Sacramento County: Illegal to Work on Your Own Car in Your Own Garage - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 102Likes
Closed Thread

post #31 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:09 PM

Don't make a spectacle of yourself and you'll be fine. I live in a place that could use more restrictions now that rednecks have money so I'm going to move. I don't really have a problem with that as long as the rednecks are also paying taxes.

65 C Code hardtop from California still wearing it's original paint.
Roller 331, TW 170 heads, T-5z, FiTech EFI, FPA Headers, Arvinode exhaust, SoT Bilstien coilover front suspension, TJ on eBay 8" 3.40 Trac-Loc 3rd member. Mustang Steve 2008 GT bracketed 12.4" front disks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
Is anyone really surprised at this?!

Pretty soon they'll be fining Californians for Breathing Fresh air and expelling Carbon Dioxide

Another reason to not even consider living/moving to California...

Only real "oppressionists" could take such a beautiful state and make it unlivable...

"Just work with the door closed and you will probably be fine."

That's the whole point... You shouldn't have to close your garage....(outside of an HOA area.) This is America.

...Like you working on your car doing an oil change or tune-up on your own driveway (is a dirty thing)...

Give me a break.

)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!

Last edited by NEFaurora; 07-05-2019 at 07:29 PM.
post #33 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang4SF View Post
One of the reasons I moved from Germany to the USA was the overload of regulations in Germany. Seems like California wants to catch up and establish a stupid law for everything...
Thatís why I live in rural Pennsylvania. Nobody cares what you do. A carry and conceal permit to carry a hand gun cost $20 and 10 minutes of your time if youíre so inclined
Russstang, Huntingky, rpm and 2 others like this.

Tom

One thing great about getting older. A life in prison sentence is less of a deterrence

post #34 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifter2 View Post
Back in the 90's here in cali the legislature was trying to pass a law that would make it illegal to work on your own car,close all auto parts stores and make it where you had to take your car to the dealer you bought it from for maintaince and repair.
I would have remembered that. I don't remember it. Are you sure that was a thing?

67 Hardtop, brought it back to a driver
http://desertratretro.com
post #35 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:05 PM

Location: Granite Bay, California, 5 minutes from Folsom Lake
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallguy View Post
I live in Sac County. I am not running a business out of my garage. I have zero worries but appreciate you posting the link.

As for living in California, I could care less what others think of this magnificent state. Expensive, yep. liberal, yep in some places, high humidity, nope, frozen tundra in the winter, nope, drive your vert year round, yep. I have lived here 48 or my 48 years and there is nowhere else I would ever live.
That article is a bit far-fetched, and sensationalized for the press, but they do keep an eye on things here.

I live in Sacramento, average very middle-class neighborhood, and I've been working on my cars at home since I got here 30 yrs ago. I don't leave a mess of cars out, but a couple months ago I removed the transfer case out of my BMW X5 suv that was parked in the street. I zip-tied up the drive shafts, but one fell down and was very visible to passing cars. Within a week I had a big orange code enforcement warning that in 48 hours the vehicle would be towed at my expense because it was non-functioning and on the city streets. That was my bad, I shouldn't have done that. It's probably good they keep an eye on things because or else it'd be a big mess out there of broken cars and it'd hurt home values.

All sorts of cars around in various states of repair, but as long as it's on your property, they leave you alone, as long as you aren't in a tight HOA or CC&R zone.
post #36 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:28 PM

Garage
Life is about options. I can live in a more restricted area if I want, with all the perks and quirks that go along with it. I can also live in the middle of a forest where I can pretty much do whatever I want. I chose the latter. But itís pretty much my choice either way.

Get off my back, get out of my pocket....

1965 2+2 painted (66) Vintage Burgundy, 1998 roller 5.0 with GT40P heads, plans are for Sniper, T5 and 3:55 rear.
post #37 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:58 PM

Iíve been following this web site pertaining to daily crude oil prices and related news. Itís actually pretty interesting. One of the topics was the law suites brought on by several big cities through out the US on carbon emissions against big oil. One of the interesting things in all cases it was the same law firm. The article went on to say a lot of the laws written by some of these environmentalist were so poorly crafted it appeared deliberate that the cases would be thrown out of court to big oils favor. The cities lost money but the law form that but these cities up to it came out the winner. Itís probably something similar for publicity

Tom

One thing great about getting older. A life in prison sentence is less of a deterrence

post #38 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasloki View Post
Some of you need to give the California hate a rest. I see it's fashionable here to pile on to a place you don't like basically because it's different, or at least you think it's different, than you.
I live in this state of California...people are crazy here. Soo, so, backwards in so many ways. I don't get the laws they're making these days. Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile...what's next.

