Come on CJ Pony Parts... Good grief!! - Vintage Mustang Forums
 19Likes

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Come on CJ Pony Parts... Good grief!!

Trying to purchase a brake line kit for my 66. It's been a 30-45 min hold since they opened (sitting at my desk on hold for two hours), tried to use the "hit 1 for a call back when available" and that didnt work. Sat on live chat with a rep for hour and a half who said they would honor yesterdays price since the manager was in a meeting and I had waited so long. Asked to put in my cart then she would adj price only to have her disconnected from the chat when I did so. Now live chat is down.... I went to check out in hopes I could call back and have them adjust the price but now it wants to charge me for shipping when it says this item qualifies for free shipping!!

WTF is going on over there??

Watch the progress on my 66 coupe here,
http://photobucket.com/projecttetanus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Dimples

Garage
Sounds like standard operating procedure to me.

The anvil of reality.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 01:17 PM

Garage
They have great pics of items they don't stock and most always are the first vendor that pops up in a Google search . to bad they gave such poor customer service

Brad

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 01:22 PM

I'm simply not going to work that hard to spend my money with someone when there's plenty of other places that are happy to take it. I stopped doing business with CJPP a while back. Summit and NPD get my money now.
dh_66_fastback and EvenFlow like this.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 01:59 PM

+1 for Summit and NPD

I've had the same really bad experiences with CJPP and their very fast declining customer service. I only come back when Summit doesn't stock the part and on occasion for the free shipping. And I've spent A LOT of $$$ there.

On the flip side, someone there has plenty of time to post on Instagram.
dh_66_fastback and EvenFlow like this.

Last edited by 67unicorn; 07-09-2019 at 02:02 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:07 PM

Agree with all, ordered parts last week. Half arrived. Call for status 55 minute wait, cant find info on website.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:15 PM

1. NPD for everything
2. Summit for things NPD doesn't have
3. CJPP for the pretty pictures (and they do have some nice how to videos on you tube)
4. VMF for advice/knowledge/ and to read more CJPP complaints- lol
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:46 PM

They charged me over $17 to ground ship a three-wire harness in a box less than 5-inches square, that only cost $24 to start with, and it took over 8 days to arrive.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:51 PM

I called yesterday to order up new TMI door panels, and the "Machine" said 60 minutes. I ordered direct from TMI

I doubt I will ever call them again
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 04:12 PM

Garage
For me, they are just another website selling mustang parts to people who aren't fed up with them (yet.) I look at their pictures, prices, and videos, the things that they have offered for free to the internet. I have no incentive to buy from them though. I use the other places that people upthread have mentioned.

Bill

6F07C
Color: Y
Trim: 22
Axle: 6
Trans: 6
Build Date: July 18, 1966

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 04:48 PM

Garage
Ha, just saw a CJPP add on FB saying what outstanding customer service they have
Huskinhano and 68Hildago like this.

Brad
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:24 PM

I mentioned this on another thread, but Iíve been away from Mustangs for 3 years, and I canít believe how far CJPP has slipped in that time.

They really seem to be circling the drain now...
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:38 PM

I reviewed the Jim Osborn Reproductions Wiring Diagram Manual 1964-1/2 and rated it 1 star about a week ago. It's not posted yet, maybe those "star" ratings aren't accurate at CJ Pony.

64 1/2 coupe 260 automatic
Mfg date 8 days after the Mustang debut
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:03 PM

I stopped buying from them years ago. I have no love loss for them. The last straw was when I placed a phone order only to find out the same item was on Internet sale. Any other store no matter what they sell will give you a heads up if the item is on sale elsewhere in their format or will be on sale. So I called back to complain it was on sale and it wasnít mentioned. I was told I could send back the item on my dime and rebuy it on the Internet and pay shipping again. I spoke with one of the owners of CJPP and his comment to me was why should we tell you itís on sale, Iíd loose money. Great customer support. Never again will I buy anything from them.

Tom

One thing great about getting older. A life in prison sentence is less of a deterrence

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:26 PM

Bought 3 point seat belts (fronts) from CJ's Took a little over a week to arrive. One belt was assembled "backwards" so I had to buy another set and use the correct belt then return the second order for refund. Talking to customer service was painful and required a lot of pictures for them (and countless emails) to even consider agreeing with me. Took about 3-4 weeks to end that debacle. Finally (today) got an email stating my credit was processed. Will see if it hits the bank account. And yes - their hold times are ridiculous and their callback option could use a lot of improvement.

Bought my rears from seatbeltsplus yesterday for 50$ less and they should be here on Thursday. Same manufacturer. *shrug*.

No more CJP for me (other than their youtube videos).

My 2 cents.

-J

----------------------------------------------------------------
John in SC
Formerly Studiopet_2005
1966 Coupe - 302 with some stuff on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page