Street or Track - Super Postitive Experiences - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 31Likes

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser012001 View Post
I just did it a couple days ago. I elected to neck down my 3" to 2.5" but, i feel pretty confident I could have looped a 3" up and over the hump but i'd never get it safely through the GT valance...and it's ungodly loud currently and I'm trying to quiet it down some. I bought the pre-bent mustang tails in 2.5" for the bend over the rear end. It threaded through fine.

I then took 4 90 degree pipes and looped it under the watts mount and tucked back up next to the tank to run out the GT valance. I still have to add tips but overall, i'm pretty happy. In retrospect, I probably could have gotten 2 "U" shaped pipes to make the routing under the Watts.
Sending you a PM...

John

The Fauxstang. Dynacorn 67 fastback. Dart SHP 363, Close ratio Magnum 6 speed, 3.70 Eaton Truetrac in a fabricated full floater 9", SorT coil over suspension. Still in pieces.
'14 SHO with most all the bells and whistles. Stock for now.
F-150 SCab daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:03 PM
rdnck1
Supporting Member

Garage
Another thumbs up for Shaun! Very helpful and knowledgeable and a big plus for the forum. I'm also using some of his stuff and although I'm not finished the car yet, very pleased with the fit and finish of the parts I have received. Yes he is Brit and has an accent but mine is way worse and not sure he even knew what I was saying half the time but did a great job advising me on what I needed. I know this thread is for Shaun but we have a few other great vendors that support the site as well and we are lucky in that regard. Jim

Do your own research, I'm just a work in progress
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j persons View Post
Anyone ever figure out how to run the exhaust pipes through the Watts link? I would rather not use a side exit exhaust.
A collection of 'U' and 'J' bends gets the job done:

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:08 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser012001 View Post
I rarely dedicate threads to writing about vendor interactions. However, I have had so many positive interactions with @Shaun of Street or Track that I want to tell you all about it.

I cant remember back a couple years ago when I bought the front suspension and brakes so I cant really speak to that. What I CAN speak to is over the last four months, getting the rear of the car sorted and ready for action. I called him in January to start the discussion on what my rear options were. I left a message expecting to hear from him the next day. Instead, he called me that evening. We spoke for over an hour I think as he indulged my questions (some ridiculous and newb-ish) as well as just shooting the bull about these old cars. His passion to make these things the best they can possibly be is unrivaled with all the other vendors I've worked with so far. I genuinely enjoyed speaking with him and really hope I get the chance to meet him in person someday.

Anyway, that wasn't all. Upon installation I ran in to a few self inflicted issues. I traded countless emails and spent a lot of time on the phone with him understanding options, procedures, and making sure i knew what I needed to do to make sure everything was perfect. I had quite a few, what I would call, pretty stupid questions and things I would ask repeatedly even though he'd already answered. I'm sure I annoyed the crap out of him a few times but he was always patient and indulged me.

Lastly, and what inspired me to write this, I had yet another self inflicted problem earlier this week when the jack slid off the pumpkin on my car as I was jacking it up. Everyone was fine and nothing serious happened but I did turn the left hand link on the Watts into a boomerang. A few emails later and Shaun has a new link on its way to me...and didn't charge me for it. Its an aluminum tube and I dont know how much cost he has in it but, I expected to be charged for my stupid mistake. To me, it's a testament to him and his business wanting to make and keep customers happy.

Eventually, I'll be swapping his coil spring front suspension that I currently have to his coilover suspension. I also intend to outfit my 66 convertible with many of his parts. He has a customer for life in me.

Shaun, if you read this, thank you again!
Thank you for the kind words Chase (and to others that responded)! I'm just another passionate car guy with an obsession to make things as good as they can be!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:50 PM

I just wanted to share my experience with Shawn and his company Street or Track. I am new to the hobby and I called Shawn with general questions about suspension set ups, the differences between them and how they apply to our cars. He was very generous with his time and helped me understand the different products and general suspension dynamics.

I cannot say enough about his customer service. From the reviews I've read from people who know about his products and these cars, they seem to be top notch and real world proven. Just based on my conversations with him, you can tell he genuinely has a passion for these cars and making them work well. Not only that I was stuck by the fact he actually steered me away from my tendency to lean towards more expensive products that were not the best choice for the application or intended use of the car we discussed earlier. In other words he had my interest at heart and not up selling.

Thank you Shawn. We could use more business like yours in this world!

Matt E.
Shaun likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page