Are prices going up? - Page 5 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 27Likes

post #61 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:46 AM

There are still deals out there you just need to find the right one. Stay patient and be prepared to spend a lot of time looking at junk. I started looking about a year ago for a project me and my boy could spend the next 5-6 years working on before he is legal to drive. Believe me I looked at stuff that was total garbage hacked franken stangs people wanted top dollar for. The fake Shelby with a blown engine for 10K etc you wouldn’t believe the crap in the Desert. We finally found a 1 owner 66 with basically 53 years of minor problems the guy couldn’t fix. He gave it to his grandson who didn’t have the time or knowledge to change a break switch. As luck would have it he was ready to sell and the old man was happy it was going to a family who would bring it back.

The problem is people all think their car is worth 15-20K because it’s a 50+ year old Stang. Seriously I have seen some beautiful restomod’s for 10-15K just not what we wanted. Most the stuff at Barrett Jackson selling are rich fools who drop the car off and never turn a wrench. They will pay stupid prices.

Here’s to hoping prices stay still once I’m done with the boys car I get to pick one for myself.

YMMV Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page