Autolite 2100 Carburetor questions - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to SpitFire
Autolite 2100 Carburetor questions

I disassembled my 2100, let it soak in Berryman's Carburetor cleaner, and then washed it all off. Then I blew out the passageways I could with compressed air, washed it off again, and then dried it off. Under inspection, I found some (what I think) are problems.

This is my venturi. You can see on the right tube there is separation. The otherside is completely together. Is this a problem?

This is the bottom of the same piece. You can see that the left tube is slightly bent out of center. Is this a problem?

This is where my economizer valve screws in (according to the NAPA diagram). There are two brass fittings, however they are not congruent in location of their holes. One is pushed in farther than the other. Is this a problem?

Thanks so much.

Now the floorpans look BETTER than this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:09 PM

I wouldnt worry about the power valve problem (economizer valve) as much as the split emilsifier tube. But with as many 2100 carbs made (billions),,someone on here should be able to help you out with a nice original one. I would replace it due to the fact it may affect the rich/lean mixture for that side. If your going concours i would replace it,,,but if you "may" be considering upgrading to a 4V manifold,,,do that with a modern Holley electric choke carb 4V and be WAY ahead. Just a thought.

Professionally restoring 65-73 Mustangs,,Full-size Fords,,,AND 67-81 General Motors Firebird,,,Trans-Am.Located in Simpsonville Ky.,Shelby County.25 years experience,,,,,with emphasis on building beautiful and unusual musclecars,,to include full-size too.Advice and questions are always welcome. (502) 338-1218 Thanks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

I have been wanting to get a 4bbl with electric choke and vacuum secondary (so it goes to 2 bbl when I'm cruising), but I could use funds at other places at the moment. So you would recommend the replacement of the venturi cluster?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 07:21 AM

The cracked tube is an issue as stated above. Fortunately, all you have to do is clean it up with some steel wool, blow it out real good and solder it up. Use a very thin solder like 0.02 and be very sparing. Heat the tube with the iron and just touch off the cracked portions.

Formerly of the Permanently Addicted...
Let it be known that I do not street race or condone that sort of thing
- unless the '[email protected] deserves it.
Someone takes his pants off and the rafters knock
Rock is dead they say
Long Live Rock!
67 conv. 289 4spd(mine), 67 coupe 289 Export(swmbo's)

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Alright I'll work on it this three day weekend I have coming up. I appreciate the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page