Anyone need a project? - Vintage Mustang Forums
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By MikeG69
  • 1 Post By bmcgc
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bmcgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,969
Anyone need a project?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/c...921107629.html


1965 Mustang Coupe 289/C4
1967 Mustang Coupe 200/C4
2017 Mustang EB Premium
bmcgc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
MikeG69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,636
Garage
vegasloki and elcam84 like this.

2000 Ranger 4X4 (my DD)
1999 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
2008 Escape (spare)
1969 Mustang Coupe (project)
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom (wife's toy)
Build thread; http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html
AKA; mike65, member here since 12/00.
MikeG69 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 352
Too much work and parts needed and doesn't even include the trailer...
elcam84 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member
 
GypsyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: SC foothills, USA
Posts: 18,982
Garage
Hmm. He breaks down what he thinks all the parts are worth to come up with his total.
OK, buddy. How much is the VIN? Oh, neither you nor the car actually have that one thing? Hmm.
I bet some of those nuts over at SAAC would love a gander at this "documentation" he mentions.

Why is it on Atlanta's list when he's in Asheville, NC I wonder.
GypsyR is online now  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
Supporting Member
 
Groundpounder17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 480
So is he saying this is an actual Shelby or is he just trying to sell a basket case for $25k?

67 Fastback S Code, Brittany Blue

Work in progress
Groundpounder17 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
 
1968Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Hmm. He breaks down what he thinks all the parts are worth to come up with his total.
OK, buddy. How much is the VIN? Oh, neither you nor the car actually have that one thing? Hmm.
I bet some of those nuts over at SAAC would love a gander at this "documentation" he mentions.

Why is it on Atlanta's list when he's in Asheville, NC I wonder.
Many more eyeballs on the ATL craigslist.

Dave
'68 GTCS
8R01J
C4/PS/PB/AC
2/8/1968
1968Cally is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saint Simons Island, GA
Posts: 243
I’m confused...is it a real Shelby? He said it has the VIN tag for amusement purposes? Seems like if it were a real Shelby it would be worth restoring and not for parts...
Steven Ramage is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Denver(ish)
Posts: 729
Dollars to donuts that you can find the very same VIN on some other "genuine" GT500, which will also have the same proof that it's a "real" GT500.
jgrote is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Roy, UT
Posts: 1,526
Weird ad. It's a Shelby but the VIN is for "amusement"? Copy of the old title, but no actual title? If it was the real deal and he had the title for it why part the car out? Pretty sketchy.

Troy Arave
carguytroy is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
 
bbmach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Atl
Posts: 273
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguytroy View Post
Weird ad. It's a Shelby but the VIN is for "amusement"? Copy of the old title, but no actual title? If it was the real deal and he had the title for it why part the car out? Pretty sketchy.

Yup. Sounds like he already built his '67 Shelby... or someone else has from the VIN and original title. Why sell a car once, when you can twice?

1969 Mach-1 Mustang
460 / C6 / 9"
Back in Dixie DSO 22 (Charlotte)
bbmach is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bmcgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,969
Georgia is a non-title state for vehicles over 25 years old.

If I walk into my local DMV with a bill of sale I have ownership. I dont even need to have the car there, the car doesnt even need to exist.

The county will run a check to see if the VIN has been reported stolen, if not, all I have to do is provide proof of insurance and I walk out with a tag and registration.

If I move to a title state, I can then get the new state to issue me a title based on my Georgia documentation.

I suspect that many people with "suspect" titles advertise in Georgia to dump a car they cant get clear title to in their state.
GypsyR likes this.


1965 Mustang Coupe 289/C4
1967 Mustang Coupe 200/C4
2017 Mustang EB Premium
bmcgc is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saint Simons Island, GA
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
Georgia is a non-title state for vehicles over 25 years old.

If I walk into my local DMV with a bill of sale I have ownership. I dont even need to have the car there, the car doesnt even need to exist.

The county will run a check to see if the VIN has been reported stolen, if not, all I have to do is provide proof of insurance and I walk out with a tag and registration.

If I move to a title state, I can then get the new state to issue me a title based on my Georgia documentation.

I suspect that many people with "suspect" titles advertise in Georgia to dump a car they cant get clear title to in their state.
I contacted the guy. The car no longer has VIN plates so even here in GA I couldn’t get a title.

Do you have to have insurance to get the title though? I’m about to have to do it on my ‘67 coupe that i just bought. Wasn’t planning on insuring my parts heap just yet...
Steven Ramage is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lansing, the one in ILLINOIS
Posts: 9,751
On the SAACforum, he is known as "Pookie". Plenty of reading over there about his dealings.

Roddster
67 GT 350: MCA & SAAC Gold winner
67 S code GTA coupe
Roddster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome