Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Street or Track - Super Postitive Experiences

7K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  wawazat 
#1 ·
I rarely dedicate threads to writing about vendor interactions. However, I have had so many positive interactions with @Shaun of Street or Track that I want to tell you all about it.

I cant remember back a couple years ago when I bought the front suspension and brakes so I cant really speak to that. What I CAN speak to is over the last four months, getting the rear of the car sorted and ready for action. I called him in January to start the discussion on what my rear options were. I left a message expecting to hear from him the next day. Instead, he called me that evening. We spoke for over an hour I think as he indulged my questions (some ridiculous and newb-ish) as well as just shooting the bull about these old cars. His passion to make these things the best they can possibly be is unrivaled with all the other vendors I've worked with so far. I genuinely enjoyed speaking with him and really hope I get the chance to meet him in person someday.

Anyway, that wasn't all. Upon installation I ran in to a few self inflicted issues. I traded countless emails and spent a lot of time on the phone with him understanding options, procedures, and making sure i knew what I needed to do to make sure everything was perfect. I had quite a few, what I would call, pretty stupid questions and things I would ask repeatedly even though he'd already answered. I'm sure I annoyed the crap out of him a few times but he was always patient and indulged me.

Lastly, and what inspired me to write this, I had yet another self inflicted problem earlier this week when the jack slid off the pumpkin on my car as I was jacking it up. Everyone was fine and nothing serious happened but I did turn the left hand link on the Watts into a boomerang. A few emails later and Shaun has a new link on its way to me...and didn't charge me for it. Its an aluminum tube and I dont know how much cost he has in it but, I expected to be charged for my stupid mistake. To me, it's a testament to him and his business wanting to make and keep customers happy.

Eventually, I'll be swapping his coil spring front suspension that I currently have to his coilover suspension. I also intend to outfit my 66 convertible with many of his parts. He has a customer for life in me.

Shaun, if you read this, thank you again!

See less See more
#3 ·
Shaun is a good guy to deal with and was very patient in answering my questions for over a year before I ordered. My issues are also mostly self inflected.

#7 ·
I put his front coil over system in my 73 Mach 1 and it required a thing or two that the earlier models didn't. One being a full three bolt export brace tie into the upper shock tower where the 71/73 has a two bolt attachment. I queried him on this as his instructions led me to believe three bolts and full circumferential support was require. He advised that full circumferential support was needed and in a few days sent me a CAD drawing of the three bolt "spacer" required for proper support. The drawing looked good and two weeks later they arrived, gratis. Beautifully machined pieces. As I installed his kit I emailed him multiple times (not sure that many 71/73 conversions had been done) and he was immediate with answers. Just a top notch guy to do business with.

#9 ·
+1 for Shaun.

I've got his front coilover setup on the front, his Cobra 4-wheel disc brake kit and I'm getting ready to start his 3-link rear suspension this week (will post pics). His stuff is proven (and abused) on the track and really takes my Mustang to the next level.

Shaun is one of the good guys (even though he's a brit :) )

-Shannon

#10 ·
Not sure exactly where he's from? Pretty sure it's not Michigan.

#13 ·
Anyone ever figure out how to run the exhaust pipes through the Watts link? I would rather not use a side exit exhaust.

#15 ·
I just did it a couple days ago. I elected to neck down my 3" to 2.5" but, i feel pretty confident I could have looped a 3" up and over the hump but i'd never get it safely through the GT valance...and it's ungodly loud currently and I'm trying to quiet it down some. I bought the pre-bent mustang tails in 2.5" for the bend over the rear end. It threaded through fine.

I then took 4 90 degree pipes and looped it under the watts mount and tucked back up next to the tank to run out the GT valance. I still have to add tips but overall, i'm pretty happy. In retrospect, I probably could have gotten 2 "U" shaped pipes to make the routing under the Watts.

#17 ·
Another thumbs up for Shaun! Very helpful and knowledgeable and a big plus for the forum. I'm also using some of his stuff and although I'm not finished the car yet, very pleased with the fit and finish of the parts I have received. Yes he is Brit and has an accent but mine is way worse and not sure he even knew what I was saying half the time but did a great job advising me on what I needed. I know this thread is for Shaun but we have a few other great vendors that support the site as well and we are lucky in that regard. Jim

#20 ·
I just wanted to share my experience with Shawn and his company Street or Track. I am new to the hobby and I called Shawn with general questions about suspension set ups, the differences between them and how they apply to our cars. He was very generous with his time and helped me understand the different products and general suspension dynamics.

I cannot say enough about his customer service. From the reviews I've read from people who know about his products and these cars, they seem to be top notch and real world proven. Just based on my conversations with him, you can tell he genuinely has a passion for these cars and making them work well. Not only that I was stuck by the fact he actually steered me away from my tendency to lean towards more expensive products that were not the best choice for the application or intended use of the car we discussed earlier. In other words he had my interest at heart and not up selling.

Thank you Shawn. We could use more business like yours in this world!

Matt E.

#21 ·
Let me just add to this old thread with my recent experience with Street or Track.

I explained that I was trying to get my install done over a vacation period, and wanted to make sure parts were in stock and would be able to ship and arrive during this time frame - which was in between holidays.

Shaun was attentive via email, constantly keeping me posted regarding parts stock, shipping and tracking.
Everything arrived in a timely fashion, and the install has transformed my car!

My car is a 4 lug 6 to 5 lug V8 conversion. Engine, brakes, tires/rims and rear end are all done. All that remained was my very tired 6 cylinder suspension. I went with the coilover conversion, with Bilstein street valved shocks all around and 1 inch lowering springs in rear. The car rides great - firm but not harsh. Sits perfect. Absorbs bumps and railroad tracks with no drama. Tire rub on my 17" is gone. The car feels very modern and sporting. I love it :)

Materials are top notch, documentation excellent provided excellent. Money well spent and a bigg "bang for your buck"
improvement to any vintage Mustang.

Thanks Shaun!

#22 ·
Let me just add to this old thread with my recent experience with Street or Track.

I explained that I was trying to get my install done over a vacation period, and wanted to make sure parts were in stock and would be able to ship and arrive during this time frame - which was in between holidays.

Shaun was attentive via email, constantly keeping me posted regarding parts stock, shipping and tracking.
Everything arrived in a timely fashion, and the install has transformed my car!

My car is a 4 lug 6 to 5 lug V8 conversion. Engine, brakes, tires/rims and rear end are all done. All that remained was my very tired 6 cylinder suspension. I went with the coilover conversion, with Bilstein street valved shocks all around and 1 inch lowering springs in rear. The car rides great - firm but not harsh. Sits perfect. Absorbs bumps and railroad tracks with no drama. Tire rub on my 17" is gone. The car feels very modern and sporting. I love it :)

Materials are top notch, documentation excellent provided excellent. Money well spent and a bigg "bang for your buck"
improvement to any vintage Mustang.

Thanks Shaun!
Thank you for the great feedback. Happy to help another Mustang drive like a newer car!

#23 ·
Another thumbs up for Shaun here. He helped me spec out bits for my 1969 Cougar. Being local I got to meet him and talk extensively to him about what I wanted from the car and I'm very happy with what I've installed so far. Some minor issues on installation-some mine and some not-but Shaun was always very helpful getting me back on track every time! Thanks Shaun!

Todd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.