66 Mustang, well yeah it did follow me home - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 28Likes

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:18 PM

WOW, that thing looks like it was shrink wrapped for 50 years. Congrats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Ok I got it on the lift now, got some leaks, typical 50 year old car. Looking it over today I'm certain it has been painted, but they did a great job masking it up, not a speck of over spray anywhere. They only listed White and black for the vinyl tops so I'm pretty sure it would have been White. Driver seat showing some cracking on the side from sliding in and out. The car is very clean and had been taken care of. I did go over to Virginia Classic Mustang this morning and pick up the pony and coral for the grill, that was the only thing he couldn’t find. It does have new bumpers, and I got the originals and they’re not bad inside and out. I also got some Cragars and the original rims and caps.

Randy
71 convertible 302, C4 auto
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:02 PM

Love it! Congratulations. I, too, would be afraid to work on it!

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Dimples

Garage
Wow, such a nice survivor. Add me to the list of people who wouldn't know what to do with that kind of time capsule. I'm sure I would have an existential crisis trying to resist a T5 swap or something and ultimately sell it to a better caretaker than myself.

Must...resist...urge to....mod....
68Hildago and CJM68GT390 like this.

The anvil of reality.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:50 PM

My first impression upon seeing it was "high quality repaint".

The paint was never that deep new from the factory.

Otherwise, looks immaculate.

Great job finding it on your part.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Garage
Awesome car, congrats on a true gem of a find. And that spare with the little t*ts and paint still on the tread.
Wow. Just WOW!

[/SIGPIC]67 Fastback GT -- original colour (Frost Turquoise), original 289 A code engine. Pic is of me and the Mustang taken in May of '67, with original F70-14 Wide Ovals. Same car is now restored to "as new" but 3 speed tranny swapped out for 4 speed back in the mid '80's, with tach dash, original Equalock rear, Koni's, Opentracker UCA, LCA, roller perches and idler arm, roller bearing pedal cluster, Cibie headlights, 4100 carb (old 4300 put in storage probably forever)
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 08:13 PM

WOW beautiful
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 01:06 AM

Wow, that's beautiful!

It's also crazy that that car has had less miles on it in over half a century than my '66 fastback has had on it in the past 4 years

Calamity Jane 1966 Modified Fastback - Driven semi-daily!
Wrecked and rebuilt even better
289 v8, 4-speed, 3.25 9" rear, goodies and stuff.

See my travel blog here for my adventures: http://mapandamustang.blogspot.com/
Over 50,000 miles of North American roads driven on road trips since 2014. More always in the works - stay tuned!

When I show up at a car show and my car is covered in mud, it's probably because I drove 2000 miles to get there
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:55 AM

Beautiful ride, great find for sure. Love the price list to, the AM radio cost more then the carb and intake.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:34 AM

Great car and its the same color that my Mustang will be. I'm heading to PA 2 weeks from today to pickup a 1 owner for myself as well. Original interior and everything. I was told be seller that the only non original parts are tires (of course), exhaust and gas tank.

Must be some good Mustang owners in PA.

You never know until you ask.

2nd owner 1966 Mustang Coupe V8.

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 11:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
We had a Mint '66 GT locally in the same identical interior and exterior colors that was owned by a guy in the Orlando/Apopka area that used to go on the Pony Drives (which I was not involved in)... Pony Doc here on the VMF knew him well. Don't remember what his name was, But he worked at Northrop Grumman just like I did (Note NGC Parking Decal on Windshield), but he was in Apopka, and I was at the Melbourne location... but he retired...and I got laid off after 15 years... At any rate, Here is his '66 GT. I only met him once, and ironically, It was while I was doing some work temporarily in Apopka, and I spoke with him about his '66 GT. He sold it on Craigslist for a measly 17K.... Whomever bought the car, stole it...at that price...

Here are some pics of the car I took a couple years back.... Note interior and exterior colors...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010071i.jpg (607.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1010072i.jpg (390.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1010073i.jpg (383.8 KB, 13 views)

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geicoman58 View Post
That is amazing. Yes, you can keep it if you take care of it! What do you plan to do with it, MCA shows? Hope to see you in Fredericksburg this year with it!
We plan on just driving it and enjoying it. I don't do shows, but I do go just to look. The underside really looks like a 50 year old car. After I get the 71 finished I'll start dialing this one in.

Randy
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarnielsen View Post
You nailed it. That a beautiful looking 66 hardtop. Fastbacks eat your hearts out Bet the hunt for such a fine car was as much fun as all the thumbs bring her home on the trailer. Congrats BZ
As any Mustang fan knows the hunt can be fun, but it gets frustrating when you spend a whole day to and from a location just to be disappointed. Most cars aren’t as advertised. We were looking for a couple months to find one we were willing to purchase. We were looking basically 65-70 so nothing specific except for being a Mustang.

Randy
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:53 PM

Stunning!

Tom

One thing great about getting older. A life in prison sentence is less of a deterrence

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:53 AM

These greens have my head wobbling and ive never seen the true '66 green in person to be sure of what I'll eventually choose, some I say yea some OE paints I say nay.
How would you compare your green to these pics? I know its 90% light and shadows but would you say "ya, that's just like mine in a different light?
Neither really look to have metallic as the proper name suggests, is it there and I just don't see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFaurora View Post
We had a Mint '66 GT locally in the same identical interior and exterior colors that was owned by a guy in the Orlando/Apopka area that used to go on the Pony Drives (which I was not involved in)... Pony Doc here on the VMF knew him well. Don't remember what his name was, But he worked at Northrop Grumman just like I did (Note NGC Parking Decal on Windshield), but he was in Apopka, and I was at the Melbourne location... but he retired...and I got laid off after 15 years... At any rate, Here is his '66 GT. I only met him once, and ironically, It was while I was doing some work temporarily in Apopka, and I spoke with him about his '66 GT. He sold it on Craigslist for a measly 17K.... Whomever bought the car, stole it...at that price...

Here are some pics of the car I took a couple years back.... Note interior and exterior colors...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlagray View Post
As any Mustang fan knows the hunt can be fun, but it gets frustrating when you spend a whole day to and from a location just to be disappointed. Most cars aren’t as advertised. We were looking for a couple months to find one we were willing to purchase. We were looking basically 65-70 so nothing specific except for being a Mustang.

Verbose Vocabularian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page