Current value / price for a 1970 power steering setup - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Current value / price for a 1970 power steering setup

I've been going through some of my parts bins and haven't sold or bought much over the last decade, and was curious what the average rate is today for a power steering setup for a 70 Mustang. Most of it fits a 69 as well, but the pump and bracket as you all may know is different - its off of a small block v8 car. Set up includes the power steering pump and bracket from a 302, the Idler arm, valve assembly, power steering Ram, and the quick ratio power steering gear. Complete and ready to bolt on. What do you think the value is as it currently sits which may be leaking a little. Or the value of it if I rebuild the pump, valve, and ram with all new seals. Not trying to sell it here, simply looking for opinions on the current value of the parts. I also have two other sets from a 69 Mustang with the Thompson pump and aluminum bracket that came off 351w cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:35 PM

I take a stab at this?
If I can view the parts, actuate the parts, check for rusted bent, abused pieces, then a value can be judged.
A value from others description is just that a view. Some ones idea, thoughts of value.
Lower units can range from junk, scrape yard material ($5.00 for X # pounds) to whatever someone is willing to invest in with their given expertise, OR advice from the knowledgeable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page