Sacramento County: Illegal to Work on Your Own Car in Your Own Garage - Page 4 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 102Likes

post #46 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasloki View Post
Hey, did you guys just send us an earthquake? It was long and shaky.
Yup, the first one wasn't big enough, so just sent another larger one, LOL!

Spent 61 of my first 63 years there, half in West L.A. and half in the I.E. When I retired, there was no way I was going to stay. Just too much of a rat race anymore and the politics have been covered already.

All the nonsense that has happened in the last 3 years since leaving just confirms I made the right decision to get out.
j persons, DrHawkeye and vegasloki like this.

Alan
1970 Mach 1 Coyote powered restomod in progress. Started 10/2016.
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...mod-build.html
2017 Mustang GT AT donor purchased 9/2017.
FFR MK4 sold 3/1/2018.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
Dude, You're in Prescott, AZ! Great place to live! (Arizona's best well kept secret)...

I may retire there someday..

)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!
post #48 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Itís not like anyoneís been called a Louisiana Coon Azz,....
As long as it's equal opportunity name calling them I'm good with it...

Allen
Israel likes this.

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread

post #49 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnall View Post
I have no problem with Nailbender as we exchange ideas and knowledge and also sometimes disagree (no worries), but as moderators ( @GypsyR, @Israel, @patrickstapler) you absolutely CAN'T let a statement like this go un-noticed.

I couldn't care less if someone calls me or anyone else a redneck, but if you change redneck to any other word in this post it would be deleted and/or the thread shutdown.

Allen
So they call me a redneck where I work because I live way out of the city and yes near the river. I didn't mean to offend and my neighbors seem proud of it.
Israel and Huntingky like this.

65 C Code hardtop from California still wearing it's original paint.
Roller 331, TW 170 heads, T-5z, FiTech EFI, FPA Headers, Arvinode exhaust, SoT Bilstien coilover front suspension, TJ on eBay 8" 3.40 Trac-Loc 3rd member. Mustang Steve 2008 GT bracketed 12.4" front disks
post #50 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 08:31 PM

Garage
But my neck IS red Also lower arms and legs from just above my knees to my ankles. Cyclist tan....is that bad??

Get off my back, get out of my pocket....

1965 2+2 painted (66) Vintage Burgundy, 1998 roller 5.0 with GT40P heads, plans are for Sniper, T5 and 3:55 rear.
post #51 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
So they call me a redneck where I work because I live way out of the city and yes near the river. I didn't mean to offend and my neighbors seem proud of it.
I know northern Indiana quite well. Calling someone a redneck there is a casual insult...kinda like me calling someone a yo-yo or a honn-yock, whatever a honn-yock is.

Early 65
1998 5.0, fitech efi, holley in tank returnless pump
4R70W transmission with USShift quick 2 controller
3.00:1 8" open rear end
post #52 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Born there. Raised there. Family still there including three adult children and an adult grandchild. Visit often. Own retirement property there. I've lived there longer than you have at this point and will again once I retire in a few years. I'm here because for my "day gig" you move to where the work is.

I was raised in OC. It's an outlier politically not representative of the state as a whole.

EDIT: Hey, did you guys just send us an earthquake? It was long and shaky.
OC is changing though. Been here since birth (70's)...bummer. Prop 13 keeps my taxes lower than other popular states like Texas for instance.

Matt
Brea, CA

1965 Mustang Coupe 289 a/t Build Thread
1967 Firebird 400 4sp
1967 GTO 400 a/t
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
post #53 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 09:53 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
Not really into censoring things over what COULD have been said. I would think if being called a redneck was such a bad thing my neighbors wouldn't be sporting bumpers stickers proclaiming that they are proud to be such.

The idea of a ticket being issued because a driveshaft is hanging down boggles my mind. Look at this.
Quick phone pic on my way home today.

