Anyone see this before??? - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 16Likes

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:08 AM

I'm quite sure a body shop could spend several thousand dollars fixing that oil-canning issue correctly ORRRRRRR, you could put the headliner in (after JB welding it in place) and, send the Gypsy $100 to delete this thread and pretend you never saw it...

Your car has definitely been PO'd. Gotta love that fuse board. Perhaps we need a sticky called; "PO'd, a special place for photos like that one". The top 5 posts picked with "likes" are the "PO'd hall of shame"... We've seen some classic stuff over the years, although I guess a few of my "good ideas" might show up

Heavy Metal Thunder Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3L_O7N_xs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
I'm quite sure a body shop could spend several thousand dollars fixing that oil-canning issue correctly ORRRRRRR, you could put the headliner in (after JB welding it in place) and, send the Gypsy $100 to delete this thread and pretend you never saw it...

Your car has definitely been PO'd. Gotta love that fuse board. Perhaps we need a sticky called; "PO'd, a special place for photos like that one". The top 5 posts picked with "likes" are the "PO'd hall of shame"... We've seen some classic stuff over the years, although I guess a few of my "good ideas" might show up

I’m definitely leaning toward leaving that roof well enough alone ...probably change out the wiring though.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is “PO’d?”

This car has been an interesting exploration. I’ve found strange things like this fuse block and roof “support,” but also been surprisingly please by a well patched floor with no major rust issue, a patched cowl with only 1 small leak that should be easily fixed, and a proper v8 conversion (t code car) with V8 spindles, 5 lugs, v8 rear end, and v8 steering and sway bars. I’m starting to think this car has had at least two different types on owners in its life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:55 AM

PO = Previous Owner

65 C Code hardtop from California still wearing it's original paint.
Roller 331, TW 170 heads, T-5z, FiTech EFI, FPA Headers, Arvinode exhaust, SoT Bilstien coilover front suspension, TJ on eBay 8" 3.40 Trac-Loc 3rd member. Mustang Steve 2008 GT bracketed 12.4" front disks

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianellis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFaurora View Post
Just noticed!! Are those brake lines acting as Headliner bars?!?!..LOL... Say it ain't so! It looks like a Brake line fitting on the end of the middle headliner bar... Look again at the pic!

Bubba was sure busy!

Are my eyes deceiving me..?!

)

Tony K.

No, there aren’t any brake lines in the roof... but at this stage, nothing would shock me. Here is the fuse “block”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao. It took more work to cut that out than it would to just have done it right

67 Fastback S Code, Brittany Blue

Work in progress
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
"The sad part is it looks like they took a lot of time setting up that fire hazard. Wow... just wow. "

Whoa! Was the Previous owner going for a Victorian Steampunked Look?!?...LOL.. I see more fuse setups than Thomas Edison would have used...!

Time to make a phone call to NPD and pick up a Perfect Repro Main wiring Harness for $700....made by ALLOY METAL PRODUCTS...The best wire harness maker out there...

Or buy a good used "restored/reconditioned" Main wiring harness from MIDLIFE here on the VMF..... He usually sells them for around $250 bucks. Guaranteed to work well.

Here is his website....

Welcome to Midlife Harness Restorations

)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:42 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFaurora View Post
"The sad part is it looks like they took a lot of time setting up that fire hazard. Wow... just wow. "

Whoa! Was the Previous owner going for a Victorian Steampunked Look?!?...LOL.. I see more fuse setups than Thomas Edison would have used...!

Time to make a phone call to NPD and pick up a Perfect Repro Main wiring Harness for $700....made by ALLOY METAL PRODUCTS...The best wire harness maker out there...

Or buy a good used "restored/reconditioned" Main wiring harness from MIDLIFE here on the VMF..... He usually sells them for around $250 bucks. Guaranteed to work well.

Here is his website....

Welcome to Midlife Harness Restorations

)

Tony K.
Not trying to hijack but....

How does the Alloy Metal Products compare to the Midlife Harness rebuild? I’m converting my C6 to a toploader and plan to add a tach to my cluster.

67 Fastback S Code, Brittany Blue

Work in progress
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:40 PM

Hey, don't knock the wood fuse block until you've had to make one yourself...

Of course mine was labeled, only 1/4" plywood, and much cleaner than that. When I bought my car as a teenager there were no fuses at all thanks to a PO. I decided to not die in a fire but I also didn't have money to get a new wiring harness. The harness was already cut anyway, so I just routed everything to a panel I made, like that one, and mounted it under the dash to the left of the parking brake. Oh, and I used all black wires instead of red. What could go wrong?

Of course now I have an Alloy Metal harness in there. That panel wasn't the only sketchy thing under the dash and I still don't want the car to go up in a fire. I described my existing harness to Midlife, thinking I'd just give it to him for the cost of shipping, and even he said (extremely politely, I might add) that it wasn't worth his time.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
"How does the Alloy Metal Products compare to the Midlife Harness rebuild?"

You can't really compare, It's like Apples and Oranges. One is like Mint OEM (ALLOY METAL PRODUCTS), and the other (MIDLIFE) is a well repaired OEM Harness. It's whatever you and your wallet are in the flavor for.

With that being said, If you have a '67-'68, Randy (MIDLIFE) can help you wire in a Tach to your Cluster....

Or you can go with Gary....The "TACHMAN"...also highly rated...

Tachometer Repair Restoration for Antique Classic Cars Auto

Or... There is also "The ROCKETMAN"....Tach guy as well who is also very good. He does Mustangs and Specializes in Cougars..

https://www.rccinnovations.com/

and finally, For '67-'68 guys solely... You can go to Ken's Mustang Tachs and Guages...

Kens Mustang Clusters & More - *********** Kens Mustang Instrument Clusters*** We build GT & Shelby Clusters to work in your non-tach Mustang****************** NO modifications needed !*** (PLUG & PLAY)

Enjoy...

)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page