CJ Pony Parts Experience - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 31Likes

post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:24 PM

My biggest issue with CJPP is they show item in stock and it takes 4 weeks to get it. When you call customer service they blame it on the vendor. My answer back is , I didn't order from the vendor I order it from CJPP. Don't show it in stock if it not.
rpm and Sparky66 like this.

66 Mustang Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:00 PM

If you ask head of time, they won’t tell you the brand. I was looking for wiring harnesses from alloy metal products. I called to ask who manufactured their cj classics wiring harnesses, they absolutely refused to tell me. Buyer beware of “cj classics” no more purchases from me on cj classics.
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:24 PM

Just wanted to say I've had an issue at some time or another with most vendors, to me having a problem is not an errr...problem. The only way I see it as a really big problem is when they don't work with you to resolve the issue. Sounds like CJPP did the right thing in the end, I think they should get some credit for that.

post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edbert View Post
Just wanted to say I've had an issue at some time or another with most vendors, to me having a problem is not an errr...problem. The only way I see it as a really big problem is when they don't work with you to resolve the issue. Sounds like CJPP did the right thing in the end, I think they should get some credit for that.
Have you ever encountered a "Bait and Switch" practice with a Mustang vendor involving a substituted product that was $300+ less than what you received? I sure hope not...

floovb, floovb, vwomp, vwomp (sound of a bad tire driving)

Last edited by EvenFlow; 05-16-2019 at 12:47 PM.
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatbird View Post
If you ask head of time, they won’t tell you the brand. I was looking for wiring harnesses from alloy metal products. I called to ask who manufactured their cj classics wiring harnesses, they absolutely refused to tell me. Buyer beware of “cj classics” no more purchases from me on cj classics.
Here is an another example of why CJ Pony Parts won't tell you the brand (Wheel Vintiques) on their 15"x6" Styled Steel Wheels:

CJPP $192.99 x 1
CJPP x 4 (set dropdown) = $748.99

Jegs $144.99 x 4 = $579.96 without May $25 coupon.

Summit $142.99 x 4 = $571.96

$177.03 difference from CJPP to lowest!
Attached Images
File Type: png CJPP Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.34.38 PM.png (442.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png CJPP Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.36.54 PM.png (486.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.27.17 PM.png (421.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.27.41 PM.png (245.5 KB, 8 views)
Huskinhano and 66#3 like this.

floovb, floovb, vwomp, vwomp (sound of a bad tire driving)
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:44 PM

Garage
Don't overlook Summit's ALWAYS promotion code. It is active every few weeks, should be good for $50 off $500 order. With Memorial Day coming up, I would think it would be active soon. Plus Summit has great customer service, fast shipping, and liberal return policy.
Huskinhano and EvenFlow like this.

Alan
1970 Mach 1 Coyote powered restomod in progress. Started 10/2016.
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...mod-build.html
2017 Mustang GT AT donor purchased 9/2017.
FFR MK4 sold 3/1/2018.
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:46 PM

Heres one of the things about CJPP that drives me nuts.

Free shipping. We know its not really free shipping, they jack the price of everything to more than cover shipping.

I ordered a alternator wiring harness for my 65 over a month ago. Item was listed as in stock.

I ordered a SD heater core for my 67 3 weeks ago, item was listed as in stock.

When the order arrived with my 65 parts, no wiring harness, on back order.

When the order arrived with my 67 parts, no heater core, on back order.

Both parts shipped on the 15th of this month out of Vegas. Tracking says it will take a week to get here.

So I order parts CJPP advertises as in stock when they are not in stock, then I have to wait a week for the slow boat shipping when they are finally in stock.

In the future, if I order an item and it is not in stock, I will cancel the order and go elsewhere unless CJPP is the sole source.

