Anyone see Fast & Loud Last night? - Page 4 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 65Likes

post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russstang View Post
I'd rather watch you watch CSPAN than watch F&L

I'd rather watch you watch Woodchuck watch CSPAN than watch F&L.

Matt
Brea, CA

1965 Mustang Coupe 289 a/t Build Thread
1967 Firebird 400 4sp
1967 GTO 400 a/t
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpounder17 View Post
I wish there was a show that would just get a project and actually show more of the work and whatís involved using it as a somewhat teaching moment. They could stretch each car out for several episodes. They could show the thought processes involved in a restoration and the sequencing of events. I would also prefer a smaller crew working on the cars.
With some of the builds Iíve seen here we have folks on this site that could create just the show Iím looking for.

Chop, Cut, Rebuild was like that. they haven't had anything new for a couple of years now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasloki View Post
Steve Strope from Pure Vision in So Cal. Had to look up the name of the show I forgot it. The show is called Hand Built Hot Rods. I'd heard his name here and there but didn't realize how big a player he is. Small shop, a few guys and cars at a time. Could take three years to get the car. Mostly hot rods and restomods but the restomods I've seen out of his shop are classic looking, including the interiors but with all the rest modern stuff. You could look at it and think it was a car from 1969 but once you looked at the dash and drove it it would be apparent what it was. He contracts the paint and upholstery out and at least on the TV show used the same guys for each build. The designs and ideas are his and most all the mechanical comes from his place in Simi Valley.
Steve Strope is probably my favorite builder, his cars are just flat out awesome .
vegasloki likes this.

66 mustang coupe, 302 / T5-Z / 3.80 trac-lok

post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordguy View Post
Chop, Cut, Rebuild was like that. they haven't had anything new for a couple of years now though.
I used to like that show, but it turned into a 30 minute infomercial for a trade school.
fordguy likes this.

John

The Fauxstang. Dynacorn 67 fastback. Dart SHP 363, Close ratio Magnum 6 speed, 3.70 Eaton Truetrac in a fabricated full floater 9", SorT coil over suspension. Still in pieces.
'14 SHO with most all the bells and whistles. Stock for now.
F-150 SCab daily driver

post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:05 AM

Some of the remarks remind me of dealing with a 6 year old. They refuse to try a dish because they suspect there might be a piece of onion in it. Miss out on something good because of something they afraid of. Then you fool them into trying it, and they find it isn't bad after all.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback in body work https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/b...e-powered.html and on Facebook @65gtmustang
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingky View Post
Some of the remarks remind me of dealing with a 6 year old. They refuse to try a dish because they suspect there might be a piece of onion in it. Miss out on something good because of something they afraid of. Then you fool them into trying it, and they find it isn't bad after all.
I'd agree. Understanding that the shows are primarily a form of entertainment, they have to sell ads to continue playing. The more shows there are, the better and more widely supported the hobby is.
I picked up a little snippet of information from "overhaulin' " tucked into about a 2 second blurb that saved me thousands.
Huntingky likes this.

Project 487 Super Snake - '67 Shelby GT500 Pro Touring Beast

487cu FE Idling with X-Force Varex Mufflers
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingky View Post
This assumes none of us have watched these "reality" shows. I have. I always gravitate back to my MotorTrend subscription where I can avoid the drama. Overhaulin' isn't too bad, kinda fun to think about if it could happen to you. I just don't like loud, annoying *******s. If I did, I'd watch Trump speeches.
coupster and Crank_It_Up like this.

1965 Mustang
post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j persons View Post
I used to like that show, but it turned into a 30 minute infomercial for a trade school.

Same thing is happening to "Detroit Muscle" and "Engine Power". Whenever I see these episodes, I imagine some kid in remote Appalachia watching and saying, "Ma, Pa, how 'bout I go to that school? I wanna learn to work on race cars."

"OK, Billy Jo Jim Bob Junior, let's check it out... Hole-eee hot rods! It cost how much?" I feel bad for all the low income young people who would love to attend one of those schools, but could never raise the tuition and living expenses.

Currently working on a 1970 Mach 1 project. See it here: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...ode-build.html
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
...If I did, I'd watch Trump speeches.
Careful with that.

Regards,
Patrick
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
"OK, Billy Jo Jim Bob Junior, let's check it out... Hole-eee hot rods! It cost how much?" I feel bad for all the low income young people who would love to attend one of those schools, but could never raise the tuition and living expenses.
I think a better option for those kids in small, rural towns (or any place) is to go to the local community college and get trained there. After that they can go over to Wally's and see if Goober has any openings...

The placement rate from the trade schools isn't any better than going to the local CC. There are a couple of kids in the distant family that went to them. One is a regular line tech at a dealer and the other never really got established and doesn't do it. One of the ex-in laws started as a trailer tech at the yard were they do the Walmart fleets in Inland Empire So Cal and has been able to work up to a diesel tech over the last several years. He ended up not finishing CC but was able to get ASE certs through where he works.

Unless you have some connections in the business already most places are going to want you to work as a lube or tire tech first. To make any real dough you have get into higher end diagnostics and/or become a flat rate master. That takes some time. None of the big hot rod or race shops are going to hire anyone unless they come recommended by word of mouth from someone they know. Those trade schools mostly sell dreams. It's the same in fashion and entertainment as well.
j persons, Klutch and Huntingky like this.

67 Hardtop, brought it back to a driver
http://desertratretro.com
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:17 PM

Patrickstapler

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickstapler View Post
Careful with that.

"Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post

I would rather watch Nancy Pelosi swing on a pole.......
Or a noose.
So would your mom."

Drag Trump to the gallows too...while you're at it............

Well Patrick?
coupster likes this.
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:25 PM
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybob View Post
"Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post

I would rather watch Nancy Pelosi swing on a pole.......
Or a noose.
So would your mom."

Drag Trump to the gallows too...while you're at it............

Well Patrick?
I missed those. We all know the rules here. Please abide by them or we all know the way it ends.
Turnall likes this.

Regards,
Patrick
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 11:57 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
I shut it down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page