tiffany pinstripe color 64.5 - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 3Likes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
Looking Good.... That's the way that its supposed to look and the way that it should be done. Bravo.

On another note, You do know that your S/S Wheel Center caps are supposed to be Red right??

Even though they've been selling Blue and Black S/S Center caps for over 30 years... The only S/S Wheel center cap color ever originally offered on '65-'66 from the factory was Red. I believe that even Ford themselves jumped on the bandwagon in '67 and started offering Black and Blue S/S Center caps...but only Red was correct for '65-'66 Production... In '67, Ford Did go to Blue S/S Center caps, but they are shaped differently than the '65-'66 ones.

With all that being said, The Blue S/S Center caps do look good... I'm just making you aware of it..

PS: Nice car!! I approve!

)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!

Last edited by NEFaurora; 07-12-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:04 PM

Garage
I'm amending my comment to add "elegant"! Very good execution!.

KenA..
64 1/2 Poppy Red Cvt. Resto-Mod
333 Cu.in. T5z, 3:55, Dual 40 mm DCOE Webers
Performer RPM, CI cam, TFS/TWs, Tri-Ys, Discs w/Shelby Drums
Severna Park, Maryland
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. To put it into perspective, here is the car in 1972 when I got it and it 1989 when I was ready to junk it (rust everywhere, top was totally shot, interior was in bad shape, motor wasn't running, etc.). Getting the motor rebuilt by the high school shop and the bodywork by the shop instructor allowed me to save it for the small sum that I could afford at the time so I am forever indebted to them. My goal now is to get Ford fenders and have a bodyshop I've used in the past for my C10 and my motorcycle go over it properly, replace and align the panels and get the gaps where they should be, but thats a few years down the road so for now, this is good.

Regarding the wheel centres Tony, yeah I know they should be red. As you can see in the old photo I started out with standard spinner caps but I found some 66 wire wheels and had them on till they were stolen. I put the original ones back on and they were stolen as well. With the insurance money I was able to find these used '66 styled steel rims (with trim rings) and put red centre caps on them. When a couple of the red caps were stolen, I replaced them all and decided to cheat and go with the blue. I'll likely go back to red some day but for now the blue works for me because of the blue top and interior. i appreciate the heads up on it though. The more i can know about the car the better. I've been trying for a couple of years to find the original owner to get more info on it and its history before I bought it (no luck). Funny how they become like one of your kids.

I need to get the wheels redone at some point as the chrome is pitted and the paint in the recessed area is in various stages of being worn off. I don't really want to go with the reproduction wheels but from what I hear it is hard to find someone to work on the stud type of wheel for liability reasons. Just curious if anyone else has had theirs refurbished.

Thanks again guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mustang circa 1972.jpg (141.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 9.16.25 PM.jpg (200.2 KB, 7 views)

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFaurora View Post
Looking Good.... That's the way that its supposed to look and the way that it should be done. Bravo.

On another note, You do know that your S/S Wheel Center caps are supposed to be Red right??

Even though they've been selling Blue and Black S/S Center caps for over 30 years... The only S/S Wheel center cap color ever originally offered on '65-'66 from the factory was Red. I believe that even Ford themselves jumped on the bandwagon in '67 and started offering Black and Blue S/S Center caps...but only Red was correct for '65-'66 Production... In '67, Ford Did go to Blue S/S Center caps, but they are shaped differently than the '65-'66 ones.

With all that being said, The Blue S/S Center caps do look good... I'm just making you aware of it..

PS: Nice car!! I approve!

)

Tony K.
I put blue centers on my wheels because it's a blue car, and the red would look weird to me. And yeah, I knew that red was what was original, but since the blue was available, I went that way. So far only one person has pointed that out to me. But I think it looks better with the blue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page