1969 shelby GT 350 Grabber Blue Mecum 2012 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 69bossnine

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

1969 shelby GT 350 Grabber Blue Mecum 2012

Does anybody know where I can get old video or video clips of the Mecum Auction July 20-21 2012 Des Moines Iowa . My old car was the feature car of the weekend and brought the highest bid of the weekend ? I contacted Mecum Auctions they said they dont keep old clips and if it exists its probably on youtube. I searched youtube extensively and can not find anyclips with my car in it. I did find pictures and some info on it , but no video. Car was a 1969 Shelby GT350 Grabber Blue with white stripes and white interior. Any help is greatly appreciated. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:26 AM

You should get in touch with the production company that recorded the footage.

Verbose Vocabularian
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mecum produces their own auction coverage. Contact them directly over their website...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bossnine View Post
Mecum produces their own auction coverage. Contact them directly over their website...
Even back in 2012? Its smart of them to have their own subsidiary for it to own and sell/license it as they wish. I know some shops will charge a fee to other outlets for an archive search though. They could start another income stream from owners that show their car crossing the block.

PS. Saw you, for the first time I recall, on the telly last week with the near survivor Ford truck. I apologize for the way I had you wrongly pictured in my mind

Verbose Vocabularian
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 02:09 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofAMillion+ View Post
Even back in 2012? Its smart of them to have their own subsidiary for it to own and sell/license it as they wish. I know some shops will charge a fee to other outlets for an archive search though. They could start another income stream from owners that show their car crossing the block.

PS. Saw you, for the first time I recall, on the telly last week with the near survivor Ford truck. I apologize for the way I had you wrongly pictured in my mind
Honestly, I don't know if they were handling their own production all the way back to 2012 or not. But they do today, so I still think the first step would be to contact them directly..

Yep, spent last weekend in Denver at Mecum.. Don't know how else you'd picture me, but I'll take it as a compliment! LOL!... I think the Mecum crew thought I was a little off my rocker when I chose that '66 F100 to feature. They typically choose shiny/fancy restored muscle or exotics to feature, so they kept looking at me like my hair was on fire when I doubled-down on the truck. It was a 352 4-speed, rust-free and dry as a bone underneath, the perfect project for a beginner on a limited budget. I see so many complaining about auctions focusing on stuff no one can afford, so I bucked the trend..
1ofAMillion+ likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replys. But already tried contacting Mecum . They said couldnt help , but to check Youtube . Tried all that with no success
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 03:54 PM

Try this: Ask at the SAACforum, you might want to post the car's vin number for information

Roddster
67 GT 350: MCA & SAAC Gold winner
67 S code GTA coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page