Anyone see Fast & Loud Last night? - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 65Likes

post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:52 AM

Chad already had a Dynacorn "Bullet" that gateway Motors built for him in 2008 IIRC.
vegasloki likes this.

'66 GT350H-3 time cover car - Car Craft July'77,Modified Mustangs and Fords Feb2011 ( w/article), Mustang Monthly June 2014. Bracket raced by me for the last 44 years. Yes it is a real one.
'68.5 R code GT fastback
'67 Ranchero 408W -427 glass hood
'78 F350 "Oleynik" car hauler
Ford Experimental parts collector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpounder17 View Post
I donít watch F & L but I did watch this episode. I hate all the made up drama, BS timelines, and fabricated setbacks. I wish there was a show that would just get a project and actually show more of the work and whatís involved using it as a somewhat teaching moment. They could stretch each car out for several episodes. They could show the thought processes involved in a restoration and the sequencing of events. I would also prefer a smaller crew working on the cars.
With some of the builds Iíve seen here we have folks on this site that could create just the show Iím looking for.
I don't believe for a second that they built that in 32 days. The production planning alone probably took 3 months.

They at least gave mention to R Mustang in San Francisco, an old time Mustang parts dealer, repair/restoration shop.
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpmaz#1gt350h View Post
ol, however the original Mustang with the 330hp 390 one legger sure did produce a lot more tire smoke in my opinion.
Don
The movie car had a hole cut into the wheel well and a smoke machine belching it out
I do think older tires did smoke easier though.

I watched "The Hunter" again a few nights ago and payed more attention to the running joke that McQueen couldn't drive well or handle a high powered car was hilarious with the T/A, like the throttle was an on/off switch.

Verbose Vocabularian

post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Just watched the episode. It was pretty cool to see the Bullitt recreated but some of it had the typical F&L cheesiness. It would have been really awesome to see them take the car to the next level with modern updates vs building back to original spec.
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:51 PM

Location: Granite Bay, California, 5 minutes from Folsom Lake
Garage
I agree that F&L is a bunch of bs nowadays. It was fun in the first season or two when Dick Rawlings was actually trying to pay the bills with the profit on his builds. Once he got that $17 million Dodge contract it all turned into BS. Fake builds fake deadlines, total scripting. Top fuel drag racing? Monster truck competition? Total joke.

But anyways, had to watch that episode because they rented that black dodge challenger from an old friend of mine, paid him a big rental fee, a stunt script, movie plates and bought him new wheels and tires. Lol from the way they JUMPED his car I'm just hoping the damage is fixable for that fee! He said it was just a few scratches underneath. Funny...
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofAMillion+ View Post
The movie car had a hole cut into the wheel well and a smoke machine belching it out
I do think older tires did smoke easier though.

I watched "The Hunter" again a few nights ago and payed more attention to the running joke that McQueen couldn't drive well or handle a high powered car was hilarious with the T/A, like the throttle was an on/off switch.
I occasionally pull up the video of the chase through the corn field just to get a good laugh, it is one of the most hilarious scenes ever filmed. I thought it was neat when the cartoon "Cars" made a little tip of the hat to it in one scene in a field.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I wish there was a show that would just get a project and actually show more of the work and whatís involved using it as a somewhat teaching moment. They could stretch each car out for several episodes. They could show the thought processes involved in a restoration and the sequencing of events.
Edd China has been pitching a show like that (or at least he was) and no one was biting. One car, one TV season start to finish. It's expensive to do which is one of the reasons they changed how they shot Wheeler Dealers. You see Anstead doing some tasks but the bulk of the work is done by an in house crew and contractors. There could be 4-5 vehicles in that shop as they shoot the episodes in parallel.

The closest thing to what you're looking for would be either All Girls Garage, Garage Squad or even Graveyard Cars over the last couple of seasons. Worman is a wacky mofo but he does give classic Mopar knowledge and techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by degins View Post
I don't believe for a second that they built that in 32 days. The production planning alone probably took 3 months.
They don't do preproduction planning with either the builds or the production of the TV show. That's one of the issues with the TV builds. Kaufman has talked about it in a couple of interviews. They get an idea, start the build, find the parts and go from there. There is little to no engineering and planning like you'd see at Kindig or Diesel Sellerz/Sparks.

