Caution Rant- c67s - Vintage Mustang Forums
 3Likes

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Caution Rant- c67s

Ok so letís rewind back to March of 2018, I called Coys to order a set of c67s with a set of falken tires mounted balanced out the door. Dave coy told me that they would be making a new mold and would take some time ok, no problem. Called in April paid for the tires that were made from falken, done, again not a problem. Called once a month to see how the progress was coming along, factory hold ups the usual. We get to November 2018, wheels are done waiting at port because of new tariffs ok understandable. January comes around there stuck in south beach California in a container because customs wonít release them. Call Dave again in February there releasing the wheels now. Should have them in 2 weeks. Iím like great Iím gonna have them by April. Wrong. Called them once a week once April came kept getting the run around then wouldnít answer me, dodging my phone calls. Now last week I got ahold of them and they shipped them out. Get shipping number Iím so happy I could bounce off the walls. Finally! There finally coming. Today they get delivered after paying for these in full last July. Now here comes the good stuff. Installed 2 wheels on the driver side. Nice and smooth no problems. Get the the passenger side, wheel wonít go on? Like not possible, the wheel will not fit. So Iím like ok maybe itís me. Grab the rear driver side wonít fit. Take off the rear drum brake and try and match the holes doesnít even come close. Now i did find that between the 2 that fit thereís different machined colored rings. The black ones fit perfect the ones that donít are chrome. Idk what to do at this point, yelling gets you know where Iím in the service industry and right now Iím just utterly shocked that a place like this could screw up so bad. Rant over idk what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:02 PM

To be honest, that wasn't much of rant. Kudos to you because I would be livid. Like you though, I realize there's is not much you can do and your at their mercy. I would still be on the phone (which I know you will) trying to get it resolved.

Just mentioned in a text today that I just love (sarcasm) all the "Yeah, that's not going to work" when building these cars.

Good luck with getting the correct rims/tires.

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:05 PM

So it sounds like the other tires are not 5x4.5 bolt pattern? I would be pissed, good luck getting it straightened out, hopefully they resolve it soon.

1967 Mustang Convertible, 289-4v, C4, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Mild Cam.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:06 PM

People make mistakes.

I understand your frustration on delivery, but your rant (understandable) is a bit premature on the wrong wheels.

Call Coys and seek a remedy.

Then report back.

1965 Mustang Coupe 289/C4
1967 Mustang Coupe 200/C4
2017 Mustang EB Premium
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I just canít get over all that time I was patient and you get 2 sets of different wheels like how. It just doesnít make sense. Iíll be on phone tomorrow trying to resolve this but right now my blood is boiling. Funny thing is today I called once I got home from work because they didnít come with the center caps I wanted. He sent me the spinners but I didnít want them. Ugh for some reason things donít ever work out in my favor.

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:09 PM

Garage
if your talking about "HubCentric" rings ? just don't use 'em the wheels are/or should be lug centric

Brad
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
People make mistakes.

I understand your frustration on delivery, but your rant (understandable) is a bit premature on the wrong wheels.

Call Coys and seek a remedy.

Then report back.

Problem is now Iím in New Jersey there in Utah, shipping back the 2 wheels they mounted and balanced for me that are wrong what do you do now? Some way or another Iím going to end up paying for this either with unmounting and remounting on new rims or shipping them back. Not exactly cheap to ship wheels across the country.
Iím not sure if you have ever delt with coyís or not but they donít have there **** 100% together. Itís my mistake I Should have researched this better before I placed the order.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:13 PM

I'm assuming the Chebby 4 3/4" on the passenger side? He probably received them mis-labeled from the most favored nation.

Nice car!

65 C Code hardtop from California still wearing it's original paint.
Roller 331, TW 170 heads, T-5z, FiTech EFI, FPA Headers, Arvinode exhaust, SoT Bilstien coilover front suspension, TJ on eBay 8" 3.40 Trac-Loc 3rd member. Mustang Steve 2008 GT bracketed 12.4" front disks
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd 66 View Post
if your talking about "HubCentric" rings ? just don't use 'em the wheels are/or should be lug centric

No its not the hubcentric rings. Where the lugs are drilled thereís machined rings on the back of the wheels. 2 fit which are black, the others are chrome. I think this is how they mark the lug pattern. Itís a honest mistake, but should have been checked before leaving the building.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
I'm assuming the Chebby 4 3/4" on the passenger side? He probably received them mis-labeled from the most favored nation.

Nice car!

I wish my 69 c10 was 5 lug I could check it but itís 6 lug. Iím pretty sure itís 5x 4.75 itís off by just enough. Even if you could Redrill them i donít think it would work.
Thanks !

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass70 View Post
Problem is now Iím in New Jersey there in Utah, shipping back the 2 wheels they mounted and balanced for me that are wrong what do you do now? Some way or another Iím going to end up paying for this either with unmounting and remounting on new rims or shipping them back. Not exactly cheap to ship wheels across the country.
Iím not sure if you have ever delt with coyís or not but they donít have there **** 100% together. Itís my mistake I Should have researched this better before I placed the order.

They screwed up, so it's on them.

IMO, I'd have them send me the two correct wheels and swap the tires over locally, even if I had to pay for them up front. You can then drop the incorrect wheels in the shipping boxes and send them on their way for a refund. Be sure to pay with a credit card, so you have recourse if they screw you again.
gt350sr and rhutt like this.

"We've always done it that way" - the most dangerous words ever spoken

71 Mach 1
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post
They screwed up, so it's on them.

IMO, I'd have them send me the two correct wheels and swap the tires over locally, even if I had to pay for them up front. You can then drop the incorrect wheels in the shipping boxes and send them on their way for a refund. Be sure to pay with a credit card, so you have recourse if they screw you again.

Looks like thatís whatís going to be happening. Spoke to Dave this morning he couldnít believe it but said once he got to the shop he would give me a call to figure out what where going to do. Sounds like this is going to cost me at least a tire swap.

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:36 AM

You need to post more photos of that car. Looks pretty cool.

Roddster
67 GT 350: MCA & SAAC Gold winner
67 S code GTA coupe
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Ha thanks, whenever I find the right person to install this new Paxton super charger itís going to be that much cooler

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:27 PM

Garage
Coys has the WORST service I've ever dealt with. I love their wheels, but I hope I never have to deal with them again.

I pretty much had the same experience as the OP. Not answering phone calls, not getting back to me, no shipping confirmations, and overall atrocious service.
Badass70 likes this.

1969 Convertible field find (450hp spaghetti noodle)
1968 Fastback (428 and a 4 speed)
www.SaveClassicCars.net

-Armon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page