Recommendations for a mechanic in N San Diego area? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Recommendations for a mechanic in N San Diego area?

Picked up a new 67 convertible and relocated to North San Diego area. Looking for a shop to help with and/or guide me in the stages of repairs/upgrades I am planning. Looking to update the engine (it's tired), switch to a 5-speed, a little suspension enhancements and see if I can get a reasonable quote on paint. Any help or referrals would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
I know you're in SD but I'd recommend you check out Mustangs & Fast Fords OC. I've spoken with the owner and visited this shop numerous times and always been happy with his service and prices on parts. I haven't had any work done on my '66 with his shop but he always has a team of mechanics working on 5-10 classic mustangs so he can probably help you with anything needed on a 60s Mustang.
https://mustangsandfastfordsoc.com

I haven't had any paint work done in a while so I can't help you there.

Good luck!
Brent

66 GT350 Tribute in Sapphire Blue built over 12-years and finally being driven!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:58 PM

One of my current employee's. Use to work at Current Auto Performance in El Cajon. They maybe able to assist with the T-5 conversion and some of the driveline stuff. Action Cylinder Head in Santee rebuilt a engine for one of my work trucks. Was easy to work with and stands behind his work. Never used them but Total Performance in Santee has an excellent reputation for building
high performance Ford engines. What do you mean by reasonable paint? There is a shop on the north side of the 78 west of Nordahl Dr. That always has a red mustang parked facing the highway. I've heard good thing about them. My car needed a bit more attention. I ended up sending it across the country to Pete's Ponies. You can find him on facebook.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
BTW welcome to VMF! If you're feeling adventurous, pick up a Ford Factory Service Manual for your 67 and consider doing some of the repairs/upgrades yourself. These cars are fairly easy to work on and completing projects can be very rewarding.
https://www.npdlink.com/product/shop...mustang/138040

Cheers

66 GT350 Tribute in Sapphire Blue built over 12-years and finally being driven!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:11 PM

They are a regular auto repair shop but they work on old cars too. They had a Shelby in not too long ago.

See Ben at Midland automotive in Poway. (858) 486-1302

He has been working on my vehicle for over 15 years and he has never done me wrong.

Tell him Erich C sent you.

Everybody has to start some place

Last edited by Asm109; 06-11-2019 at 11:17 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:51 AM

California Classics & Collectibles in Vista, talk to Scotty. Honest and knowledgeable about all things mustang. Did a fair amount of work on my 67 convertible always recommended the right stuff not always the most expensive.

https://calclassiccars.com
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip. I'll give him a call.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Brent, thanks for the tip. I will check them out. Actually planned on doing the work myself. Jut need some help/advice on where to start and bang/HP for my buck. Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page