CJ Pony Parts not answering phones. Whats going on? - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 27Likes

post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Mach351 View Post
I've tried to call CJ for two days now and sometimes the number will work and sometimes it doesn't. When it does work no one answers and the option to press 1 and have them call you back doesn't work either, so I just sit there for 30 plus minutes and just hang up. Frustrating. Normally they answer within a minute or two or call back within the hour. Anybody know whats happening with CJ?

Rob
Good Morning Rob - I'm sorry to hear this. As another user said, we were a bit backed up and short-staffed yesterday due to the winter storm that just went through our area. We should be back up and running at full steam today. With that said, if there's any chance you could send me a private message with your order number along with a brief explanation and I'll be happy to look into your issue. I apologize about the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
Been calling for over one week with outrageous wait times. I can’t even make a return on a damaged part. No response via email and the instant chat is “away”. Not a happy camper on this end.
Hi - If you could please send me a PM with your order number and I'll be happy to get an RMA authorized for you to get a refund ASAP. I appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.

-Chris

Chris Cervenka | Marketing
CJPonyParts.com
CJ Facebook Account
Office: 1-800-888-6473

Facebook Fan Page | Twitter | Google + | YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhtx View Post
Isn't Pennsylvania experiencing blizzard-like conditions right now? Maybe nobody showed up for work at CJPP.

They did.
I live in Northern MD, and we got at least 6 inches.
I'm sure they got more snow than I did, and people had trouble trying to get to work.
There's also the chance they got more sleet and ice that I did.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:23 PM

I've ordered a lot of sheet metal from them over the last couple months, no issues. I called today and got through in less then 3 minutes.

They do have a back order on my front frame rails, so I've gotta wait for them, no problem at this time, busy on other areas.

All in all I'm satisfied with them.

post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The tracking info is automatically generated before the box is even packed. One of the big issues I used to have with CJ (don't EVER use them anymore) was I'd order something small for their free 2 day delivery and would receive my tracking number immediately but then the item wouldn't leave their warehouse for 1-2 days. So when I'd call to complain that their 2 day shipping took a week or more to arrive, they served me the BS line about how their handling time varied.
Unless the UPS website is also lying the packages are half way here... so I guess CJP really did ship. Thank You Lord!

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 12:03 AM
Dre

PM me Chris with your direct line. Thanks
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:36 PM

Garage
I stopped sending emails after the last 2 went unanswered. Now I just log in to the online chat support which usually doesn't take long to get someone. I think I'm about done with them as well though. I ordered some wheels and tires on Jan 5th, said they would arrive in a week but said 2 tires were at another warehouse and to expect a delay of about 5 days. Two weeks later, order still not processed. I log in to find 2 of my wheels are on back order and expected to arrive to them on Feb. 19th. On Feb 23, order still not processed, wheels now expected to arrive on the 27th. If I don't see a change in the status by the 28th I am cancelling the order.
InOverMyHead likes this.

1967 Mustang, mild 351W, 750 Demon, MSD, Pertronix, long tubes, Dan williams built top loader with Hurst shifter, #550 coils, 5 leaf mid-eye springs, 3:55's, CSRP disc brakes.
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycostang67 View Post
I stopped sending emails after the last 2 went unanswered. Now I just log in to the online chat support which usually doesn't take long to get someone. I think I'm about done with them as well though. I ordered some wheels and tires on Jan 5th, said they would arrive in a week but said 2 tires were at another warehouse and to expect a delay of about 5 days. Two weeks later, order still not processed. I log in to find 2 of my wheels are on back order and expected to arrive to them on Feb. 19th. On Feb 23, order still not processed, wheels now expected to arrive on the 27th. If I don't see a change in the status by the 28th I am cancelling the order.
Hi - I'm so sorry to read this -- I would be upset if I were in your situation too. If you could shoot me a PM with your order number, I'll personally look into this and get you some solid info. I apologize again and appreciate your time and patience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Cervenka | Marketing
CJPonyParts.com
CJ Facebook Account
Office: 1-800-888-6473

Facebook Fan Page | Twitter | Google + | YouTube
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:18 PM

I had the same situation last week. Press 1 to get a call back did not work, hold times that would make the government envious.
'
I just click on the audio and let the phone idle while I work, but I gave up and gave my business elsewhere.

A simple message from ANYBODY "We are snowed in, and will be unable to answer phones today, Please send an email" would have solved the problem without anger.

