Favorite VMF member car that isn't yours? - Vintage Mustang Forums
 60Likes

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Dimples

Garage
Favorite VMF member car that isn't yours?

There are too many great cars here to list, but I thought this might be a fun exercise.

There are numerous worthy mentions for me (Calamity Jane, 4ocious, The Evil Twin and the Rat Pack Boys to name a few), but if forced to pick a favorite, I have to say it's RyanSterling966's fastback.

There are a thousand tiny decisions that are sort of invisible and yet there's a custom touch everywhere you look. Between some truly unique interior bits like the tablet built into the console and exterior stuff like the hand made metal Shelby hood scoop, there is intention and craftsmanship poured all over this thing.

So what about you? Who do you think is doing it really right?

Hopefully these photobucket links work...

The anvil of reality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 03:58 PM

So right after posting some absolutely stunning photos of your car you ask everyone what their favorite VMF car they don't own is? Fishing for compliments?!

Seriously, though: there really are too many to choose from. But I'd pick any of the put-together fastbacks from 65 or 66. I have an obsession with them. Yours, Kelly's, Ryan S's... any of them
Ford.P51, Huntingky and 69bosssvt like this.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Full gallop this way --->
Supporting Member

Garage
I'll second Ryan's car or maybe zray's former FB. I'm really looking forward to seeing Dan Babb's build when it's done, gonna be wicked too.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Dimples

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ryan View Post
So right after posting some absolutely stunning photos of your car you ask everyone what their favorite VMF car they don't own is? Fishing for compliments?!
LOL, that is an absolutely fair observation. It wasn't conscious on my part, but I'll accept any criticism in that direction. I honestly expect that the flames knock my car out of contention for most people, which is fine by me. In fact, I'd be totally ok with my car being disqualified for this discussion, especially since I started it.

Really, I was just hoping that we could highlight some of the heroes on the forum. We are spoiled for choice here so we should crow about it.
66ryan likes this.

The anvil of reality.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:10 PM

Garage
Nice choice Blake.
As for my not mine favorite tough call dobrostang's car is a lesson in how car engineering should be and Huskinhano has all three cheap ,reliable, fast down to an art.
as far as out side our little group I'll have to get back to ya
rpm, 68Hildago and BlakeTX like this.

Brad
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:41 PM

My favorites are the ones the owner actually bleeds on, stresses over, and build him/her self.
malarson, Brent, Rorin67 and 6 others like this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:47 PM

WOW! A lot of nice one's to choose from and I am not sure I could pick a favorite. Ryan's is definitely towards the top of the list for me. Also have a very fond feeling towards DrStang's ride. The stance, the power, the color, all do it for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1964-ford-mustang-front-side.jpg (77.9 KB, 21 views)
2nd 66, 68Hildago, 66ryan and 1 others like this.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to RyanSterling966
Honestly y'all I'm really really flattered by the appreciation. I almost didn't do a build thread until I got on this board and got so inspired and so much help and advice from other people doing it. It's just not my natural state, stuff like that just always felt self aggrandizing to me which I tend to shy away from.

But boy am I glad I did, I'm glad if it has helped or inspired anyone else, and I am grateful for those that have done the same. It really does help people out, there is no way I could have built that car and have it come out like it did without countless hours pouring through others thread and learning from the people here who came before me. I don't mean to soap box but seriously it's really the best way to pay things forward.

To that end, if I had to pick some....... There is the metallic blue 67 fastback, it's called like Venom67 or something..... It was a picture of that car that replanted the fastback seed in my head years ago.

I think Kelly's car is freaking rad because of it's pragmatic nature and how she uses it, makes me feel like that car is a happy dog that just wants to keep living life and I love it it's inspiring as hell.

I remember the vapor SEMA build that was done by roadster shop in 2016. that thing was next level clean, and I have been involved in my fair share of SEMA cars in one way or another. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER seen another car to that level of fit and finish. I am of the belief that perfection is an unattainable ghost you should spend a lifetime chasing but never really catching. THAT CAR "CAUGHT IT" HARD.

But honestly for me it's bits and pieces from a thousand race cars I've seen on track in Monterey and here on the boards. I learned gaps from Rusty Gillis' and MTF builds (honorable mention to Aslan the 3/4 shot of his car made me block my car that one extra time). I learned suspension from Sean and his SOT posts. I learned that these cars deserve to be used and seen from Kelly. I learned flames can and DO work on a mustang from BlakeTX and now I also want to steal his wheels and stance . Countless tidbits from Woodchuck, oh yeah and Dan's 65 fastback is breaking my heart at the moment. It makes me want to tear mine apart again so darn hard. That thing is gonna' be a slick machine.

another honorable mention...... whoever this guy is. I see him run every year up at Laguna Seca. And this thing is freaking amazing. It's the perfect balance of classic, modern, race car and build quality. If anyone knows the owner please tell him I'd like to buy him a beer.

