Vintage Mustang Forums banner

SBF Performer RPM - PCV

7K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Ojenkins 
#1 ·
Has anybody run their PCV to the rear port on an small block Edelbrock RPM intake manifold? If so, is the factory formed PCV hose long enough to reach?

Thanks, dm289

#3 ·
I'm sure it's been done, but a much better way is to use the PCV spacer that fits under the carb, or if your carb had a PCV port, use it. Doing it the correct way distributes the gasses more evenly to each cylinder than to just one cylinder.

#17 ·
PHP:
Just wanted to second this response; if you run the PCV to a port in the manifold all the PCV gases (unburned fuel, oil vapors, etc.) go to one cylinder, plus to the extent you're pulling in air through the breather that cylinder will run lean relative to the others. It won't hurt the engine any time soon but if you have the option of running it to the carb (which you do) then that would be ideal.

#8 ·
I will further clairify, I have a Edelbrock carb and while it is equipped with a PCV port in the front, I would prefer to keep the appearance neat and not have a hose run towards the front. That is why I am asking. Looking down the intake manifold, where the hole is installed is in the common area where runners run to both sides of the engine.

#12 ·
The Edelbrock carb has an Allen screw at the rear which is an alternate PCV port. Edelbrock recommends using the PCV port at the front, but the PCV port at the rear will work fine.

No need for spacers or anything else. No need to even unbolt the carburetor from the intake manifold. Just plug the PCV port at the front, remove the Allen screw at the rear, thread in a vacuum port and connect the PCV hose. That's all. :wink:

#16 ·
Which Edelbrock carb are you running? Do you have power brakes installed that require a vacuum port? Most Edelbrocks have two large manifold vacuum ports suitable for PCV use, one in the front and one in the rear. You can cap the front PCV designated port and use the rear port. If you require a brake booster vacuum source, you can plumb it directly to the intake manifold. To get the answer you're looking for, you have to provide a picture or model number of the carb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.