NPD - Vintage Mustang Forums
 29Likes

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

NPD

Just a shoutout to the guy on here that is a NPD wheel. I live in Thomasville, NC. The NPD warehouse in Charlotte is just 52 miles from my house. I have made 4 trips there to buy parts and have ordered a lot from them. Every trip I have made there, the counter people are some of the best customer service guys I have ever met. They have gone out of their way to make each trip an easy one. This past Monday I drove down to get some seatbelts for the back seat of my 66 coupe. While there I realized the front ones would not match. They only had one set in stock that I wanted and another in Florida. Without any hesitation the counter guy ordered the one for me from Florida and said I would get it this week to my house. Well today is Wednesday and the UPS driver delivered it this morning. That is quick service. Just wanted you to know that the guys in Charlotte are the best and I will continue to make the drive for parts. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:10 PM

Garage
They are awesome; they love the cars and their jobs. Never a hassle for me to have to drop in for parts.
myfirstcar66 likes this.

-1965 C-code 289 3-speed Coupe
Tis better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:44 PM

Garage
I made my first trip there on a Sunday after the Charlotte show and got almost everything I needed, and the last item was at my house by Tuesday. Jam-up and jelly-tight ! !

My 1st car...
'66 Tahoe Turquoise/ Aqua coupe
•289 / 4100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Quick Manual Steering
•Rally Pac •Console •Deluxe Belts
•LOTS of Rotunda accessories

Older son's 1st car...
'66 Emberglo / Parchment deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Dealer A/C • Console
•Dual Exhaust • Power Steering

Younger son's 1st car...
'66 Nightmist / Blue & white deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Factory A/C •Console
WAITING FOR RESTORATION

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 05:36 PM

I have the opportunity to get into the West Coast store in Ventura, CA at least once a month. I live about 45 miles away and love to make my way to the coast regularly. The staff is great, knowledgeable and very helpful. Between NPD and my local Mustang salvage yard, I am pretty well set for anything I need.

'66 GT Fastback, 302, Edelbrock Top End, Sniper EFI/Aeromotive, MSD, JBA Headers & 2.5" Exhaust, T5Z, Currie 3.55 Trac-Loc
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 05:59 PM

Garage
I stopped into the Ocala store on my way to Mustang Week. I needed a $3 sticker for my console. The salesperson at the counter treated me like I was making a $300 purchase. Another shoutout to Rick @69bossnine
Israel and Fishfreq like this.

David
VMF Build Thread - 1969 Shelby GT350 Hertz rebuild Gallery
Used by Hertz for the 1969 "Rent-A-Racer" program at Miami Internation Airport.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 06:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhutt View Post
I have the opportunity to get into the West Coast store in Ventura, CA at least once a month. I live about 45 miles away and love to make my way to the coast regularly. The staff is great, knowledgeable and very helpful. Between NPD and my local Mustang salvage yard, I am pretty well set for anything I need.
Local Mustang salvage yard you say? May I inquire as to where this is?

I have yet to visit the NPD in So Cal but I do plan on it soon as I need a new windshield. Freight is horrendous!

1965 coupe w/ 302 out of a '68, Edelbrock 2027 top-end kit, Autolite 4100, Mustang II front end conversion, AAW wiring harness, rear-disc conversion, Dakota Digital dash
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 06:38 PM

Always nice to hear stories of great customer service these days! I had the opposite experience on the phone today with my local Mustang store. Called to see if they had a fuel tank in stock and asked them what brand it was and the guy had no idea and wouldnt go take a look for me. Its about a 45 minute drive from my house. I drove to my local O'reillys 5 minutes away and the girl gave me several options and I ordered the one I wanted for about half the price of the other one.
c6fastback likes this.

Cliff
1966 Blue Hardtop. 200 CID with 3 Speed Trans
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:27 PM

guitarman - PM'd you
guitarman584 likes this.

'66 GT Fastback, 302, Edelbrock Top End, Sniper EFI/Aeromotive, MSD, JBA Headers & 2.5" Exhaust, T5Z, Currie 3.55 Trac-Loc
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 08:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Woodchuck
I wish they were within driving distance to me... heck, I wish ANYBODY was within driving distance to me.
myfirstcar66 likes this.

Bart

What, me worry?
- Alfred E. Neuman

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 09:01 PM

Its a 2 hours drive but if I order by 10am I have it next day usually - they are always willing to take that 'Extra Step' in customer service.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 01:27 AM

Everything about NPD is fantastic until you need to return a part because it's broken. Then their system breaks down from my experience. Don't get me wrong: I'll continue to order from them solely due to the lower chance of that happening (they do seem to have higher quality parts). But when it does, the replacement process has been more of a pain than it should be, in my opinion.

Case in point: I just had to return a starter solenoid because it was fused from the main power to the starter (so if you connect the battery and the starter, the starter continually spins due to the internals of the solenoid being connected). I returned it according to their instructions but haven't heard even crickets as to the replacement part. They're as good as we can get, though...

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 01:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ryan View Post
Everything about NPD is fantastic until you need to return a part because it's broken. Then their system breaks down from my experience. Don't get me wrong: I'll continue to order from them solely due to the lower chance of that happening (they do seem to have higher quality parts). But when it does, the replacement process has been more of a pain than it should be, in my opinion.

Case in point: I just had to return a starter solenoid because it was fused from the main power to the starter (so if you connect the battery and the starter, the starter continually spins due to the internals of the solenoid being connected). I returned it according to their instructions but haven't heard even crickets as to the replacement part. They're as good as we can get, though...
Of the thousands of dollars of parts I have purchased from NPD, I have had a few problems with bad parts. I made a phone call for each, and things were always resolved very quickly.

Have you called them yet to inquire about the return?

David
VMF Build Thread - 1969 Shelby GT350 Hertz rebuild Gallery
Used by Hertz for the 1969 "Rent-A-Racer" program at Miami Internation Airport.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:52 AM

Garage
There's a reason why i been using them since the early 80s
back in the day we got genuine ford parts. i though those days would never end,

and if all hell break loose we have a direct line to the CEO. and he really cares about us.

now you cant beat that
Israel likes this.

1970 Mach 1 San Jose built Dec 23 1969. Marti 1 of 7. Purchased in 1987. Original family owner of the power train
351C 2v FMX.

1993 GT 13,000 miles, Built 2-12-93 Bought 8/3/93 Auto, 3:27 Axle, cloth, sunroof, AC. Unmolested all original car. Purchased new 8-3-93. still has the factory windshield fluid.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:57 AM

THe one or two broken/damaged parts I have gotten (out of probably 35K in parts over the last 10 yrs) were made good on the spot. No questions asked- (I do drive to my local CHarlotte store and they pretty much recognize me) I do tell them so it doesn't get put back on a shelf- but its a pretty rare occurance- for sure < 1 % of my purchases.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ryan View Post
Everything about NPD is fantastic until you need to return a part because it's broken. Then their system breaks down from my experience.
Well, that's just it. Your experience was less than exemplary, but that vast majority of VMFers who share their experiences have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with NPD's return policy, including those that ordered wrong parts or even changed their minds.

John

Do NOT send me a private message, email me directly:[email protected]
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...mustangftp.jpg
now sandblasted and DP40'd since this pic was taken.
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ngdriveway.jpg
a two legged hole shot, even with a munged up carb and snow tires...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page