Has anyone here purchased Dynacorn's full floor pan for a 65-73 convertible? - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Huntingky

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone here purchased Dynacorn's full floor pan for a 65-73 convertible?

I'm curious if anyone here has purchased Dynacorn's 3648B full floor pan for 65-68 convertibles (I was under the impression the floor pan fit all convertible mustangs from 65-73, varies from vendor to vendor I guess). If so, can you tell me if it was one solid piece, or did you have to weld the reinforcement support pans in, along with the rear torque box covers?

Just that pictures of this floor are deceiving on the website, doesn't show the bottom side.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Caveman49; 03-04-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman49 View Post
I'm curious if anyone here has purchased Dynacorn's 3648B full floor pan for 65-68 convertibles (I was under the impression the floor pan fit all convertible mustangs from 65-73, varies from vendor to vendor I guess). If so, can you tell me if it was one solid piece, or did you have to weld the reinforcement support pans in, along with the rear torque box covers?

Just that pictures of this floor are deceiving on the website, doesn't show the bottom side.

Thanks for any input.
I bought one recently. The floor reinforcements and torque box caps ship with it along with some hardware and body plugs, but they are not attached. You wouldn't be able to install it without disassembly if they were pre-attached.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I guess it means for more welding, making sure everything is lined up properly. Seems to me it would be much easier to weld up the floor if the reinforcement pans came attached. Guess I'll find out, got one ordered.

Thanks for the response.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOverMyHead View Post
I bought one recently. The floor reinforcements and torque box caps ship with it along with some hardware and body plugs, but they are not attached. You wouldn't be able to install it without disassembly if they were pre-attached.
You're right, I was hoping it was complete, but it's exactly how you described. To me it looks like the other version of a full floor they (CJs) sell for convertibles.

Last edited by Caveman49; 03-05-2019 at 07:31 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 12:07 PM

Garage
I installed a one piece Dynacorn in my 68 vert. Fit was very nice and it seemed like a quality item.

1968 GT VERT ROYAL MAROON J CODE
OWNED FOR 45 years
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman49 View Post
I guess it means for more welding, making sure everything is lined up properly. Seems to me it would be much easier to weld up the floor if the reinforcement pans came attached. Guess I'll find out, got one ordered.

Thanks for the response.

Shoulda seen it coming...lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caveman.jpg (40.9 KB, 30 views)
Caveman49 likes this.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page