Matt
Brea, CA

1965 Mustang Coupe 289 a/t Build Thread
1967 Firebird 400 4sp
1967 GTO 400 a/t
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
post #39 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:33 PM
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
I would have remembered that. I don't remember it. Are you sure that was a thing?
yes it was. Me and other friends made many calls to Sacramento and raised hell about it. Iirc it was on the TV news and in the LA Times once. You got to look at the news paper everyday and the TV news or radio news everyday. Lots of stuff going on that you only hear about once. I have lived in LA since 1987 and been hot rodding since 1973. There has been talk in Sacramento the past several years about passing a lot to make ALL 1997-2007 light duty diesel pickups install a DPF system. Problem is the expense and nobody making a retrofit for light dutys right now. I have a 2001,2002, and 2006 diesel pickups and am keeping my ear open to stand against this.

Last edited by supershifter2; 07-05-2019 at 10:37 PM.
post #40 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Some of you need to give the California hate a rest. I see it's fashionable here to pile on to a place you don't like basically because it's different, or at least you think it's different, than you.
well we are NOT going to give it a rest. We like the climate, the land , the location but we HATE the dictating politicians that are telling us what we can and cant drive and what kind of light bulb we can have. I am surprised they havent dictated what kind of geetar amp we can have. You cant do this you cant so that inside your own house. It is illegal to have a home recording studio in your house where you write songs and sell them in a residential area. I could get fined for having my drums,guitars,hammond C3 , Tascam reel to reels, Midas mixer , etc in my house that I use to write and record my own songs because I live in a residential area. I am not bothering anyone and my place is soundproof and you cant hear anything on the outside. But dictater politicians dont care. There is less freedom in cali then in new york. I have also lived in Atlanta, VA Beach, Iowa, Wyoming,Texas,mississippi, and probably somewhere else I forgot about. I just got back from a trip to new york and the deep south. I like cali but hate the politicians of all parties here. Its all about controlling what you do. There was a news article a while back that said San Francisco was going after home dwellers that using their garage for storage. WTF ! A while back in georgia a couple was fined because there 2 daughters came to vist during spring break. They went to different collages and each had a car. The local law stated that all vehicles must be parked inside a garage overnight. No parking in the driveway overnight. WTF ! They have a 2 car garage that there cars are in. What are the 2 daughters suppose to do ? So there was an uprising and I didnt hear anymore about what happened.

PS. You dont even live here so whats it to you ?
Groundpounder17 and DrHawkeye like this.
post #41 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifter2 View Post
You dont even live here so whats it to you ?
Born there. Raised there. Family still there including three adult children and an adult grandchild. Visit often. Own retirement property there. I've lived there longer than you have at this point and will again once I retire in a few years. I'm here because for my "day gig" you move to where the work is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustmatt View Post
I live in this state of California...people are crazy here. Soo, so, backwards in so many ways. I don't get the laws they're making these days. Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile...what's next.
I was raised in OC. It's an outlier politically not representative of the state as a whole.

EDIT: Hey, did you guys just send us an earthquake? It was long and shaky.

67 Hardtop, brought it back to a driver
http://desertratretro.com

Last edited by vegasloki; 07-05-2019 at 11:23 PM.
post #42 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskinhano View Post
Thatís why I live in rural Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia on one side Pittsburgh on the other and Alabama in between
Huskinhano and subpar63 like this.

Verbose Vocabularian
post #43 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
Don't make a spectacle of yourself and you'll be fine. I live in a place that could use more restrictions now that rednecks have money so I'm going to move. I don't really have a problem with that as long as the rednecks are also paying taxes.
I have no problem with Nailbender as we exchange ideas and knowledge and also sometimes disagree (no worries), but as moderators ( @GypsyR, @Israel, @patrickstapler) you absolutely CAN'T let a statement like this go un-noticed.

I couldn't care less if someone calls me or anyone else a redneck, but if you change redneck to any other word in this post it would be deleted and/or the thread shutdown.

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread
post #44 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:

EDIT: Hey, did you guys just send us an earthquake? It was long and shaky.
Yup we did. Just saying hello from Ridgecrest........

As the drill sergeant said, "I taught you everything you know. I didn't teach you everything I know."

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
- Douglas Adams
post #45 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnall View Post
I have no problem with Nailbender as we exchange ideas and knowledge and also sometimes disagree (no worries), but as moderators ( @GypsyR, @Israel, @patrickstapler) you absolutely CAN'T let a statement like this go un-noticed.

I couldn't care less if someone calls me or anyone else a redneck, but if you change redneck to any other word in this post it would be deleted and/or the thread shutdown.

Allen

Itís not like anyoneís been called a Louisiana Coon Azz,....
Turnall and Groundpounder17 like this.

Ex-wife,....."You drove how far for that thing?"
Daughter,..."Theres no inside and it stinks."
Friend,......."Dude, thatís a rusted pile."
Son,.........."This old car is cool."

USMC Security Forces, Kamiseya Japan, 0311

Build Thread: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...sted-pile.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page