Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Just a pic of me driving my old vert to the office

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Mustang4SF 
#1 ·
Middle TN has had some awesome weather this week so I'm taking advantage ... anyone else driving theirs yet?
commuter.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have been driving mine year-round for 27 + years...
School, work, dating, Winter Storm of 93, college, more work, a little more dating, wedding, kids, fun ! !

Attachments

Reactions: mikec35
#7 ·
Vert looks good sir.

As far as “driving yet”, I’ve been driving the crap out of mine since about October. I’m probably another 2-3 weeks away from parking it for the summer. Aside from a handful of evenings when the breeze doesn’t feel like a muggy blast furnace, it’s just too dang hot.

#8 ·
A couple weeks ago for National Mustang Day. We're fortunate that I can pretty much drive mine year round (as long as it isn't raining). Unfortunately, it doesn't do too well with morning carpool and 2 car seats so I have to pick the times I drive it. Summer is coming and the wife will be home with the kids, so it'll get driven to the office more.

Attachments

#11 ·
I've had mine out (with the top down) about 5 or 6 times this year so far. I agree that great weather just has to be celebrated with a few top down runs.

One of this year's excursions was a birthday ride/present for one of my neighbors. We ended up doing a freeway on-ramp 2nd gear high speed run/demo (tops out at 70 mph in 2nd, not bad for a T10 4 speed). :)

#12 ·
Daily driver, no. But I've had mine out starting in Feb, drove to a local car show:

Then in March I cheated and trailered up to NC but was spotted driving around Sevierville and Pigeon Forge for several days:

Even took a drive to English Mountian Raceway, and yes, I raced:

#13 · (Edited)
Daily driver, no. But I've had mine out starting in Feb, drove to a local car show:

Then in March I cheated and trailered up to NC but was spotted driving around Sevierville and Pigeon Forge for several days:

Even took a drive to English Mountian Raceway, and yes, I raced:
shelby.png
reminds me of moms car way back in the day (before me) ... gt 500 428 4 speed. fella in the pic (dad) totaled it

Attachments

#14 ·
Your Mustang looks really nice!! Makes me feel grateful to have my own and having been able to take care of it. I am almost close to get it running too. Just need to install my rebuilt carburetor on it once I get it back from the shop on Saturday. Knowing that people like you are having fun driving your Mustangs around makes me excited to get mines up and in driving condition very soon!

#17 ·
"I’d rather drive my cars to death. Future generations might not have my ’73 Camaro to admire, but they’ll at least have the stories that came from the previous generation flogging the hell out of it."

If anything like the "New Green Deal" that is currently being talked about does go into effect, future generations may only be able to see our cars in museums, sheltered away in warehouses. As we take our electric self driven solar charged cars on our trips to our green restaurant buildings, eating our non meat hamburgers (cows fart methane, so we killed them all) and drinking our non dary milkshakes (remember, no cows, no milk) through our paper straws (who else hates the way they make your drink taste?) we will only be able to tell our children about the experiences we had in the past with our environment killing modes of transportation.

Me:
Rush's Red Barchetta comes to mind

#18 ·
Many of my colleagues are modern sports car enthusiasts but that doesn't stop me from tagging along on cruises. This was last week during a drive along the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) in Malibu. We stopped at Point Dume State Beach for some photos, including this one. Besides the unusual overcast skies, it was a great time!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.