex1965 likes this.

1965-1968 Mustangs imported, prepared and sold in the U.K. and throughout a Europe
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:32 AM

I bought 2 doors from them, both looked like someone had tossed them from a moving train. After some back and forth and elevated blood pressure on my part they eventually replaced them, but it wasn't a delightful experience.
alex1965 likes this.

65 coupe 5.0L/5 speed
2001 Lightning #1757
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page