1965 Mustang Coupe 289/C4
1967 Mustang Coupe 200/C4
2017 Mustang EB Premium
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:19 AM

Well crap I just ordered from them...just under $100 bucks worth of parts but still nervous. I ordered a few weeks ago from them and it went smoothly so fingers crossed!
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:40 AM

CJPP doesnt manufacture the items. If the supplier doesnt have it in stock, then CJPP should indicate that on their website. I often order a bunch of parts in one order and a factor in deciding who I go with is who has the items in stock. We can all agree that CJPP has horrible customer service, that will be their downfall.

2017 Mustang EB Premium
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
We can all agree that CJPP has horrible customer service, that will be their downfall.
Not "all". So far I have had zero issues with them. Who knows? Maybe I'm just lucky. I do shop around, it's not a good idea to just order blindly from any single supplier.
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:55 PM

Add me to the list of "no more CJPP".

I decided to use up my points at CJ's in February, before they expired, so I ordered a ST fender cover and a T5 shifter ball. Total came to about $48 after my points were used. I used PayPal to pay, as I usually do.

I received the fender cover in a week. When I hadn't seen the shifter ball after a couple weeks went by, I went to my CJ account and found it was on backorder...and there it stayed like that for 2 MONTHS. However, what pissed me off was they charged me for the shifter ball at the same time as the fender cover - the entire order amount. I spent well over an hour trying to reach someone, finally got someone to answer my online chat and cancelled the order, refunding my PP account.

But wait, there's more. And this one was the final straw.

In December, I ordered a set of Ron Morris rear shock plates with the tie down loop (I trailer my car to the track, and these would save me time). They were my Xmas gift to myself, because at $160 for some sheet metal they weren't cheap. They arrived in a week or two.

I didn't get around to installing them until April (because I had shoulder surgery in December), when I found out they won't work with my Watts link. So I contacted CJ via email for a return. Their response:

"At this time this is outside of our 60 day policy and we are unable to accept a return for this part. I know that they have not been opened or used. You could always trying (sic) to sell the item on your own since we are unable to accept a return at this time for that specific item. If there is other part that you need we can definitely offer you a deal with a salesmen (sic).

EXCUSE ME? Offer me a deal?? How about just taking back the parts, even with a restocking fee? THEY ARE STILL IN THE BOX, UNOPENED.

The parts are listed on ebay as we speak, with no takers. It's a specialty item that few people want or need. I'm furious at CJPP, as this seriously takes the cake.
gwstang and Grimbrand like this.

1966 Restomod/track car, 1973 Q-code Mach 1, 1997 F250 diesel, 2000 VW Beetle Rallycross car, 2010 Crown Vic (ex-City of Lakewood PD), 2015 Focus ST-2
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:55 PM

Garage
I hope you can get this problem addressed! CJPP should step up their game in this area.
Sparky66 likes this.

The more you work on something, the more familiar you become with it.

1970 Ford Mustang Grande 302 V8

"Lil' Red"

post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:46 PM

Have bought one part from them. A cowl side panel. They were the best price delivered and from comparing they generally are the best price on most steel parts. I did the free delivery and had it at the door in 4 days. No problems but that's a total of one order and one item.
post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:51 PM

I cant log into my CJPP account. Tried to resolve the issue with them, then just gave up. So I have zero CJPP points.

Finally received my instock backordered parts today.

Better chance of calling Graceland and Elvis answering the phone than someone at CJPP answering the phone.
Sparky66 likes this.

2017 Mustang EB Premium
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:10 PM

Garage
My power steering pump from them....a new (not rebuilt) Ford sourced part no less FAILED after only a few hundred miles. It was groggy from the start but started making horrible shrieking noises. Used Type-F and the fluid level was perfect. They are however giving me a full refund without hesistation and I'm buying from a different vendor. Mainly because I don't want to wait for a return ship and have no pump while I'm waiting for shipment to and from. I'll do the swap in one day since I'll have both parts.

They were surprised it was so bad....but trying the Lares brand this time new again, not rebuilt. I guess it's a numbers game. X many new pumps from any vendor will be bad. Rest that are good you don't hear about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page