Dodgestang Wheel and Tire fitment guide - Vintage Mustang Forums
 22Likes

post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Incorporated Sell Out
Supporting Member

Dodgestang Wheel and Tire fitment guide

So here's the deal, I burned out with the tire and wheel guide and by extension helping people with it after 16 or so years because of reasons .

I'm thinking it is about time to bring it back since I've actually never stopped helping people, but I've been a lot less visible since I was doing it on facebook PMs

I had a small epiphany in the shower this morning on how to do it so I will be bringing it back in a different form/function than the PDF based document. I am thinking of jumping it into youtube as a help video.

If you think this is a great idea....then as a shameless plug please pop over to my channel
https://www.youtube.com/dodgestang (Main channel)

And click on one of the playlists (like Mini-Feed Compilations), watch one and subscribe.

I will be working on the first video which will feature revamped wheel charts that can be viewed on the channel and other useful content during January 2019

If you think this is a great idea....you can also help by sounding off with your own combo in this thread....wheel size (front back), wheel backspacing, tire size (front back), tire brand, suspension used (front/back - spring rates, leaf count, shocks, etc), anything else important you need to mention (rolled lips front/back, alignment specs, rear end width, etc), year of the car (rather important)

Buying wheels and tires is one of the most asked questions in the vintage mustang community and the more details we can share with others people looking for good wheels/tire combos, the better.

If you think this is a bad idea.....feel free to sound off. My external membrane has been rejuvenated after my time off.

Nick
1965 Fastback 410c AOD - DT
1966 Fastback 289 Toploader - Clone
1967 Fastback 347 T5- Cruiser
1968 Fastback 408w T5 - Brute
1991 GT Hatch - Fauxbra
1996 Dodge Viper Supercharged GTS

Need to roll your fenders?
Want to measure for wheels?

Last edited by dodgestang; 12-31-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:38 AM

I'd go for that.

1966 Mustang GT, 16x8 4.5 backspace front & rear, Kumho Victoracer V700 225/50/16, stock contour and opening fiberglass front fenders, Global West upper and lower arms, approximately 1" lower than stock.
1968 Mustang, 16x8 4.5 bs front/rear, Kumho Ecsta 225/50/16, stock factory fenders, Global West tubular upper & lower arms, approximately 1" lower than stock ride height.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

As the drill sergeant said, "I taught you everything you know. I didn't teach you everything I know."

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
- Douglas Adams

Last edited by GT289; 12-31-2018 at 11:50 AM.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:50 AM

Hey Nick good to see you around, hope all is going well with you and the family. Sounds like a good idea to me.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:33 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Welcome back Sir.
Huskinhano and Nailbender like this.

Regards,
Patrick
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Dimples

Garage
Awesome! Great ideas and itís good to see you back.

The anvil of reality.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:51 PM
Full gallop this way --->
Supporting Member

Garage
Outstanding! Your reference chart information was a huge help in my build and you've been missed here.

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:39 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
These days YouTube seems to be considered the repository of all human knowledge these days. At least by the younger crowd. I've already had a discussion with a youngster who looked everything up on YouTube. I wasn't terribly surprised he didn't know what an encyclopedia was but he didn't even seem to be aware of Wikipedia! If you can't beat em'...
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:48 PM

Good to see you Nick. I had to do a double take, I thought a old post surfaced on New Yearís Eve. Kinda like W2K
69GT350H likes this.

Tom

One thing great about getting older. A life in prison sentence is less of a deterrence

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 03:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgestang View Post
So here's the deal, I burned out with the tire and wheel guide and by extension helping people with it after 16 or so years because of reasons .

I'm thinking it is about time to bring it back since I've actually never stopped helping people, but I've been a lot less visible since I was doing it on facebook PMs

I had a small epiphany in the shower this morning on how to do it so I will be bringing it back in a different form/function than the PDF based document. I am thinking of jumping it into youtube as a help video.

If you think this is a great idea....then as a shameless plug please pop over to my channel
https://www.youtube.com/dodgestang (Main channel)

And click on one of the playlists (like Mini-Feed Compilations), watch one and subscribe.

I will be working on the first video which will feature revamped wheel charts that can be viewed on the channel and other useful content during January 2019

If you think this is a great idea....you can also help by sounding off with your own combo in this thread....wheel size (front back), wheel backspacing, tire size (front back), tire brand, suspension used (front/back - spring rates, leaf count, shocks, etc), anything else important you need to mention (rolled lips front/back, alignment specs, rear end width, etc), year of the car (rather important)

Buying wheels and tires is one of the most asked questions in the vintage mustang community and the more details we can share with others people looking for good wheels/tire combos, the better.

If you think this is a bad idea.....feel free to sound off. My external membrane has been rejuvenated after my time off.
You might get a few comments from this thread: https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/w...g-picture.html

VMF Build Thread - 1969 Shelby GT350 Hertz rebuild Gallery
Used by Hertz for the 1969 "Rent-A-Racer" program at Miami Internation Airport.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:36 PM

Good stuff. Donít know ya, but glad youíre back! Iíve used your charts and posts several times over the past few years. Yet to settle on a set of wheels, so Iíll likely be asking more questions. Happy New Year!

'68 Mustang Hardtop, 302, C4
AKA "Dr. Wolf"

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:03 PM

Hey Nick- welcome back! Watched some videos and subscribed.. Happy New Year!

67 Shelby Clone
410 stroker, RHS heads, FPA headers, Lentech full manual AOD
Global West upper / lower control arms, rear leafs and del-a-lum bushings
Street or Track strut rods, Viking coilovers
Wilwood front disc brakes
-----------------------------------------------------
2008 Shelby Convertible 625 HP
VMP SC 2.5 pulley and tune. Steeda cold air intake
True Forged Sleeper 20x11 and 20x10 wheels
MGW shifter, Tokico D spec shocks and struts
MTF 1 piece headliner, 2008 Shelby seats

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:09 PM

Watched some videos and subscribed!
Cool stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:27 PM

Garage
Aw man now what am I going do to be productive I've tried to help with as many wheel/tire threads as I could whilst you weren't here. Good to see you back
BlakeTX and 68Ghost like this.

Brad
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 09:00 PM

That sounds awesome! A good indicator of what will work and what won't will help a ton of people.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 03:17 AM

Garage
Welcome back Nick, that sounds like a good idea to me.

2000 Ranger 4X4 (my DD)
1999 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
2008 Escape (spare)
1969 Mustang Coupe (project)
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom (wife's toy)
Build thread; http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html
AKA; mike65, member here since 12/00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page