My Build thread:
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...thank-you.html

1966 Coupe I6 with australian head and a weber carb - Gone but not forgotten
2007 Mustang GT custom ordered - SOLD!!
1966 Fastback A-code - Finally Painted
2016 Shelby GT-350 Tech Pack Still like the 66 better

Last edited by RyanSterling966; 03-26-2019 at 05:10 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:08 PM

Garage
Really hard to decide on just one, as there are MANY great ones here. I have always liked fastback65gt (Phil's) '65 fastback, although he doesn't own it anymore...

Garth66, Klutch, Caper50 and 2 others like this.

Over 100,000 miles spiritedly driven since 2006!
Formula for a daily driver street fighter in Los Angeles:
'67 Fastback + Built 351W + T5 + 3.55:1 + LTs + 2.5" + 40s + TT2 17"
+ Arning drop + CSRP + R&P + Bilsteins + SFCs + under riders + 22 Gal.
+ 3pts + 2nd Skin + MTF grille/lights + LEDs + BlueTooth + SiriusXM

MTF Grille/Light Kit Install w/ Pics... & Engine Bay Pics...
As featured in Hot Rod Magazine tech article, May 2014
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:11 PM

The buckeyedemon '69 Mach 1. Ultimate engineering and craftsmanship packed into a stealth package.
dobrostang, Ford.P51, rpm and 2 others like this.

Currently working on a 1970 Mach 1 project. See it here: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...ode-build.html
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:27 PM

Oh, thatís tough, like asking which of your kids is your favorite. Dobrostang and 2nd 66ís cars are efficiency at their best. They make use of whatís available, drive them and thrash them. Kelly is no slouch. Works on her car and drives the daylights out of it as itís meant to be. silverbluebpís car is just bad azz. So many worthy choices.
2nd 66 and Josep like this.

Tom

One thing great about getting older. A life in prison sentence is less of a deterrence

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Dimples

Garage
@RyanSterling966. Super cool example in that pic. I think Iím seeing what youíre seeing, but Iím sure in person is a whole different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorin67 View Post
Really hard to decide on just one, as there are MANY great ones here. I have always liked fastback65gt (Phil's) '65 fastback, although he doesn't own it anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
The buckeyedemon '69 Mach 1. Ultimate engineering and craftsmanship packed into a stealth package.
Solid choices gentlemen. Exactly what I was hoping for. Please post pics if you have the time. If not, Iíll do my best to fill in the blanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskinhano View Post
Oh, thatís tough, like asking which of your kids is your favorite. Dobrostang and 2nd 66ís cars are efficiency at their best. They make use of whatís available, drive them and thrash them. Kelly is no slouch. Works on her car and drives the daylights out of it as itís meant to be. silverbluebpís car is just bad azz. So many worthy choices.
Every word of this is gospel. I love it.

The anvil of reality.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 01:57 AM

Ha! It is cool to see Jane mentioned so many times. Out of all the very nice custom cars on the forum, Jane certainly does not look custom at all (because I built her to look like a dressed up stock car) and is nowhere near as fancy as a lot are, but I guess that's the point: Jane falls somewhere in the muddy waters between stock and modified.

I must say that I really drooled over the Evil Twin's '69 fastback the other day. Man, the flares, the stripes, the stance... stunning!

Back in the day before I ever bought Jane, when I was first looking at Mustangs, Phil's '65 fastback was one of my ideals. I thought that if I ever owned a car like that it would be just incredible. Hell, I went looking for Mustangs with the idea that I would build one to look just like Phil's (black/red) or to have the classic candy apple red/white stripes/black interior look. I just stumbled upon Jane and had to keep her that way.
2nd 66, 68Hildago and jpacosta481 like this.

Calamity Jane 1966 Modified Fastback - Driven semi-daily!
Wrecked and rebuilt even better
289 v8, 4-speed, 3.25 9" rear, goodies and stuff.

See my travel blog here for my adventures: http://mapandamustang.blogspot.com/
Over 50,000 miles of North American roads driven on road trips since 2014. More always in the works - stay tuned!

When I show up at a car show and my car is covered in mud, it's probably because I drove 2000 miles to get there
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:36 AM

Buckeyedemon and the Evil Twin are my two favorites.
cavboy78 likes this.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 08:01 AM

Love Kellys because it is a nice build AND because it really travels.

Another honorable mention for me would go to @cbertke1965 because of it similarity to my own build, 65 FB with Coyote and T56 AND because he let me drive it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14364699_10206755000185390_2836382792575550626_n.jpg (132.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 17499295_10208246385829099_3159853613498430474_n.jpg (130.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20180630_163157.jpg (651.7 KB, 7 views)
2nd 66 likes this.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page