67 Hardtop, brought it back to a driver
http://desertratretro.com
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:44 PM

Garage
I've watched F&L from the beginning, it was more fun when they were super excited to make a $2000 profit on a flip in their tiny shop, but I still watch. Jason knows his stuff and he's a Mustang guy all the way. Aaron is what made the show, but it's still ok, even if RR is really cheesy. Fake deadlines and drama, but it's still TV and not too bad in my opinion. But the Bullit car and the chase scene recreation was cool. Really making me second guess my paint scheme...

1968 Mustang Coupe - work in progress
1965 Ford F100 flareside pickup - daily driver
post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:13 PM

Garage
I was traveling and a bunch of the F&L episodes were on back-to-back in the hotel. I saw one where they had a 65 Shelby with a frozen motor that they (allegedly) bought for $300k and (allegedly) sold for $450k after asking something like $600k.
Ridiculous.
I agree the first couple seasons were better, when they actually had driver cars in the shop. Now everything is custom and way overpriced to be on the road.

___
JeffH

66 Coupe, 302-4V, SROD
(had to create new username when I changed email address)
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j persons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
I would rather watch Nancy Pelosi swing on a pole.......
Or a noose.

So would your mom.

289; .30 over bore; Weiand intake, 500 cfm 4bbl carb; re-curved dizzy;
Lowering coil springs on front; reverse eye leafs,
2.25 tri-y's; H-pipe; 40 flowmaster, trans-go shift kit.
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:53 PM

Garage
Talking Just a guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
So why hasnt Dodge marketed a Bullit Charger?
but probably hard to find 19" wheel covers......

Get off my back, get out of my pocket....

1965 2+2 painted (66) Vintage Burgundy, 1998 roller 5.0 with GT40P heads, plans are for Sniper, T5 and 3:55 rear.
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfreq View Post
I agree that F&L is a bunch of bs nowadays. It was fun in the first season or two when Dick Rawlings was actually trying to pay the bills with the profit on his builds. Once he got that $17 million Dodge contract it all turned into BS. Fake builds fake deadlines, total scripting. Top fuel drag racing? Monster truck competition? Total joke.

But anyways, had to watch that episode because they rented that black dodge challenger from an old friend of mine, paid him a big rental fee, a stunt script, movie plates and bought him new wheels and tires. Lol from the way they JUMPED his car I'm just hoping the damage is fixable for that fee! He said it was just a few scratches underneath. Funny...
Best name for him, because that's exactly what he is. Actually that's one of the nicer words I'd use to describe him.
Blue Blood, Woodchuck and Fishfreq like this.
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 06:53 PM

*** Monkey Garage 😂😂😂

Not a fan of Richard Rollins - he has short man syndrome!!

"Do it right the first time...it will cost you less in the long run."
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:31 PM

C'mon guys. That show is as real as it gets. In one episode (Dick) bought a garage find 32 Ford all era correct with a flathead V8, Offy heads, 3 Stromberg 97's on an aluminum intake, Nash dash, etc. Loaded it up on the trailer to take it back to the shop and when they unloaded it, it was an stock iron headed single carb different color 32. I'm no genius but my guess is (Dick) drove through Chicago on his way back to his shop and all the cool pieces were stolen and replaced with stock items and the perps painted the car to ward off suspicion. Hard to feel someone stealing chit on your trailer when your going 70 mph but things happen. Love the deadlines too. Getting a rolling shell back from the paint shop at 8pm Thursday and it has to be at auction at 8am Friday finished and driving. What's not believable about that?
Groundpounder17 and Fishfreq like this.
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
I wish there was a show that would just get a project and actually show more of the work and whatís involved using it as a somewhat teaching moment. They could stretch each car out for several episodes. They could show the thought processes involved in a restoration and the sequencing of events. I would also prefer a smaller crew working on the cars.
With some of the builds Iíve seen here we have folks on this site that could create just the show Iím looking for.
Isn't this more of less Roadkill and Roadkill Garage?

I'm kinda late to the party but actually find more enjoyment watching some Youtube stuff than "TV"... Mike Finnegan has his own Youtube channel that is about as DIY as "tv production" gets. He essentially has a couple cameras on tripods and records typically him and another guy working on some project. That type of stuff might be more up your alley... I'm sure there is way more, i'm just not there yet.

-RD
vegasloki likes this.

An Aussie kid living in LA.....

My '66 Coupe Project Journal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page