Washington State Alignment - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Washington State Alignment

Well after being stationed in Lemoore, CA for the last 9 years I'm finally returning back to the Pacific Northwest where I spent the first half of my career and was raised before that. This Friday I tow my car back up Whidbey Island, WA (Oak Harbor) and get settled. I recently swapped out all my front suspension for Street or Track Bilstein coilovers and had the best of intentions of getting it aligned while still here in Cali. However, between packing, checking out of my job, and getting the car re-painted I've officially ran out of time and will tow it north as is. With the SoT setup and Z-Rays cross member I'm a little concerned about going to an alignment shop that has no experience with this kind of vehicle. I have a great tech at Firestone that has made the changes to my car over the years so I have a "lifetime" alignment through them. There is one in the area where I'm going but I feel this setup has top many variables and would rather find someone who is very experienced in classic alignments. So to the point, I'm hoping that some of you have a recommendation for a shop somewhere between Seattle and Canada that I can setup an appt with and hopefully get this aligned before the fall/winter season happens upon the area and I have to park her for the time. I appreciate it!

1965 Coupe - Wimbledon White Road Race Car
1967 Coupe - Red Street Cruiser
Bunch of other non-Ford cars no one will car about
US Navy MMCPO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:36 AM

I think they have moved a block or so from when I took my car there and the website is all about imports but I like them........https://www.g2motorsports.com/
Welcome back by the way.

6r07a143871 --owned since 10/83
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:28 AM

Welcome back to The Rock. Iím at Whidbey (live in Anacortes) and would love to see your setup. Sadly, I donít have any personal experience with shops there but Iím about to get my motor rebuilt at Extreme Metal and Paint. They may have recommendations for shops though for realignment. Pacific Classics in Mount Vernon seems solid and the owner is super friendly.

Defender of 18s!

'66 Coupe - Pro-touring in the making

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM

Blood Enterprises (auburn, WA). They specialize with Mustangs. They are the only one I trust my car with. They just finished my Borgeson steering conversion and hydraulic clutch conversion. They many coil over conversions as well. These guys are THE best as far as I'm concerned.

Welcome home👍
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 10:49 AM

Garage
I grew up there and know there is a good bit of Mustang enthusiasm in Oak Harbor. There is also a cruising club, so lots of good classics around town. I will ask a friend who still lives there to see who they go to, but I am sure you can find someone good without leaving the island.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 09:46 AM

Garage
The note I got back from my classic car friend in Oak Harbor was Schwab (assuming Les Schwab tires) or Precision on Goldie Road. Normally I would avoid Schwab for my personal classics, but I have seen a number of them at the local Schwab as well. Maybe a small town thing. Hope that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page