Disc brake upgrade on 68 vert
Getting ready to upgrade the 68 to orig8nal style Ford disc brakes. Sorted out a caliper issue on another thread. Now have a few questions I need to answer before ordering the final parts.
I am swapping the front spindles with a set of D0ZA (70 Mustang) spindles. As I understand it, they have larger bearing posts and took a slightly larger tie rod pin.
I already have a set of 68 Rotors.
So on to the questions:
1. Will all the 68 parts (rotor, splash shields, hoses etc.) not including the tie rod, fit if I swap out the bearing races and bearings for 70 bearings?
2. Is there any difference between 70 rotors and 68 rotors? Should I return the 68s for 70s or just replace the races?
3. Is there any advantage to swapping to a 70 tie rod vs. using the little adapters that make the 68 tie rod fit?
4. Is there anything else I need to consider for this swap?
5. What are people using for brake pads? I changed my 94GT to “Red Stuff” pads. Very happy with them so far. Any experience with them on a classic?
68 289 convertible Candy-apple red & white
66 200 coupe Blue
94 GT convertible Red & black
98 GT convertible White & black
98 V6 convertible White & tan