Holly Sniper - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 2Likes

Old 05-25-2019, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2me View Post
I'm assuming you mean the MSD Atomic? I looked at that when I was deciding on an EFI solution and there were several reasons that I decided against it.
1) It was, at the time, much more expensive. I have no idea how the price compares now.
2) I didn't like the idea of having an external ECU. Another box to mount somewhere didn't appeal to me.
3) The fitech that I wound up with also has a handheld controller. The sniper does as well, but Holley hadn't come out with the sniper yet at the time
4) I had bought an MSD transmission controller for my 4R70W transmission and it never worked correctly. It absolutely would not read the range sensor, no matter what I did and when I tried to find support for the TCU there was none available, anywhere.

That last one was what soured me on anything MSD. I blew several hundred dollars on a trans controller that now sits in a box in my garage that neither MSD nor holley, their new owner, supports. I probably wouldn't use anything MSD if you gave it to me. If it works for you, that's great, and its awesome that it does, but you wouldn't catch me using one.
oops yes I meant MSD atomic. Long day at work. I appreciate your candor and totally respect your reasoning for not liking their products. I believe the pricing has come down since Holley has acquired them.
Whether things will work out for me in the end remains to be seen as the final product is a few weeks away.

21 YEARS AND COUNTING
67 Convertible 289/C4
Originally Vintage Burgandy
Now Porsche Iris Blue Metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in