Anyone see Fast & Loud Last night? - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 51Likes

post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:02 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDraytone View Post
Isn't this more of less Roadkill and Roadkill Garage?

I'm kinda late to the party but actually find more enjoyment watching some Youtube stuff than "TV"... Mike Finnegan has his own Youtube channel that is about as DIY as "tv production" gets. He essentially has a couple cameras on tripods and records typically him and another guy working on some project. That type of stuff might be more up your alley... I'm sure there is way more, i'm just not there yet.

-RD
I donít know. Iíve never seen roadkill garage. I donít watch much TV

67 Fastback S Code, Brittany Blue

Work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
I would rather watch Nancy Pelosi swing on a pole.......

Wow, just thinking of thatÖI threw up in my mouth a little bit! Ha!
Groundpounder17 likes this.
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygta View Post
Wow, just thinking of thatÖI threw up in my mouth a little bit! Ha!
Sorry, but I have to question your allegiance if you didn't all out hurl...

Allen
indygta likes this.

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degins View Post
I don't believe for a second that they built that in 32 days. The production planning alone probably took 3 months.
After I posted my first response it hit me you were probably talking about the stunt and not the build. So I reached out to the SF Film Commission, the entity that issues the permits and indeed Pilgrim (the company that produces Fast and Loud) pulled the permits and was in charge of the stunt shoot with Fast and Loud being the intended production. They're getting back to me on when the permit application was filed and when the shoot occurred.

Doesn't look like this was a Chad McQueen fronted deal unless he first approached them about the stunt. McQueen didn't get the permits. Craig Pilgrim would have let Rawlings know this was going to happen from the get go. It might have even been Rawlings idea in the first place. The stunt was pretty cool though I thought watching the build was mediocre. I find the build threads here more interesting.

67 Hardtop, brought it back to a driver
http://desertratretro.com
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:38 PM

Way to make this subtly political...

Roadkill and Roadkill Garage are the only REAL reality car shows. I have to credit them with motivating me and getting me out into my garage to finish my project.

I'd include Engine Masters but that's less Reality TV and more Educational Television, like PBS.

I don't like Fast & Loud because the main character is an obnoxious narcissist who can't STFU. Which seems to be going around these days.
arbys and 66ryan like this.

1965 Mustang
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
Roadkill and Roadkill Garage are the only REAL reality car shows. I have to credit them with motivating me and getting me out into my garage to finish my project.
The Strope or Kindig or Joe Martin shows are real. While they don't walk through it step by step you can glean some tips. The Power Nation shows are indeed like an educational channel. Shows like Worman or Sparks have quite a bit of over the top shenanigans but you can still get some good tips. In Worman's case he's like a classic Mopar training video these days. A far cry from the first few seasons. There is still the dancing, corny jokes and his movie obsession but if you're a vintage Mopar lover there is a ton of good info in the show.

post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasloki View Post
After I posted my first response it hit me you were probably talking about the stunt and not the build. So I reached out to the SF Film Commission, the entity that issues the permits and indeed Pilgrim (the company that produces Fast and Loud) pulled the permits and was in charge of the stunt shoot with Fast and Loud being the intended production. They're getting back to me on when the permit application was filed and when the shoot occurred.

Doesn't look like this was a Chad McQueen fronted deal unless he first approached them about the stunt. McQueen didn't get the permits. Craig Pilgrim would have let Rawlings know this was going to happen from the get go. It might have even been Rawlings idea in the first place. The stunt was pretty cool though I thought watching the build was mediocre. I find the build threads here more interesting.
Wow, you know how to dig!
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:32 PM

The timeline is a bit closer to what they were saying on the show. The permits were pulled in early February and the shoot was April 15-20. Based on what I read regarding getting a permit it looks like at least a couple weeks probably closer to a month. There is info that is submitted, fire, police, medical, parking, notifications to those in the area impacted and the like. That puts them at about mid March for the permit and mid April for the shoot. But why didn't they start when they pulled the permits? It's not like it's rocket science getting them. Almost a slam dunk as long as pros are working on it. Maybe they did start the car that soon but like the rest of the Gas Monkey builds they push the "it's late" drama. I'm not so sure thrashing to just meet the deadline is something I'd want to market. It's great they make the deadlines but I wouldn't want anything I had built going to the wire like that.

post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:34 PM

I don't have cable and didn't even realize this show was still being made. But I just watched it last night. Entertaining show, but very disappointing that they did not get as much air as the original.
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasloki View Post
The Strope or Kindig or Joe Martin shows are real.
Not sure I've seen The Strope, but I agree, Kindig and Joe Martin are, at least for me, not only entertaining but educational to an extent as well. Also, I hate the fake drama of most of the shows...

Allen
vegasloki likes this.

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

My go fast build thread: Go Fast Build Thread
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:59 PM

Garage
I really like Joe Martin and the iron resurrection shows, I would have Shorty paint my ride in a heartbeat!
Blue Blood, Turnall and vegasloki like this.

1968 Mustang Coupe - work in progress
1965 Ford F100 flareside pickup - daily driver
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnall View Post
Not sure I've seen The Strope, but I agree, Kindig and Joe Martin are, at least for me, not only entertaining but educational to an extent as well. Also, I hate the fake drama of most of the shows...
Steve Strope from Pure Vision in So Cal. Had to look up the name of the show I forgot it. The show is called Hand Built Hot Rods. I'd heard his name here and there but didn't realize how big a player he is. Small shop, a few guys and cars at a time. Could take three years to get the car. Mostly hot rods and restomods but the restomods I've seen out of his shop are classic looking, including the interiors but with all the rest modern stuff. You could look at it and think it was a car from 1969 but once you looked at the dash and drove it it would be apparent what it was. He contracts the paint and upholstery out and at least on the TV show used the same guys for each build. The designs and ideas are his and most all the mechanical comes from his place in Simi Valley.

post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 12:14 AM

Send a message via MSN to Blue Blood
Strope has quite a number of impressive builds, more mechanical design and fabrication than artistic. Here’s a Mustang that I’ve seen in person, you really have to spend time with the car to see everything that’s done.
https://www.purevisiondesign.com/rid...l-mustang.html

Also check out the 57 Ranch Wagon that won the Ford Design Award at SEMA last year. Also, check out the ‘70 Roadrunner, “Hammer”.

1995 GT Convertible - Laser Red - 331 stroker, Kenne Bell 2.2 - 415 RWHP 396 RWTQ
2002 Corvette Z06 - 410 RWHP 410 RWTQ
1968 Mustang Fastback .... Rustbucket slowly being reborn

Last edited by Blue Blood; 07-12-2019 at 12:18 AM.
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
I really like Joe Martin and the iron resurrection shows, I would have Shorty paint my ride in a heartbeat!
And the show is shot in my area (Hill country of Central Texas and Austin). The roads are familiar.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 03:30 PM

Garage
Bullit Charger

They can't do a Bullit Charger now, someone would notice the 2 extra doors.
Can't wait for the 4 door Mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page