Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Inspection on a 66 convertible GT near Chicago, IL.

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  myfirstcar66 
#1 ·
Good afternoon all. New member looking to catch the Mustang bug.

I have a 66 Mustang Convertible GT located just South of Chicago that I need an inspection on for a possible buy. Can anyone recommend a knowledgeable person in the area that could give me a top down inspection and opinion on a car for possible purchase?

#2 ·
Good afternoon all. New member looking to catch the Mustang bug.

I have a 66 Mustang Convertible GT located just South of Chicago that I need an inspection on for a possible buy. Can anyone recommend a knowledgeable person in the area that could give me a top down inspection and opinion on a car for possible purchase?

I'm in Chicagoland. I'm no expert but I rebuilt my 68 Mustang in high school and I am just finishing up a frame up rebuild of a 66 vert so I am reasonably knowledgeable. I could probably get there in the next few days. PM me if interested.

If you are looking to pay somebody, Mustangs of Chicago might be interested. I've been working with them on a couple things and they seem to really know their stuff.

#3 ·
Hey, I know who you can contact.... ZIM... He's also in Chi-Town.... His name is Jason Zimberhoff and can be reached at: zim@svs.com

ZIM (Jason) is well know in the Mustangs circles in the area. He can help you with local Mustang clubs as well. He's a cool guy!

:eek:)

Tony K.

#9 ·
I was beginning to think that I am dumber than I look after not being able to find the PM option. Yes, very new, as in just yesterday, so definitely not enough posts if that is what it takes to PM. I can receive mail and reply to them, just not generate at this point.

#18 ·
Let me appologize for not responding to you or VMF. A drunk driver crashed into my yard on Friday damaging my home and tearing the electrical service right off the house. It has been a crazy, whirlwind of the last two days.

Roddster took the time out of his holiday weekend to go and visit this beauty and gave me a thorough and complete response. I am humbled by your generosity.

I am grateful to all for your offers of assistance. I am very close to making a decision and look forward to be a participating member of this great community.

Hoping that everyone has a wonderful weekend.

#20 ·
Let me appologize for not responding to you or VMF. A drunk driver crashed into my yard on Friday damaging my home and tearing the electrical service right off the house. It has been a crazy, whirlwind of the last two days...

Hoping that everyone has a wonderful weekend.
And that is just one of many reasons we so on fire about DUI and DUIDrug prevention, detection, and prosecution. Glad you're okay, hope the driver is, and hope that the local courts recognize what a problem this is and help us stop it.

Much luck on your new car. Send pics ! !

#19 ·
I want to thank everyone, especially Roddster, for their assistance with this car and subsequent inspection. It was because of that assistance and support that I ended up making an offer that was accepted by the owner and am hoping to have this little Pony in my stable in the coming weeks. Thank you all again and I am looking forward to becoming a part of this great VMF community.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.