Anyone know how to twiddle browser cntls on AOL? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

I've just read Joe Martin's raves about some of the personal preferences that can be set over here. I'd like to change my own profile but every time I make a change, this site tells me it can't make the change because of some of my browser settings. I've gone into preferences under 'My AOL' selected 'WWW' and looked for cookie controls, but no dice. It won't even allow me to change my signature. It did allow me to change my security controls from medium to medium-low, but I could find no references to allowing (or disallowing) cookies. Anyone know how to make these changes to MSIE under AOL 5.0?

Glenn Morgan 66 GT Fastback 351w+toploader

Glenn 66 GT FB 351w-toploader-3.25 Trac-Loc 9-in. Former midwest Rustbucket. Now a trophy-winning, beautiful burgundy restomod - thanks to sheetmetal donations from 3 other Mustangs as well as some new panels and alot of cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 01:23 AM

Good to hear from you. Hadn't seen you on the forum lately, and thought you might be snowed in someplace.

Do you have Internet Explorer? or Netscape Navigator? If you have IE, you set it for accepting cookies as follows:
Click on the "My Computer" button
Click on "Control Panel"
Click on "Internet Options"
Click on "Security"
Click on "Custom Level"
Scroll down to cookies, and click on "enable"

Hope this is helpful. If you have Netscape, you're on your own!

65 FB "Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them as much as you wish!"

Ken

"Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them as much as you wish"!!

1965 Fastback, Sunlit Gold, I6, T-5, Pertronix, CAA AC, SSBC frt discs
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 01:30 AM

Just reread your post and saw that you do have IE. I'm not sure what AOL has to do with it, but do know that AOL kind of "owns" your machine with their infernal software. Try the IE fix I described and see if it doesn't work.

65 FB "Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them as much as you wish!"

Ken

"Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them as much as you wish"!!

1965 Fastback, Sunlit Gold, I6, T-5, Pertronix, CAA AC, SSBC frt discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page