Snyper EFI Display Mounting - Vintage Mustang Forums
 16Likes

post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Snyper EFI Display Mounting

Someone send me to the correct thread if it's already been discussed. I'm looking for ideas on where to mount the Snyper EFI display in my 66 w/ AC and long center console. Don't want to stick it in the glove box... cost too much, I need people to see it! If you got Pics, I'd appreciate it. I'm not opposed to creating a bracket of some kind, Love mods. But I'm out of ideas today.

Warm Regards
Todd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:33 PM

I mounted mine in the AC center vent, as my AC doesnt work -

when I fix the AC, I'll probably mount it below the fan controls infront of the stick shift
tmadden likes this.

Daily Driver 69 coupe https://imgur.com/a/FztYA

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 PM

I faced the same dilemma when installing my Sniper. I had recently replaced the ashtray with an OE part, so I had a spare on the shelf. I fabricated a base that attached to the face of it and blended it into the surface. To it, I mounted the Sniper bracket/holder and slid it into place. I like the location and having the option of removing and replacing it with the unmodified piece. It's also nice to have the ashtray to hold the little items like the stylus, spare microchip and tuning notes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190904_162557.jpg (410.0 KB, 22 views)
tmadden likes this.

'66 GT Fastback, 302, Edelbrock Top End, Sniper EFI/Aeromotive, MSD, JBA Headers & 2.5" Exhaust, T5Z, Currie 3.55 Trac-Loc

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhutt View Post
I faced the same dilemma when installing my Sniper. I had recently replaced the ashtray with an OE part, so I had a spare on the shelf. I fabricated a base that attached to the face of it and blended it into the surface. To it, I mounted the Sniper bracket/holder and slid it into place. I like the location and having the option of removing and replacing it with the unmodified piece. It's also nice to have the ashtray to hold the little items like the stylus, spare microchip and tuning notes.

Can you back that pic up a little bit to get a little wider perspective?
Thats a decent place.
I built a little bracket in front of my aftermarket center console... not sure I like it so far.
Ill take a pic when I put the console back in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

That looks great - I'd like to see how and what with - that you modified the spare ashtray - You might have a winner there! We have the same interior setup Long console and AC

Warm Regards
Todd

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:26 AM

I thought once you got everything setup and running that you could unhook the HIM?
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber70Mach View Post
I thought once you got everything setup and running that you could unhook the HIM?
You can run without it, but there are many reasons to leave it connected. I like having the AFR and other info displayed. you can also have multiple config files stored that can be accessed at any time depending on whether you are looking for performance or fuel economy. If you don't want to see it, just route it into the glove box and close the door.
Grabber70Mach likes this.

'66 GT Fastback, 302, Edelbrock Top End, Sniper EFI/Aeromotive, MSD, JBA Headers & 2.5" Exhaust, T5Z, Currie 3.55 Trac-Loc
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber70Mach View Post
I have limited experience with my EFI system - Installed end of 2018
The EFI unit is using the engines TEMP sending sensor, so the old temp gauge no longer works, it's unplugged.
In the Multi gauge mode I have accurate temperature, Battery Voltage, fuel pressure and RPM's readings.
rhutt likes this.

Warm Regards
Todd

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You can run without it, but there are many reasons to leave it connected. I like having the AFR and other info displayed. you can also have multiple config files stored that can be accessed at any time depending on whether you are looking for performance or fuel economy. If you don't want to see it, just route it into the glove box and close the door.
Brother - If you understand this EFI system well - I'm all ears for learning. I've read the set-up manual several times and the cars running good, but I'm a novice on making adjustments for economy etc. I need to probably watch more You Tube videos. I do feel (smell) that the engine is running rich.

Warm Regards
Todd

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:55 PM

I am still in the novice stage myself. There are others on the forum that know far more than I will ever hope to understand. Schweigert is one of those individuals who has helped me resolve my own issues. I can push the AFR limits, but always revert back to the "sweet spot", which is never the most economical setting!
Here are a couple more pics that show my mounting solution better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sniper mount2.jpg (466.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Sniper mount1.jpg (355.3 KB, 16 views)
tmadden likes this.

Last edited by rhutt; 09-05-2019 at 12:57 PM.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmadden View Post
I have limited experience with my EFI system - Installed end of 2018
The EFI unit is using the engines TEMP sending sensor, so the old temp gauge no longer works, it's unplugged.
In the Multi gauge mode I have accurate temperature, Battery Voltage, fuel pressure and RPM's readings.
My plans are to use the Dakota Digital gauges and interface module. My understanding is that I can have access to all those inputs on the cluster.
tmadden likes this.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 02:57 PM

i've found with all the bugs my sniper(s) have had... its ESSENTIAL to have the handheld always available.

main two reasons if for the 1% TPS bug, and to see when your o2 sensor it bad with crazy AFR readings.
Grabber70Mach and tmadden like this.

Daily Driver 69 coupe https://imgur.com/a/FztYA

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 04:23 PM

The other reason to leave the HIM is if you are also running Holley's HyperSpark ignition too, you can adjust the timing directly through the HIM.

I have it on my 70 Challenger and love it.
Grabber70Mach and tmadden like this.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I am still in the novice stage myself. There are others on the forum that know far more than I will ever hope to understand. Schweigert is one of those individuals who has helped me resolve my own issues. I can push the AFR limits, but always revert back to the "sweet spot", which is never the most economical setting!
Here are a couple more pics that show my mounting solution better.

Looks great! I'm not using the ashtray for anything anyway. It would be nice if the display was rotated towards the drivers seat. just a thought. I'm going to try your design, if I tweak it, I'll post the results. I was also looking at using a long phone older extension that could be lowered and raised.
Amazon has this one....

RoadVise XL Car Seat Rail Mount for iPhone XS, XR, X, Galaxy Note 9, S9, Galaxy Tab

XL092-L23 $59.95
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sirius-seat-rail-mount-gn088sbhampsl22-1_2_540x540.jpg (17.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg car-phone-tablet-mount-xl092l23-1_540x540.jpg (15.1 KB, 9 views)

Warm Regards
Todd

Last edited by tmadden; 09-05-2019 at 05:59 PM.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweigert View Post
i've found with all the bugs my sniper(s) have had... its ESSENTIAL to have the handheld always available.

main two reasons if for the 1% TPS bug, and to see when your o2 sensor it bad with crazy AFR readings.

Your gonna have to tell me about all the cool stuff I can do with this EFI Handheld.... I've been working so hard on getting her right that I'm ready to have some fun and break some parts... I'd bring up tires and wheels but that's almost a political back spacing / rubbing can of worms that I'm gonna keep on the down low!

Warm Regards
Todd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page