What would you pay? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

What would you pay?

so I'm Mildly entertaining the idea of selling my FB to fund an overhaul on my convertible. I would really love to keep both, but I don't have the time of funds to manage two projects playing single dad. I'm not sure what is a fair moving price on it. I have my idea, but interested in what yall think it would bring.

AAW harness, rear drum brakes, new brake and fuel lines, wildwood 12" 6piston fronts. new upper & lower control arms, tie rods, rebuilt steering box, new backup lights, 24" chamption 2 row radiator, high flow Tuff Stuff water pump. Dakota Digital gauges, 1" sway bar, adjustable struts, Mini starter, 4 speed top loader, roller brake/clutch pedal and roller clutch rod, new clutch, new interior dome lights, new manual power brake booster. have factory front and rear seats that have been removed. front seats are Corbeau FX1 Pros. 9" 31 spline rear end with Detroit locker. new front valance. Viking double adjustable front coilovers and viking double adjustable rear shocks. New leaf spring bushings.

floors are in really great shape. does have some holes that were cut by the PO by the rear quarters on both sides for rust. Southern Kalifornia and Texas car its whole life.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p56aeW6CTD5kudmM9

Last edited by patrickstapler; 06-30-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added URL link for ease of viewing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:55 PM

Garage
Engine?

1969 Mach-1 Mustang
460 / C6 / 9"
Back in Dixie DSO 22 (Charlotte)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmach View Post
Engine?
302, dart windsor jr heads, edelbrock rpm intake, big oil pan, and new summit 500cfm carb.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:15 PM

Garage
Sounds like a nice collection of parts, for sure... Hard to tell from the photos - is it all together? Does it run?

1969 Mach-1 Mustang
460 / C6 / 9"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:19 PM

Garage
You asked for opinions, here is mine:

Determine what a comparable car with clear title and current registration would sell for that is completely done. Then determine what it would cost to finish your car to that level. Subtract the cost, including labor, to finish your car from the value of the done car and that would be the maximum your car would be worth to me.

If you want to sell a partially completed project car, be prepared to for a reality check that includes not necessarily getting your "investment" back.

url]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/jefftepper/IMG_0027_edited-1.jpg[/url]

*Principal wrench on this 69 Mach I*
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmach View Post
Sounds like a nice collection of parts, for sure... Hard to tell from the photos - is it all together? Does it run?
Starts and runs. The most I've driven it since I've gotten it to the above mentioned condition is around the block.

All interior pieces are present and in very good shape. The original seats will need some recovering though.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 08:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub4u View Post
Starts and runs. The most I've driven it since I've gotten it to the above mentioned condition is around the block.

All interior pieces are present and in very good shape. The original seats will need some recovering though.
I went back and looked at your other thread on the build...

Before I can tell you what I'd pay, I'd want to know a lot more - but I can't argue with JeffTepper - check prices for a finished 69 Fastback and then subtract what's left to be done. Interior, bodywork, paint, exhaust... maybe add a premium for the expensive upgrades, but you probably won't get much of your labor back.

Last time I checked, a base '69 Fastback in average condition (everything working, and presentable - a good, solid daily driver) was around $30,000. Which means, I wouldn't offer half of that... That said, this forum is probably the wrong place to ask. Have you checked Craigslist nationally to see what projects like yours are going for?

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=008732...29.3ov2o5nfkZ8

Take a look, quite interesting.... but those are just asking prices. An eBay search that included finished auctions might be more helpful.

1969 Mach-1 Mustang
460 / C6 / 9"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page