[email protected] ed ay +3112

Richardson TX

1968 GT500 Arrest Me Red (The Big Boy Toy)
1966 K Code Vert (The K 'Vert)
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:35 AM

They had weather issues. Give them a break. Just got most of an order today. Part of what was supposed to be backordered came today. A few things still on back order. They have two locations. Back orders depend on which locaton stocks what. They don't stock everything in both locations. I'm willing to wait to get free shipping. It's not parts I need to get my dayly driver to work tomorrow. Have had no problem calling them for info in the past.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:07 AM

[email protected] its nice to see a CJPP presence but you've got some damage control to do. Your company has a less than favorable reputation these days. It wasn't always the case so I'm not sure what happened but I'd guess it starts with management.
2nd 66 likes this.

65 coupe 5.0L/5 speed
2001 Lightning #1757
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mildensteve View Post
Unless the UPS website is also lying the packages are half way here... so I guess CJP really did ship. Thank You Lord!
Received 3 separate packages yesterday. Two items which are listed as "In Stock" are still on back order. My definition of "In Stock" must be different than CJP's, bordering on misleading advertising when we make a purchase based on that statement. I did call and spoke to a real live person within 5 minutes (!) who said they would check on my order and get back with me today. Based on other threads I don't think the snow days are the only issue. After 19 separate orders from CJP it seems something has gone amiss and I may have to think twice about number 20.

Not to pile on but they have a hill to climb to fix their reputation here. This site has a LOT of followers.
2nd 66 likes this.

post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:47 AM

I quit CJP and went to NPD. The sole reason, backorders and SLOW, like Pony Express SLOW shipping. They say it's "free", but they deliver it to the post office, and then have the post office deliver the end. I'd rather pay shipping and have it than wait 2 weeks to get something.
2nd 66 likes this.

1966 Coupe
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:05 AM

When you compare how many times Rick from NPD actively participates on the VFM vs CJP with 8 posts which appear to be damage control speaks volumes!
Caper50, subpar63, 2nd 66 and 2 others like this.

Tom

One thing great about getting older. A life in prison sentence is less of a deterrence

post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:23 AM

I'm going to guess that 80% of my car was restored with parts from CJ's. I began ordering parts about 12 years ago, which I think may have been just after they began offering free shipping. At the time, the prices were very competitive, and the free shipping using FedX for my location at least, was great. As the years went by, the prices began to climb to absorb the shipping costs. That was okay with me, because I could still order a $9.00 part for $11.00 shipped, which beat a $10.00 minimum shipping cost. When you just need a $9.00 part to finish a project, and your on a budget, it's hard to justify a $50.00-$300.00 order just for free shipping.

Roughly the last 2 or 3 years of my restoration, the costs kept going up, and the USPS started delivering the package, which took 2 to 3 days longer than when FedX was delivering. I'm a comparision price shopper, and it was becoming clear that even with shipping costs, CJ was much more expensive, even with the "up to 30% off" sale. They unfortunately began to lose my business even on some higher priced items such as upholstery.

Cj's was good to me.I needed to use CJ's customer service maybe 5 times. All but once they were helpful and prompt. The one time they weren't was concerning a technical question and the rep was just reading the website description over and over again. All my orders were done on-line, and I understood the backorder system which didn't bother me since I was doing a long-term restoration.

I'm considering doing another restoration, and I'm sorry to say, that CJ's probably won't be my first choice for parts. I'll still compare them to others, but they are no longer have the best fair price or the best shipping methods.

Bottom line, in my opnion: The prices started out competitive with great sales. Over the years the prices creeped up, surpassing the competition in quite a few cases, and the 30% off sale began to include fewer and fewer items. Just last week I noticed some parts I was interested were maybe 5% off during their "up to 30%" sale. I know it's "up to", but I couldn't find anything that was 30% off. I openly admit I didn't try all that hard either, just a quick sampling. CJ started the free shipping trend as far as I can tell, and now their are quite a few other vendors doing it as well, or with a $50.00 minimum for free shipping, which is much easier to take than $300.00 minimum shipping. There's a lot of competition out there from vendors offering the same parts. Do your homework and you'll get a fair deal.
68Hildago and TheMaineEvent like this.
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:38 AM

I just check Summit Racing. I was able to get all of my heater parts from them and more. They also match prices. They always answer the phone and shipping is quick, and if your order is over $99 it is free. Many times they even matched Rock Auto prices and you can return parts after 30 days unlike Rock Auto.
Huskinhano likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page