Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Motor Mounts

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  russosborne 
#1 ·
Hey anyone know of motor mounts for a 68 302 Convertible,[has the 67 style brackets] I can buy from auto store, Just looking for a stock mounts for a daily driver, Don't want to spend 200 for the adjustable ones. I also have a set of 68 coupe brackets I could use, but not sure how that would work.
68projectcar

#3 ·
#7 ·
I just received my mounts from Dan last week. They look good. They have a jig and cut/weld to make the C7ZE mounts. I think they're $190 + shipping.

I have been putting a clutch, rear main seal and up-pipes in my Ford F-250 4X4 Diesel and have not found the time to install Dan's new mounts. The mustang is my parts go getter.

#9 ·
yes, I spoke with him on the phone, $200. for him to make a pair, got to be something out there that will work, that's a lot for motor mounts.
I have owned two 67 mustangs with the same problems the mounts will fit if you pry them into place than the driver side last 6 month before it rips because of the load.

On my present 67 I redrilled the frame mount to the proper angle, there are templets on this web site, now my 289 just drop in like it should

Nick

#11 ·
What do you have against pinning the ones you have? Cost almost zero, will last forever.
It's pretty much that or spend $200 to do it the "right" way.
Assuming you don't want solid mounts.
Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.