3Likes
  • 1 Post By Grimbrand
  • 1 Post By indygta
  • 1 Post By Caper50

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bored.

I MISS MY MUSTANG ! ! !

I drove my wife in the Expedition to meet friends in Huntsville, AL , then down to Cullman for the "Rock the South" outdoor concert. What a MISTAKE. The traffic was HORRIBLE on I-65, and the two-lane roads going to and from the concert field were jammed with no help from local law enforcement or concert staff and even though we went later to avoid some of the heat, the DUST was about unbearable. Everywhere someone walked it looked like Pigpen from Charlie Brown / Peanuts. And there were 30,000 plus people. They should have used a water truck or something to prevent that. I would never have taken my Mustang to this hellhole and I will not take ANY vehicle I own back there again. The crowd was 95% hick-hop rap-"country" fans between the ages of 14 and 25 that were getting stone drunk before they got there, got worse, of course, and there is NO way I would let my daughter go someplace she has to have her AZZ hang out of her shorts to fit in and write her name and contact number on her inner forearm to be identified when she is passed out, raped or killed. The only act worth seeing that wasn't filled with profane drunk-sex inspired lyrics was Brooks & Dunn (these guys are in their mid60s), so we left before Kid Rock came out.

ANYway.....The wife didn't feel good when she woke up, migraine headache, so she takes meds and sleeps all day. The only thing I could find to do is detail the Expedition with hotel towels, a garbage can with water and the free soap (looks nice now!) and surf VMF and nearby Craigslist ads for anything Mustang or Ford related.
I MISS MY MUSTANG ! ! !

'66 Tahoe Turquoise/ Aqua coupe
•289 / 4100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Quick Manual Steering
•Rally Pac •Console •Deluxe Belts
•LOTS of Rotunda accessories
...my first car

'66 Emberglo / Parchment deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Power Steering
•Dealer Air Conditioning •Console

'66 Nightmist / Blue & white deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Factory Air Conditioning •Console
WAITING FOR RESTORATION

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:40 PM

Not a Kid Rock fan either. Good call there! *grin*

Even if it wasn't all perfect, sure glad you guys are having some adventures together. Hope the wife's headache gets better soon!
myfirstcar66 likes this.

"No matter what you are, be the best one you can." -Abraham Lincoln
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 09:35 PM

I can’t imagine . Glad y’all made it out with your lives!
myfirstcar66 likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Haha she felt well enough this evening to go to dinner with our friends. Tomorrow morning we'll go by the outlaws' house (haha), pick up my young'uns and drive home just in time for me to go to work for a 12 hour shift. I only have 2 more of those before I live in the daylight for a while, working with a patrol team part of the time and travelling/teaching a bunch in the month of June.

I DO plan to drive my Mustang to some of our training sessions!

Anybody have creative ideas on how to occupy oneself when away from home and you didn't get to take your toys?

Last edited by myfirstcar66; 06-01-2019 at 10:39 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Anybody have creative ideas on how to occupy oneself when away from home and you didn't get to take your toys?
I'm only an armature geetar player but I've often taken a guitar on the road with me. I have a Mexican Telecaster that I put threaded inserts in the neck so I can take the neck off the body and put the guitar in a small suitcase.
myfirstcar66 likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper50 View Post
I'm only an armature geetar player but I've often taken a guitar on the road with me. I have a Mexican Telecaster that I put threaded inserts in the neck so I can take the neck off the body and put the guitar in a small suitcase.
I have a Fender Strat (my Fender Twin Reverb is pretty heavy) and a Breedlove acoustic (and hard cases for both) I sometimes take but I didn't anticipate the concert being a big fat let-down AND the wife getting sick (no alcohol etc involved), so I am without instruments. Hard lesson learned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page