after 35 yrs i just let my MM script run out - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 30Likes

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
I still like Mustang Monthly. Although, I'm not crazy about their "Auto-Renewal" policy. Now, if you don't make an effort to cancel, they automatically bill your card for a new subscription every year.

I always use a virtual credit card number for magazine renewals. Virtual card number is only good for a few hours, long enough for them to process the renewal. When they go to auto-renew in a year or whenever it doesn't work. Only takes 3-4 minutes to generate the virtual card number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:02 AM

I still have a few Hot Rod and Car Craft issues from back in the day. I used to have stacks and stacks of them. I finally went through and chose only those issues that had articles of interest, a lot of how to's. Eventually I went through them and realized that the how to tech was now out of date (installing Cleveland heads on your 289 etc.) and ended up narrowing it down to less than a dozen issues.
Thinking of doing the same with my Mustang Monthly.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:56 PM

Canceled mine 2 years ago, now they are in boxes in garage, curb is a lot closer than the attic staircase

Beat It To Fit, Paint It To Match

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:42 PM

I'm with Kelly on this one. It's my way of supporting the magazine, its writers and producers.

Plus, they put me on the on the cover for Sept '17.
Huntingky likes this.

]

"A good friend will help you move. A great friend will help you move a dead body"

September 2017 Mustang Monthly cover car
1965 A-Code Fastback
Built, September 14, 1964 (San Jose)
Viper red, White/red interior
TCP R&P, G Bar rear 4 link/w shockwaves
Global West Upper/Lower/Strut Rods
Ride-Tech Air ride
4 wheel Cobra disc brakes/Hydroboost
363 Stroker/Paxton Supercharger
Mass-Flo EFI
Owned since 1983
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
Kelly almost drew me back in with that bit about supporting journalism but then....naw.
gt350sr and Fastang68 like this.

.... it wouldn't be the first time reality took theory and conjecture out behind the woodshed and gave them a good thrashing.
I have some cars. With a long list of parts on them that if anyone was interested in, they'd ask.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:27 PM

Garage
My claim to journalism as it pertains to MM, ......
In the December 1999, I submitted to Rob Aliberto (Beyond The Basics) my chronicles of installing a FuelSafe Fuel Cell and why I did it, for inclusion in an upcoming "How To Article".
I began the cell install in the Spring of 1999. Well to my surprise, it was published in the December 2000 MM mag on page 92 with the title of "Safety First". Looking back, I see it was my primitive first attempt at journalism.
My subscription paid for itself many times over with those "How To articles", especially when replacing floors, TQ boxes, leaky cowls etc. Now, YouTube is the new technology for learning.
Huntingky likes this.

Ken ..
64 1/2 Poppy Red Cvt. Resto-Mod
333 Cu.in. T5z, 3:55, Dual 40 mm DCOE Webers
Performer RPM, CI cam, TFS/TWs, Tri-Ys, Discs w/Shelby Drums
Maryland
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:30 PM

My subscription just expired 4/2019. I may renew again someday after I read all my unread ones.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:37 AM

I just subscribed for the first time in December. Found an online site that was doing magazine subscriptions for cheap. Got 2 yrs for around $31.
Prior to that I would pick up copies here and there, usually at the market or airport.
I just read this months editors column and it seems they are now adding back in Fox Bodies to the MM articles.
I would presume it was a marketing move to gain more readership.

21 YEARS AND COUNTING
67 Convertible 289/C4
Originally Vintage Burgandy
Now Porsche Iris Blue Metallic
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:16 AM

Garage
I've got them back to the beginning- looked forward to them every month as a kid! Then came all their sister mags, along with the renewal ups, multitudeness of offers, etc. I actually renewed mine while at a car show(Goodguys I think?) and they screwed up. I paid for a year, but when my next issue came- it said I was good for the next 3, not 1! In the end, I think I actually got about 5 years worth of mags before they ended. I never got re-ups, just continued mags each month. In fairness, I did try to call them to figure it out, but they made it very easy to just concede and get them for free.... lol
fordguy likes this.

Working on old cars teaches us patience... and every curse word imaginable!
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:48 AM

I still have subscriptions to at least half a dozen magazines, and will until they stop doing print. I HATE on line digital magazines. I guess i'm a caveman lol.
Huntingky, gt350sr and DrHawkeye like this.

66 mustang coupe, 302 / T5-Z / 3.80 trac-lok

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:29 AM

Location: I bounce between The Texas Hill Country & far North Idaho
I rather enjoy magazines, MM only being one, on the crapper. Many run less than $10/year.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:45 AM

back when i started reading car magazines, around 1970, there were real good tech tips and builds in them. and that kept up until the late 90s when all the magazines basically became not only paid advertisements in the articles, but so loaded with ads that they would break up articles way too often for my tastes.

64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

a man's fate is a man's fate
and life is but an illusion

fordsix.com admin
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordguy View Post
I still have subscriptions to at least half a dozen magazines, and will until they stop doing print. I HATE on line digital magazines. I guess i'm a caveman lol.
LOL.... I have actually bought the print version AFTER seeing the digital version just so I could hold it in my hands and look without having to log in or have screen saver kick in.

So much easier to flip back and forth between pictures etc. Online, I usually end up with two our three browser sessions open with 5 tabs open on each screen.
fordguy likes this.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingky View Post
LOL.... I have actually bought the print version AFTER seeing the digital version just so I could hold it in my hands and look without having to log in or have screen saver kick in.

So much easier to flip back and forth between pictures etc. Online, I usually end up with two our three browser sessions open with 5 tabs open on each screen.

I still buy cd's also , and once in a while a record, I hate digital music also, lol . you can't read the liner notes on line. most of my friends give me crap about getting with the times.
Huntingky and DrHawkeye like this.

66 mustang coupe, 302 / T5-Z / 3.80 trac-lok

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordguy View Post
I still buy cd's also , and once in a while a record, I hate digital music also, lol . you can't read the liner notes on line. most of my friends give me crap about getting with the times.
Oh hell yeah. I gotta have that disc. I don't mind having a high-quality digital version for my phone (not MP3 crap), but the disc is the main source. And I buy several vinyl a year.
fordguy and Huntingky like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page