Neighbor's kid wrecked a Toyota. It sat for a while then he started parting it out. Eventually it was pretty naked then finally disappeared. No worries. Apparently he made enough to really help fund the replacement. Now these two (Tahoes?) have appeared. As is. I've seen him removing a part or two. Imagine THIS in the Sacramento as described here! I've been sort of half meaning to ask about them what was up with these but if I start bothering them, they might start asking ME questions. Their place is otherwise quite well kept. This is actually the good side of these two vehicles, the other view is worse. Doesn't bother me. Even my wife hasn't said anything. Now the guy down the road determined to build a storage building out of used pallets despite his apparent complete lack of carpentry skills....
I don't know, but I suspect if I called either of these two fellas a "redneck" they'd look at me like "Yes, and...?"
RTM and indygta like this.
post #54 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I would have remembered that. I don't remember it. Are you sure that was a thing?
I remember that. The law didn't pass. At the time I was living on the left coast, just north of LA. They did pass a law that if someone were caught street racing, their car would be impounded and sent to the crusher. The crusher law was eventually thrown out
supershifter2 likes this.

John

The Fauxstang. Dynacorn 67 fastback. Dart SHP 363, Close ratio Magnum 6 speed, 3.70 Eaton Truetrac in a fabricated full floater 9", SorT coil over suspension. Still in pieces.
'14 SHO with most all the bells and whistles. Stock for now.
F-150 SCab daily driver
post #55 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
I live in a place that could use more restrictions now that rednecks have money so I'm going to move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnall View Post
I couldn't care less if someone calls me or anyone else a redneck, but if you change redneck to any other word in this post it would be deleted and/or the thread shutdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Not really into censoring things over what COULD have been said.
Just re-read what I said.

Thanks,

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread
post #56 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:24 PM

Garage
Years ago, many years, I took my first ever airplane flight from Charlotte to LA. Had a meeting with the Western Hemisphere VP of EG&G Astrophysics in Long Beach to look at some X-ray machines. I had time to kill afterwards so I drove to San Onofre nuclear station to do some benchmarking. While I was there I remember seeing a lot of activity getting a crane boom lowered. When I asked what the hurry was I was told it was because it was Friday. Didnít understand, thought maybe they rented it for a week and had to get it back to the crane rental to avoid overage fees or something. Then they explained there was a county ordinance that said you could not leave anything up over the weekend that affected the view of the skyline. I grinned, waiting for the punchline. There wasnít one, they were serious. I flew back east as quick as I could.

Get off my back, get out of my pocket....

1965 2+2 painted (66) Vintage Burgundy, 1998 roller 5.0 with GT40P heads, plans are for Sniper, T5 and 3:55 rear.
post #57 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFaurora View Post
Dude, You're in Prescott, AZ! Great place to live! (Arizona's best well kept secret)...

I may retire there someday..

)

Tony K.
Well, not such a well kept secret anymore. Prescott goes through the real estate roller coaster like nowhere else I have seen. The highs are good, the lows are very low. We were fortunate to buy in 2016, just before the end of the last low cycle. The best time would have been in 2011/2012, but we all know about hindsight.

My wife and I love the place, it pains us every time we have to visit CA for family events. There has been a lot of growth in the last 2 years. We live further outside of the Prescott City limits, so not a huge change except for all the construction traffic. The crazy place is Prescott Valley, reminds me of South O.C. where all the building occurred there back in the 80's. Anyway, Prescott is big enough without being too big, if you know what I mean.

If you get curious and are going to check out the area, send me a PM and we can meet up when you are here.

Alan
1970 Mach 1 Coyote powered restomod in progress. Started 10/2016.
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...mod-build.html
2017 Mustang GT AT donor purchased 9/2017.
FFR MK4 sold 3/1/2018.
post #58 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:03 PM

“Then they explained there was a county ordinance that said you could not leave anything up over the weekend that affected the view of the skyline. I grinned, waiting for the punchline. There wasn’t one, they were serious. I flew back east as quick as I could.”

Plenty of east coast communities where billboards are outlawed and business signs can’t be too big or too tall. Kinda makes it hard to find the business you’re looking for when the trees are blocking all the signs.
There are also “historic” communities where it is dictated how you restore/repair/upgrade/decorate or otherwise maintain your home and property.

1970 Mustang coupe
post #59 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2me View Post
I know northern Indiana quite well. Calling someone a redneck there is a casual insult...kinda like me calling someone a yo-yo or a honn-yock, whatever a honn-yock is.
When I was growing up in NW Ind in the '70s, there were many that were proud to be rednecks, not much of an insult to them.
indygta likes this.
post #60 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:43 PM

REDNECK!?! I resemble that remark!
indygta and 68Hildago like this.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page