Cool that it’s a potential Sprint.
I agree with the vintage Trans Am look, except I wouldn’t sweat the period correct details too much.
If that car were sitting in my shop, here’s what I would do with the look and feel:
- Leave the paint alone, for the most part. I even dig the black tail panel and front valance.
- Shave/delete the following: antenna, bumper guards, reverse lights, pony/corral and gas cap.
- move the fuel filler into the trunk with a dish and cover the holes from the gas cap and reverse lights with aluminum plates.
- consider blacking out the tops of the fenders and hood, even with something silly like plasti-dip so the patina isn’t lost forever.
- side exit exhaust.
- install brake cooling scoops in the front valance.
- start thinking now about what Racing number to put on the doors.
This last one is probably just me, but I would chop the fenders/quarters and install generic, black bolt on fender flares. Get some cheap Cragar D window steel wheels (spray painted gold) with a crazy offset that sticks the wheels out to fit the flares.
I made the attached image in a video game that has some solid customization options. This is what I would build tomorrow if I could.
Edit: this guy has the right idea...