Oh man. I'm probably one of the more opinionated people here so you know I'm going to take this opportunity to get up on my soapbox and deliver my soliloquy. This is sort of a mix of bad Mustang mod choices but also things I see on the forum. Get ready to, in this spirit of this thread, pretend not to be offended!
1) Hideous wheel choices. This has nothing to do with wheel size. I think it's possible to put larger diameter wheels on any Mustang if you choose the correct wheels.
1a) Thinking that because I think your giant chrome Foose whatever wheels are UGLY that I need a lecture/reprimand about not everyone wanting a stock Mustangs, as if I have some concours correct car. Nope. My car is modified, you just have no taste.
1b) Same as 1a but applied to any ugly or ill-advised modification you've done.
1c) Agree on the chrome Torq Thrusts. If you want chrome wheels get Cragar SS or something.
2) Yellow cars. I realize there are some factory yellow Mustangs. Fine. I'd never own one but I accept that your yellow Boss 302 is a fine automobile. Painting your 1965 Mustang canary yellow? Nope. Do not accept.
3) UGLY serpentine setups that look like something Boyd Coddington dreamed up in 1995. NOOOOOOO
4) Ugly engines in general. Those weird bulbous finned air cleaners that match those weird bulbous finned valve covers that look like they belong on a Chevy 265 from the 1950s that is then put in a 1932 Ford. Those Ford Motorsports valve covers, chrome or black and red- yuck. Yellow plug wires, in fact anything other than black. Using the light Ford blue that was on 1965 260 valve covers on your 1966 and later engine that should be the darker Corporate Blue. Corporate Blue engines in a 1965. Any engine color other than the factory correct color- red, green, whatever- NO. K&N filter tops, despite Engine Masters proving they do nothing if you still have a regular round filter under it. Those Edelbrock Pro-Flo air filters that are absolute garbage. Too much chrome.
5) Not running a PCV because you think it's emissions junk. Not understanding exactly what it does or why it's there, removing it anyway and then posting here about the weird issues you're now having.
6) Not having shock towers.
6a) Every guy who has his Mustang for a week and asks for opinions on the Heidts 4-Link and/or TCI (or similar) front suspension.
7) Telling people they need a custom cam for their 300hp 302 build.
8) Building an expensive engine and not using a roller cam. Because spending an extra $400 for link bar lifters on your $8500 stroker is less desirable than needing magic zinc oils, maybe special break-in valve springs and suffering a tense half-hour long break-in procedure.
8a) Thinking that because you didn't have issues the last time your broke in a cam in 1985 means that today's Chinese cam cores aren't garbage.
9) During the space race of the 1960s NASA spent $6,000,000 inventing a pen that could write in zero gravity. The Russians used a pencil. Giving space pen advice when pencil advice is needed (see 7a, custom cam on a 300hp 302).
10) Telling everyone their carb is too big because a worthless calculator on Summit's website said you only need 390cfm carb on a 950hp 500 cubic inch engine.
10a) Telling everyone everything is too big all the time.
10b) Believing that a 289/302 with a square 256 duration / .450 lift cam, Performer manifold, 450cfm carb, stock heads and 2" exhaust will have more low end torque and be more fun to drive than a 289/302 that makes 400hp at 6500 RPM.
10c) Believing that everything good will sacrifice "low end" when dyno results pretty much prove otherwise. Spouting this belief like it's your religion.
11) Shaving, frenching, etc. every bit of classic charm and character on your vintage Mustang to the point that it looks like a 2005 V6 Mustang. Just buy the 2005 Mustang?
12) Blaming "vapor lock" for everything.
I feel much better! I actually read this thread right before bed, thinking I'd make a reply when I got up... BUT I couldn't stop thinking about what I would say so I got up just to type this. Now I expect to sleep like a baby.