1967 Mustang Squeaks after wheel alignment - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1ofAMillion+

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

1967 Mustang Squeaks after wheel alignment

I have just rebuilt the front end of a 1967 Mustang Fastback. Everything was fine until I got a wheel alignment. It's squeaking. Every bump. Every time the front goes up and down it squeaks....... and here's something funny, I fixed the horn when I worked on the front end, problem was in the blinker switch (it has a built-in horn switch), and now it works when it wants to, also after the wheel alignment. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 03:11 PM

You should have gotten a print out from before then after telling what the numbers are. From that it could be deciphered to say which part might be more stressed than it was before. Either way its going to be the upper or lower unless they let the spring rotate somehow.
You might have tightened the LCA before it was down with weight on it, now the alignment is binding the rubber even worse.
2nd 66 likes this.

Verbose Vocabularian
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:47 PM

Garage
Have you tried greasing everything again? I recently rebuilt or I guess replaced all my front suspension as well. I assumed everything was already greased but I added more. After about two weeks I started to get a real loud screeching on every bump. I went and greased everything again and that cured 90% of the noise. It only happens on bumps that cause a lot of suspension travel now. I will probably shoot a bit more in to see if I can't stop it all.

1967 Mustang, mild 351W, 750 Demon, MSD, Pertronix, long tubes, Dan williams built top loader with Hurst shifter, #550 coils, 5 leaf mid-eye springs, 3:55's, CSRP disc brakes.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofAMillion+ View Post
You should have gotten a print out from before then after telling what the numbers are. From that it could be deciphered to say which part might be more stressed than it was before. Either way its going to be the upper or lower unless they let the spring rotate somehow.
You might have tightened the LCA before it was down with weight on it, now the alignment is binding the rubber even worse.
Don't have the time to do it right now but I will be putting it up on the hoist in a week or two and will be checking LCA........... that makes sence......... ....Thanks for the info...........
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycostang67 View Post
Have you tried greasing everything again? I recently rebuilt or I guess replaced all my front suspension as well. I assumed everything was already greased but I added more. After about two weeks I started to get a real loud screeching on every bump. I went and greased everything again and that cured 90% of the noise. It only happens on bumps that cause a lot of suspension travel now. I will probably shoot a bit more in to see if I can't stop it all.
I'm sure I got it all, but when it goes up in the air, I'll be rechecking everything............. and yes, my "squeak" loves the bumps........ Thanks .........
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Has far as the I horn is concerned............ contacts are shot......... funny that problem came up after wheel alignment...... guess it's "all in the timing"......
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:16 AM

Are you running urethane sway bar bushings? If so, that's a likely culprit for squeaking. Grease then liberally with dielectric grease.

Currently working on a 1970 Mach 1 project. See it here: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...ode-build.html
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Fixed

Finally got it up on the hoist......... some big dummy missed a grease fitting....... Upper on left......yep, it was me...... I was sure I got all of them but, everything is good now...... Thanks for all in info..........

Last edited by diggerjuly; 07-18-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page