Need help with company to ship car across country - Vintage Mustang Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GT289

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Need help with company to ship car across country

I have a car I need shipped across the country and need a good reliable car shilling company who is trustworthy.

Back in spring i got a quote from reliable carriers to deliver here and it was expensive, but its what it was.

I just tried to get an updated quote, and I got a quote with the message that "we are not currently servicing that lane of traffic"

What the

So now I need to find another service and relatively quickly. One that is good and trustworthy. One that maybe has their own insurance and has a history of expensive car transportation and a good record.

Any feedback is great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention, this will need to be an enclosed trailer. This is an expensive Eleanor car (the one i showed in pics before in a different post) that is worth a good deal of money.

So this cant be an open trailer.

Thanks.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 06:06 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop1911 View Post
need a good reliable car shilling company who is trustworthy.

That's an oxymoron, isn't it?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Indeed. Car shipping.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 07:12 PM
Supporting Member

Bishop1911'
I was told that many of the carriers were pressed into service after the very recent MECUM Auction in Texas. I assume they have a larger than normal load for the short term. I would assume that the "servicing lane" quote may be temporary. Other outfits with fairly good reputations are Passport and Horseless Carriage, among others. Good Luck!

67 S-Code GT
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:02 PM

I tried Reliable or so I thought and it turned out to be a broker (again I was calling Reliable's phone number). Ended up with an outfit I never heard of who had my car in route without me knowing their charge nor my approval. In retrospect it appears that Reliable doesn't pickup cars just anywhere. Since then I sent a car to Kansas via Passport. Very much impressed with them.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:34 PM

We've covered this subject quite a few times.
A few folks on the VMF have used Executive Motor Coach, as have I.

Give Dave Fountain a call. In January, he started his own business after years of experience working for/with others doing auto transportation.
He shipped my '48 Ford truck from Florida to California. They ship enclosed or open. I shipped mine open. No problems. Awesome price.

"I co-founded a new transport company, Executive Motor Coach, with 40 years combined experience and partnered with one of the most reputable auto transport companies in the country. We transport cars, trucks, suv's, classics, exotics, motorcycles, atv's even farm and construction equipment if needed. In an effort to provide an even higher level of quality service, I'm very excited and pleased to announce that we are open for business. Our motto at EMC is Every Member Counts, Every Move Counts, Every Minute Counts"

Dave Fountain
Ofc: 515-207-1494
[email protected]
Contact Us - Executive Motor Coach
Grabber70Mach likes this.

As the drill sergeant said, "I taught you everything you know. I didn't teach you everything I know."

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
- Douglas Adams
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am going to get several quotes, speak to them and read reviews and make best decision I can.

Thank you all.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 08:24 AM

Please follow up with us as to who you use and your experience. It's always good to get recent feedback on the carriers.

'68 coupe 289 C4 (featured in Mustangs & Fords July 2003)
'67 convertible 5.0L EFI conversion (appeared in Mustang Monthly Feb 2017)
'90 LX 5.0L
Www.ccrestorations.com
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Here is where I am currently.

Horseless carriage said they do not service Oregon. Huh.

Reliable said in feb. They would do it, now they are not servicing that lane.

I got a quote back from intercity. It was fair enough, and they had good reviews. A note said scheduling would take more time. I called and he said it could take weeks or months. It all depends when a truck going to northwest comes up with a full truckload going that has an open space. He said there was no time frame and nothing coming up. They dont service that lane much.

So back to calling and trying to find more quotes or anyone reputable who will do it. Gonna try that number listed in post above this morn and see what they can do.

Thanks.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone heard of this place or used them? I never had but was on autotraders website and it it listed them as a partner. They have a bunch of great reviews, and no negative, which instantly makes me suspicious.

Anyway, if anyone has feedback I would appreciate.

https://shipyourcarnow.com/fast-quote/
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 01:22 PM
DMO

I don't know if they ship clear across the country, but I used JnJ Transport to ship my '66 GT FB. I went with one of the smaller companies because they seemed quicker and more responsive/specialized to my needs, unlike the bigger national companies that have tons of cars to ship and have to fit you in on their schedule. JnJ was professional, had the proper credentials/insurance, and was very responsive (talked to the company owner to set up and the transport driver gave me updates during the trip via text and phone calls). They got the car from North Carolina to Texas in 3 days, covered/enclosed transport for $595 down, $1000 upon delivery and inspection. I had a good overall experience.

Jason Brockman
President / CEO
JnJ Transport LLC
a JnJ International Company
"JnJ on the way!"
www.JnJShips.com

Main 251-SHIPCAR
Office 704-999-5837
Cell 864-567-1484
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop1911 View Post
Has anyone heard of this place or used them? I never had but was on autotraders website and it it listed them as a partner. They have a bunch of great reviews, and no negative, which instantly makes me suspicious.

Anyway, if anyone has feedback I would appreciate.

https://shipyourcarnow.com/fast-quote/

Hey Bishop,

I used ShipYourCarNow to transport my 69 Mach 1 in December. It was an overall good experience for me.

They charge a brokers fee of like ~$100 that goes to them, and then I paid the driver they set me up with $500 cash. My broker (Steven A.) was very helpful, and they ended up setting me up with a driver/company called VJF Auto Transport Corp.

If youíre wondering why it was so cheap, itís because thereís shipping ďseasonsĒ and I did it in the off-season (early-mid December)

For SYCN, You choose pickup dates/times, they schedule it, hook you up with the driver, and then theyíre pretty much done unless you have a huge issue.

My driver didnít speak any english, but it wasnít a huge deal- another person in the company had to act as a liaison so that we could communicate effectively, and they were available through text and very helpful.

They were on time perfectly for both pickup and dropoff, and it was very simple.

However, I noticed (after i took my car and the driver left) that my tail light was broken. This wasnít a huge deal for me, as they were the original tail lights and I was going to replace them anyway. But iím glad I took pics of my car on the truck before and after it was loaded/unloaded just to show proof (they were nice about it). I sent them a screenshot of the product page for a replacement on CJ ponyparts, and they sent me the money to buy 2 via CashApp almost immediately. Sweet, New taillights!

Now my car isnít in the greatest condition, as itís a work in progress. But, i chose the cheapest route and best of all- it worked for me. Your mileage may vary, but my experience was legit, at least.

-Kwaz

Roadkill and Harbor Freight enthusiast
Rust-bucket 1969 Mustang Mach 1. Build thread link!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for that feedback. Interesting.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone used pilot transport and have any feedback?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page