South of the Border Mustang Registry CLOSING - Vintage Mustang Forums
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveH
  • 3 Post By Potro65

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Alert South of the Border Mustang Registry CLOSING

For an unfortunate mix of personal and financial reasons, I will no longer be able to maintain the South of the Border Mustang Registry, which for the past 16 years has tracked Mustang production outside of the U.S.
In that time, the world has moved from recognizing four Mexican Mustangs to more than 270 built, assembled or converted in Mexico, Venezuela, Peru, the Netherlands and Australia.

To avoid losing this data forever, though, I've zipped the entire website (including the formerly private source data) and uploaded it to:

https://hotfile.com/dl/224118271/524...xmust.zip.html

So, if anyone is interested in taking over this project, feel free to download it and take the reins!

I'd like to also take this opportunity to thank Arjan Nugteren of (the sadly now also apparently defunct) dutchmustang.nl registry website, who located many of the Mustangs in the Netherlands portion of the registry.

Thanks again for your support over the past decade and a half!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 AM
(actually Slim Jr now)

Dave, sorry to hear you need to drop this site. Unfortunately (IMO) many people take sources/sites/info for granted. Everything is free right?

I'm a former member of the American Granada club. Yes there was a Euro Granada for many years, totally different but Ford Euro.

Ironically the founder is in Poland...a long time FOMOCO fan. He organized, ran and paid for the site for about 10 years.

Somehow people get the idea things are free with no help needed from them financial or otherwise.

That's my rant, thanks very much for the many
years of your efforts,

Slim

My '64 1/2 vert. Ordered May '64. D code 4 speed, handling package, caspian blue, accent group, Ford blue manual top.

'68 vert. driver. Owned since Apr '78. C code AT, AC, PS, P disc B, PT lime gold, standard black interior and top. NOS RF fender and left quarter.New top and folding glass.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

I should also mention that Dave's 1966 Mustang Tech Site will be shutting down at the same time. While none of the data there is completely unique, it is still linked and accessed by members here quite often, particularly the wiring diagrams and accessory information.
Most of this should remain available for quite a while through the Internet Wayback Machine:
Classic Mustang Tech Site

If anyone would like the whole bundle for some reason (if only to extract any desired diagrams or data), a zip of the whole site should be available for the next six months at:
https://hotfile.com/dl/224186452/db2...ammar.zip.html
(And if you get super-crazy, here are the supporting cgi files (and source code):
https://hotfile.com/dl/224180769/6dc...i-bin.zip.html
https://hotfile.com/dl/224181029/117...i-src.zip.html
)
capemustang likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Garage
DaveH,
Very sorry to find this post. Thank you for your efforts and sharing your work. I only recently found a link by a comment you posted on "just a car guy" I think it was. I travel all over the world for my job and have long been in love with Mustangs. It's rare to see classic Mustangs in other countries but so glad you made the effort to track and document them.
Good luck in the future and maybe someone will sponsor you to again take up the effort!
Craig aka tarafied1

My wife's name is TARA so I am the TARA-fied 1!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/63634_4358514046617_1881987486_n.jpg
67 Hardtop, 429 Big block, 9" rear, 4 wheel disc brakes...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:21 PM

Hmmm… Just downloaded the tech site. Pity, my efforts alone at linking your stuff will result in over a thousand links dying. Maybe I can find a host. Thanks for the help, though.

Amateur restorer. Well, sometimes I have been paid for it. But not right now.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:18 PM

Reactivating the South of the Border Mustang Registry.

Hi ..

I am interested in bringing back to life the SBMR.
The main problem was Dave's taking the whole financial burden on his shoulders.
I would like to find Dave's whereabouts and if he is interested in getting the forum back to life if WE contribute to aliviate that burden.
Dave did such an excelent job in running that historic Mustang site for the world wide Mustang comunity.

Dave, if you happen to read this message please let me know how to get a hold of you.

So, please, let me hear your opinions from all of you to get this reactivation up and going.

Thank you.

René.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Hi all .....

Anybody can get me in contact with Dave Hammar
Dave, Dave. let me hear from you please.

Thanks,
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potro65 View Post
Hi all .....

Anybody can get me in contact with Dave Hammar
Dave, Dave. let me hear from you please.

Thanks,
I have heard that he passed away. I had his sites bookmarked and downloaded a bunch of images to help me along the way years ago. The 66 Mustang Accessories page with all the options Rotunda stuff was really cool.

My 1st car...
'66 Tahoe Turquoise/ Aqua coupe
•289 / 4100 •C4 Auto •Disc Brakes
•Dual Exhaust •Quick Manual Steering
•Rally Pac •Console •Deluxe Belts
•LOTS of Rotunda accessories

Older son's 1st car...
'66 Emberglo / Parchment deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Dealer A/C • Console
•Dual Exhaust • Power Steering

Younger son's 1st car...
'66 Nightmist / Blue & white deluxe coupe
•289 / 2100 •C4 Auto
•Factory A/C •Console
WAITING FOR RESTORATION

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 09:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. His sites were a great resource and he seemed like one of the nice guys.
I used his "10 Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter" a coupla times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in