VMFers willing to do a brother a solid, I'm looking for somebody to take a look at a - Vintage Mustang Forums
 30Likes

post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

VMFers willing to do a brother a solid, I'm looking for somebody to take a look at a

Hi guys I'm looking at a beautiful 69 Convertible in Rockwall, Texas, any of you guys willing to do a favor for a fellow mustang enthusiast? I need somebody to take a look at the car for me, I am unable to make the trip out there due to work. I'll PM you the address if your interested!
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 07:19 PM

How about a state, or better yet, a city its close by so you can get a volunteer or 2 interested.........
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geicoman58 View Post
How about a state, or better yet, a city its close by so you can get a volunteer or 2 interested.........
Rockwell, Texas in his opening line. Unless, I misunderstood.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 07:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackelbarry View Post

Rockwell, Texas in his opening line. Unless, I misunderstood.
RockWall

David
VMF Build Thread - 1969 Shelby GT350 Hertz rebuild Gallery
Used by Hertz for the 1969 "Rent-A-Racer" program at Miami Internation Airport.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 PM
Supporting Member

Rockwall is just to the East of the center point between Dallas and Plano
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 03:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Ward Jr. View Post
Hi guys I'm looking at a beautiful 69 Convertible in Rockwall, Texas, any of you guys willing to do a favor for a fellow mustang enthusiast? I need somebody to take a look at the car for me, I am unable to make the trip out there due to work. I'll PM you the address if your interested!
Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by geicoman58 View Post
How about a state, or better yet, a city its close by so you can get a volunteer or 2 interested........
Quote:
Originally Posted by FE1967GT View Post
Rockwall is just to the East of the center point between Dallas and Plano
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GT350H View Post
RockWall
OK so this whole thread is HILARIOUS
I tried to quote all of it!

Great Username BTW, Tacklebarry!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7TgnKwpA_400x400.jpg (7.4 KB, 271 views)

It's just a little rust...

1966 secretary special originally 6cyl 3 spd coupe.(Goes to work twice a week)
5.0 SEFI complete from 1988 Mustang GT, world class T-5, 9 inch with 3.50 Trac Lok and Shelby style traction bars. Old Air A/C system.
Build thread:https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...5-0-resto.html

1969 Mach 1: 1000 miles (almost) to get it....in progress(slow)
https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...long-term.html

Last edited by 665spd; 01-26-2019 at 03:12 AM.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:07 AM

omg...it was a long week..........and I had this wall thing on my mind....sorry...
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Seriously anybody willing to help a fella out? I could pay for gas.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:13 PM

I think you would have a better chance of finding help if you changed the title of your post to: I need someone to look at a '69 Mustang in Rockwall, TX.

I have a friend in the area but he knows absolutely nothing about Mustangs and what to look for.
GypsyR likes this.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:35 PM
Banned

I'd pay a reputable surveyor or inspector to go out and look at the car, drive it and so on, that way you know someone who is knowledgable about cars has looked it over at the very least and they can then give you their opinion on the matter afterward. I personally would be hard pressed to go and look at something for free, even if you were to pay me for my gas, as it would still be taking time out of my day as I believe my time is quite valuable, and isn't worthless. I think this is especially true if someone doesn't live anywhere near the area where the vehicle is located and would take several hours or more to do a round trip. Also, and I could be wrong about this, but most people on here are likely not experts and might not want to give their advice/opinion or stake their reputation on whether or not YOU should buy a car. I'm sure most on here have pretty good insight but that being said, they would feel horrible if they recommended a car for you to buy to have you then purchase it and come to find out it's stolen, has been wrecked, damaged, is unsafe to drive, wasn't worth the purchase price and so on. Or at least I would feel horrible and responsible to that person if that were the case with me inspecting a vehicle for another member. I can't imagine a surveyor would be more than a couple hundred dollars... if you're serious about putting an offer down on the car, that is something you might want to look into.
BigKoppa and rasme340 like this.

Last edited by MUSTANG65FBK3; 01-26-2019 at 07:41 PM.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBlue View Post
Unfortunately I don't think maybe people are going to go look at the car for free, even if you pay them for their gas
Happens here from time to time when people ask. It's not unheard of. Once someone has been around for a while and doesn't completely alienate themselves many here are more than happy to do just that. I would. People even go fetch parts for others. There are plenty of stories out there about people hiring an inspector and getting a raw deal. He'll have a better chance of getting someone with more Mustang specific knowledge here than phoning some random vehicle inspector. If there is a pro vintage Mustang guy in the area that's one thing but those are far and few between but a local club may have someone.

Were it me and I was that close I'd fuel up the rig and go see it. Take some cash, a buddy and maybe Mr Glock in case the deal goes sideways. Maybe take a trailer and park it around the block or reserve a one way from U-Haul just in case. Put some magnets in the usual places, see if he'll let you cowl test if not feel up inside (of the air vent, not the seller...) drive it, listen to it. If he likes it buy it.
GypsyR, mikec35, rpm and 1 others like this.

67 Hardtop, brought it back to a driver
http://desertratretro.com
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasloki View Post
Happens here from time to time when people ask. It's not unheard of. Once someone has been around for a while and doesn't completely alienate themselves many here are more than happy to do just that. I would. People even go fetch parts for others. There are plenty of stories out there about people hiring an inspector and getting a raw deal. He'll have a better chance of getting someone with more Mustang specific knowledge here than phoning some random vehicle inspector. If there is a pro vintage Mustang guy in the area that's one thing but those are far and few between but a local club may have someone.

Were it me and I was that close I'd fuel up the rig and go see it. Take some cash, a buddy and maybe Mr Glock in case the deal goes sideways. Maybe take a trailer and park it around the block or reserve a one way from U-Haul just in case. Put some magnets in the usual places, see if he'll let you cowl test if not feel up inside (of the air vent, not the seller...) drive it, listen to it. If he likes it buy it.
Agreed! If it was in my area I would be happy to try to help. If he finds someone I hope they are able to get it on a lift and send him pictures.
vegasloki likes this.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 665spd View Post
OK so this whole thread is HILARIOUS
I tried to quote all of it!

Great Username BTW, Tacklebarry!
The nickname was given to me because I was the only person to consistently score 100% in our department. Unfortunately, I was injured in the line of duty and missed retirement by 2 years so I donít get any. Is there anything you can do for the OP?
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
There are plenty of stories out there about people hiring an inspector and getting a raw deal. He'll have a better chance of getting someone with more Mustang specific knowledge here than phoning some random vehicle inspector.
He's asked and it doesn't seem as if anyone is able to help him out, so.... it sounds like he needs a plan B.

Quote:
He already said that he wasn't available to go look at it in person due to work, so.... another reason for needing a plan B.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 09:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Ward Jr. View Post
Thanks in advance!

If you are able to wait until February 16th, i could do it for you. Thatís when i fly back to Texas for a few days.
mikec35 and vegasloki like this.

Roadkill and Harbor Freight enthusiast
Rust-bucket 1969 Mustang Mach 1. Build thread link!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page