Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1970 mustang gettin a paint refresh

4K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  josephqatarcarguy 
#1 ·
hey guys,

decided to get a quick paint job done on the mustang ....just a quick refresh for the summer...will do a proper restoration later on and may go back to the cars original color .. here some pictures of the work

Attachments

See less See more
#17 ·
Still not painted yet? I thought this was supposed to be quick? ;)

#22 ·
To be honest I don't like seeing "Boss" on non-Boss cars. The Boss 302, 429 and 351 were unique cars with features found on no other Mustangs and I personally hold that name in high reverence. Somebody who doesn't know what a true Boss car is will look at your car and think "What is so special about this Boss I've heard so much about? I don't see anything unique."

I have a lot of Shelby GT 350 appearance on my '65 C code Fastback but you will not find "Shelby" or "GT 350" anywhere on the car.

#23 ·
I get what you mean mate but I bought the car with it and in Qatar any changes in regards to paint needs to be approved by the ministry here ... I really didn't care about the old paint on the car as my baby is not a show car ... it's a bloody "drink with your babe on the hood , jump in with your mates and go for a ride driver .. I only redid the paint to renew by road permit ...

#29 ·
It was similar in Australia. I never had the issue but I was told that if you had more than 3 mismatched colour panels on your car it could be knocked back on road worthy inspection, which is done every 12 months. Not sure if it was true or wives tale, but to that, I never saw cars with more than a mismatched door or fender.

-Rob

#34 ·
Next time I'm in country and hanging out Nando's at the pearl watching the car show, I'll keep an eye out for you!

#37 ·
Will do! Try to avoid the summers whenever possible...haha. My 70 is a grabber special with a built 351w.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.